Hi! I'm new to using mods (I see you cringe).  I did see some excellent mods on here which got me interested in the game again, so now I'm trying to muddle my way through how to do this. 

I just downloaded Skyrim Special Edition thru Steam (yeah, I know), and I'm running Windows 10.

I know I'll probably need a mod installer but could use pointers on which one is most recommended and where to find it.

I also see a ton of lovely adult mods for regular Skyrim and not many for the Special Edition.  Do the regular ones work with SE? What do I need to get them to run? Are there any files that I must install for SE?

Sorry, I know clueless newbies are a pain in the ass, so thank you so much for any help you can give!

Sexual mods do not work on Skyrim Special Edition.

You have a few of them (Flowers girls and SexLab SE) but you will lack most of the interesting mods.

About mod manager for SSE you have NMM. Or, if you feel adventurous MO2)

You have a few of them (Flowers girls and SexLab SE) but you will lack most of the interesting mods.

Drat.  SSE was the only one I had access to.  Think anyone will be updating the sex mods for SSE?  Also, why is MO2 adventurous? *perks ears hopefully*

Thanks for your reply!  :)

Drat.  SSE was the only one I had access to.  Think anyone will be updating the sex mods for SSE?  Also, why is MO2 adventurous? *perks ears hopefully*

Thanks for your reply!  :)

Skse is here,stuff from Se will be ported(i think) 

With time something will be ported.

Probably not the mods that are now abandoned, but many will be.

MO2 is really unstable and I was not comfortable in using it for SSE.

what are we missing out on right now? besides body physics?

Full version of sexlab for one and the wide range of plugins for it.  For me i am specifically holding out for SexLab Defeat, prison overhaul and Dangerous Nights

New Question:  BSA's

I downloaded both of those and have BAE to extract them, but when I open BAE, the list it opens up only shows *.bae and *.ba2 files.  I can't get it to show anything else.
Then I tried extracting the .7z archive and then extracting the BSAs into the folders they were in, but when trying to upload that to NMM, it doesn't have anything to open - just file folder upon file folder with nothing loadable to NMM.  

Do I just use the unextracted .7z (which NMM seems happy enough to accept) and hope for the best?

• 2 weeks later...

You could technically rebuild the mod to install loose file instead of the incompatible Archives.

But some mods might include an installer which does more than just copy some files,

and you would really need to understand how the mod works to modify it.

I would recommend trying the following:

1. Take a peek in the (.zip, .7z) archive and remember the name of the .ba Achive(s).

2. Install the mod using the regular Way with your modmanager.

3. Fire up BAE, open the mods archive file(s) in your game folder and make sure its content will get extracted into the respective subfolder of your game,

or extract it's content elsewhere and copy the folders content by hand.

4. delete the Mod's original .ba Archive from your Gamemefolder

You will need to keep track of which files you've overwritten by yourself.

If you want to uninstall any of them you need to delete the created files by yourself, or its textures/models/scripts remain in the game. 

If you ever remove the Mod, you also might need to reinstall other Mods who's files have been overwritten by the Half-Maunual installed Mod.

This can get really messy you should backup your game files before modding, it might be easier to simply delete the entire game, resort to the backup and reinstall

your mods, rather than trying to track down every singe file you have placed in your game at some point.

• 2 months later...

Archived