mods not allways activating / starting

Cock Sucker

so I boot up nmm, click f4se (up2date) and two things happen.

1. the mods run normally on load and all fine

2. when I try to load a game file it moans about achievements / disabled etc.etc, if I quit game and restart it works :/

No.2 doesn't happen often say 1 in 5 game starts but it does.. so what would cause it? :/

2. when I try to load a game file it moans about achievements / disabled etc.etc, if I quit game and restart it works :/

No.2 doesn't happen often say 1 in 5 game starts but it does.. so what would cause it? :/

You don't use NMM or MO to start the game. You create a shortcut on your desktop of F4SE's exe file & use that instead.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

You don't use NMM or MO to start the game. You create a shortcut on your desktop of F4SE's exe file & use that instead.

figures.. I thought you had to go through nmm to do the mods >.<

figures.. I thought you had to go through nmm to do the mods >.<

No.......All you use NMM & MO for these days is to check mark the mods you want to be active. That's all.

;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Don't think it's caused by NMM / MO at all. Actually, I run my game by the "launch with F4SE" through NMM and it just works without any hiccup.

Is your game in the "program files" directory ? If so, move it ouside. And the rest of Steam too.

its default install to the x86 steam / steamapps / common folder

did a shortcut to f4se to my desktop and tried today after I got back from the hospital and it did it again -.-

Okay, just for your info, those two directory "program files" are specialm : they limit some access.

Best thing is to reinstall your entier Steam (and games) outside those directory, like I did myself: in my case my Steam directoryu is in my secondary HDD. So, it's actually "E:\Jeux\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4". No problem this way.

Okay, just for your info, those two directory "program files" are specialm : they limit some access.

Best thing is to reinstall your entier Steam (and games) outside those directory, like I did myself: in my case my Steam directoryu is in my secondary HDD. So, it's actually "E:\Jeux\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4". No problem this way.

Fascinating!

So when you install a new game, will Steam use that folder or revert back to using C:\Program Files?

???

Archived