Sims Randomly Wearing Stuff Issue

+1 to Gecko's post,

I also noticed this since city living and bowling EPs,

Npc Sims and household Sims will attend events wearing themed outfits which they may travel home in and continue to wear until an action requires them to change clothes :)

I think there are some mods for the purpose of this but I haven't tried any yet

Yeah this is because of festivals & vampires. For whatever stupid fucking reason, the developers thought it was a good idea to have sims spawn in random outfits at festivals. They also made "wannabe-vampire" sims that roam the neighborhoods dressed in stuff from the Vampire pack. The combination of these two things gives you the result in your pictures. Ridiculous right?  :shy:

However, there's a solution for this if you have the MC Command Center mod. It's under "Dresser" and it's called "ReplaceSituationOutfits". You can specify what outfits you would rather see instead of the garbage the game likes to spawn on them. I set it to Everyday (E), Formal (F), and Party (P). In my testing I found that it fixes the problem about 99% of the time. I've only seen it happen once where it wasn't corrected.

Each festival has a themed colour, such as pink for Romance. Therefore, each Sim will wear a randomised outfit suiting the theme of the festival they're attending. The problem is the game goes overboard, dressing Sims in everything and anything it can find in every clothing category, some people even wearing socks over leggings. Why they didn't just use the Party outfits each Sim has is beyond me.

Archived