Feelings about Piercings?

MiniGiles

So, as I am working on updating my piercing mod, I was thinking what better way to take things up a notch and make the piercings induce buffs while my Sims are wearing them. I was able to do this on my stamina ring so why not on jewelry right?

But now I have a quandary, what kind of buff to use? Does each piercing type get a different buff or do only certain traits affect what type of buff the Sim wearing the piercing gets?

Anyone have any opinions or suggestions?

So adding a moodlet to a clothing part means that Sims would have that moodlet active all the time, right? Isn't that too much? Or do you have a different idea of how this should work?

I would suggest that when it comes to adding any buffs, you should have an alternative version that doesn't feature them.

So adding a moodlet to a clothing part means that Sims would have that moodlet active all the time, right? Isn't that too much? Or do you have a different idea of how this should work?

I would suggest that when it comes to adding any buffs, you should have an alternative version that doesn't feature them.

Not at all Turbo. The mood-lets for CAS items, EA made or otherwise, can and do have a time limits on their affect. Once a sim initially dons an outfit wearing that item the mood-let activates but after a specified amount of time it wears off. A sim would have to switch outfits to reactivate the mood-let.

The current versions of the piercings are sans mood-lets.

Flirty +3.

Confident.

Those would make sense.

They do indeed make sense but then what about a squeamish or unflirty sim? Would they be a candidate to have either mood-let necessarily?  I could see a loner sim becoming confident for a bit since they are not super social, would flirty work? Couldn't creative and art lover sims be inspired by their piercing?

I kind of agree with turbo here, we already have too many buffs in the game, i usually use mods to remove them, not add them. 

With an accessory so small as piercing i don't think they are worth it, but if you make it temporary i suggest making it very rare and +1 only just to give some flavour.

Also confident buff makes more sense then flirty.

i thought flirty as the piercings would add a little stimuli to the areas that were pierced, possibly.

And confident as your average person does not have the balls to pierce said areas.

Thank you Mo0ose69, I was thinking somewhat along those lines.

I kind of agree with turbo here, we already have too many buffs in the game, i usually use mods to remove them, not add them. 

With an accessory so small as piercing i don't think they are worth it, but if you make it temporary i suggest making it very rare and +1 only just to give some flavour.

Also confident buff makes more sense then flirty.

Thank you uriel1987. The plan was never for a buff with an unlimited affect time. I don't think in this case there will be any reason for any strength more than +1 unless it made sense trait wise.

Some people get piercings and think nothing of it so I would imagine there would have to be certain traits that should not get a buff at all and some that would but not necessarily the same one. So I guess the real question is, which in game traits would make the most sense with which buff type and which ones would make sense to get no buff at all.

The list non-cc traits of are available: http://www.carls-sim...ide.com/traits/

Archived