Tes5Edit and MO

vonwraith

Starting from scratch, being super careful. Trying to make as stable and clean a game as I've never had.

Following instructions by-- http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43043-skyrim-modding-guide/

also watched hours of video about MO. installed everythingas directed so far.

Load order is literally 

Skyrim

Update

Dawnguard

hearthfire

dragonborn

(high res x3)

Usleep

SKYUI

FNIS

... thats ALL... baby steps this time.

After LOOT, I run TES5EDIT in  Mod organizer.

I clean Update.esm. It tosses Update.esm and backup folder into 'Overwrite'.

Then to be sure I also clean Dawnguard.

It throws the cleaned files and backups into 'overwrite'. 

No one I've found has yet mentioned if that is normal, or what I should do with the files from overwrite.

Game still boots up and runs, but I'm leery or just letting files(cleaned or otherwise) just pile up in 'Overwrite'.

Advice?

Starting from scratch, being super careful. Trying to make as stable and clean a game as I've never had.

Following instructions by-- http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43043-skyrim-modding-guide/

also watched hours of video about MO. installed everythingas directed so far.

Load order is literally 

Skyrim

Update

Dawnguard

hearthfire

dragonborn

(high res x3)

Usleep

SKYUI

FNIS

... thats ALL... baby steps this time.

After LOOT, I run TES5EDIT in  Mod organizer.

I clean Update.esm. It tosses Update.esm and backup folder into 'Overwrite'.

Then to be sure I also clean Dawnguard.

It throws the cleaned files and backups into 'overwrite'. 

No one I've found has yet mentioned if that is normal, or what I should do with the files from overwrite.

Game still boots up and runs, but I'm leery or just letting files(cleaned or otherwise) just pile up in 'Overwrite'.

Advice?

In the cases you've mentioned, I just put the files back where they belong.

In other cases, like with files from fnis or bodyslide, you use the create mod rightclick option on the overwrite folder.

Yeah, it's normal that they end up in overwrite, because MO runs programs in a virtual enviroment.

I usually just leave them there, you could put them back in their place or create a seperate mod for them, but as long as you know what is what and how it ended up in your overwrite, there is no harm in leaving it there really.

Archived