play without Origin

rebopbass

hey guys,  I have bought the Sims 4.  Now Origin has decided i can't play anymore (i still run Win7) and it seems they don'T wan tto suppurt it anymore.  So i've got this game i paid for and those expansion packs, and all that money going to the shitters because Origin is not allowing me to play anymore.

Is there any way i can bypass that? even if that means i can no longer make updates?  

hey guys,  I have bought the Sims 4.  Now Origin has decided i can't play anymore (i still run Win7) and it seems they don'T wan tto suppurt it anymore.  So i've got this game i paid for and those expansion packs, and all that money going to the shitters because Origin is not allowing me to play anymore.

Is there any way i can bypass that? even if that means i can no longer make updates?  

Sounds like you're trying to get your illegal copy of the game to work.  :sleepy:

when i start the game or Origin, it gives me an error message:  it says it can't start and i need to get "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0-dll"  and that happened right after an Origin update... customer support told me i had to reinstall my C++... it's their update that caused the problem... I can't even open up origin since then... that happened late this summer.  i vowed not to ever use anything related to Origin, but it pisses me off because i paid for this game

Sakuyacos is a SimGuru, spying (as well as enjoying) LL.

Sorry for revealing your true identity. ;)

As a greeting for us, using your amazing skills and insider knowledge, plz makes some amazing xxx contents and a great xxx mod for us.

Just kidding. :P

I shall listen to our beloved community and grant you that wish.

Next update will include adult careers, playable pets (for immersion, not for anything kinky *wink wink*) and an in-depth body modification tool.

-issa joke, don't believe this please.

This happened to me this summer immediately after an Origin update. I just had to completely uninstall Origin, restart my computer, reinstall origin (and the games, so it took awhile) and then restart my computer again and it worked. Also make sure TS4 isn't running silently in the background by ending any Origin or TS4 programs in the task menu.

when i start the game or Origin, it gives me an error message:  it says it can't start and i need to get "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0-dll"  and that happened right after an Origin update... customer support told me i had to reinstall my C++... it's their update that caused the problem... I can't even open up origin since then... that happened late this summer.  i vowed not to ever use anything related to Origin, but it pisses me off because i paid for this game

Installing the Universal CRT should fix that but I gather that it's a bit of a crapshoot on Windows 7. The 2017 and 2015 VC++ Redistributables (first two links) also work for some people. Windows Update probably should have installed the update ages ago and Origin should have installed it if it needed it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi! I had this problem a while ago too. You need to delete your Origin files and reinstall it. The problem is that sometimes when Origin updates, it puts in a file that has no administrator information, so when Origin tries to update, it causes issues because no one has permissions to delete the file. You can't even delete it in normal Windows mode because there's no administrator set for it. What you need to do is restart your computer in Safe Mode, delete the file file, restart in normal Windows, and finally do a fresh install of Origin.

Hope this helps!

Archived