I'm in need of some assistance with altering outfits in Bodyslide

Lamadi

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75861/?

I'm using Mod Organizer, and I recently got this mod to work somewhat. By that I mean, I get new armors in loot from humanoid enemies, but I can't for the life of me find out how to make my own customized armor outfits from the parts made available.

The Nexus page tells me to open the 'Book of UUNP' in Bodyslide, but I can't find it in Groups.

What I find weird is that I haven't generated any of the new armors in Bodyslide, but yet they still show up in the game.

So if you have any idea of what causes this, then I'd very much appreciate some help.

EDIT: Okay, so I downloaded the Bodyslide files, and I've managed to construct my own custom armors, but I struggle finding out how to make my outfits appear in-game, or rather how to make them overwrite the existing armors in BoUUNP / make direct changes to the outfit files.

I open the files through Skyrim/Data/Meshes/Bookofuunp, and I assume that's the right path.

I've exported some of my favorite armor parts as .nif files for easier access into a separate folder.

All of the armor parts come in two variations. For instance: 'Cuirassf01_0' and 'Cuirassf01_1' The only difference is that the _0 version has smaller breasts. Is there any other significant difference between these versions that I'm unaware of?

Is there a simpler way of building outfits than having to import whole outfits at a time just to add a single piece? I mean, other than exporting every piece as a file of its own manually?

And lastly, how do I go about saving a project / outfit to make it actually appear in the game.

I've been looking for tutorials on this subject as well, but have so far been unable to locate any good ones that actually help me.

EDIT: Also, how the hell do I load a project I've saved? I can't find them anywhere :/

By default it provides the Armors with Sevenbase shape. You need the Bodyslide files for each Volume (optional 03 - 12)

And it is a alternive look, not modular parts like Bikini Armor

Have the manuals in your inventory if you want to craft:

"...you need to find Crafting Manuals to craft the armor's, this was done to prevent the shear amount of craftable objects in the stations from crashing peoples games."

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75861/?

I'm using Mod Organizer, and I recently got this mod to work somewhat. By that I mean, I get new armors in loot from humanoid enemies, but I can't for the life of me find out how to make my own customized armor outfits from the parts made available.

The Nexus page tells me to open the 'Book of UUNP' in Bodyslide, but I can't find it in Groups.

What I find weird is that I haven't generated any of the new armors in Bodyslide, but yet they still show up in the game.

So if you have any idea of what causes this, then I'd very much appreciate some help.

You don't make customized armor from book of UUNP - that mod just adds a whole bunch of variants for each vanilla armor type (unless you want to play around in outfit studio and customize them yourself).  It also comes with pre-built meshes for the armor, which is why they show up in-game.

Are you sure you downloaded and installed the Bodyslide files?  They are optional downloads.

Problem is apparently that I haven't downloaded the bodyslide files, like you say.

I only have the main file and the fixer patches. Do I really have to install 9 other files to make this work?

Only if you want them to fit on any other bodytype than the default. :)

Problem is apparently that I haven't downloaded the bodyslide files, like you say.

I only have the main file and the fixer patches. Do I really have to install 9 other files to make this work?

Only if you want them to fit on any other bodytype than the default. :)

That's some damn big files as well. Probably won't be enough time to get it working today.

Will doing this put more of a strain on my laptop than the core mod already does? I'm assuming it won't but it never hurts to ask.

Bodyslide files are huge in comparison to just having prebuilt meshes.  Volume 1 bodyslide files are 3x as large as the entire base mod, the file size would simply be crazy if everything was included in one file.  So yea if you want to build the armors to your preset you'll want to install the bodyslide files for each volume.

I actually have both HDT and non-HDT bodyslide files installed because I was crazy enough to preview each individual piece and decide if it should be bouncy or not based on material.

Will doing this put more of a strain on my laptop than the core mod already does? I'm assuming it won't but it never hurts to ask.

Nope, unless hard-drive space is an issue.  Bodyslide files are just for Bodyslide to build replacement meshes, they don't interact with the actual game at all.

Time to ressurrect this topic again, sorry for the double post:

Okay, so I downloaded the Bodyslide files, and I've managed to construct my own custom armors, but I struggle finding out how to make my outfits appear in-game, or rather how to make them overwrite the existing armors in BoUUNP / make direct changes to the outfit files.

I open the files through Skyrim/Data/Meshes/Bookofuunp, and I assume that's the right path.

I've exported some of my favorite armor parts as .nif files for easier access into a separate folder.

All of the armor parts come in two variations. For instance: 'Cuirassf01_0' and 'Cuirassf01_1' The only difference is that the _0 version has smaller breasts. Is there any other significant difference between these versions that I'm unaware of?

Is there a simpler way of building outfits than having to import whole outfits at a time just to add a single piece? I mean, other than exporting every piece as a file of its own manually?

And lastly, how do I go about saving a project / outfit to make it actually appear in the game.

I've been looking for tutorials on this subject as well, but have so far been unable to locate any good ones that actually help me.

EDIT: Also, how the hell do I load a project I've saved? I can't find them anywhere :/

Time to make you cry I think, if I have read this right what you are doing is editing the files for the various book of uunp armours to suit what you want, and want them to replace those in game?

If so you need to edit the nif files that come with the bodyslide part of it not the meshes for the armour itself, that way when you build those items using bodyslide it will use those edited meshes you changed rather than the ones in the bodyslide files.

In other words the files you want to change and edit assuming you are then build those newly edited files in bodyslide are stored in the

CalienteTools\Bodyslide\Shapedata\Book Of UUNP\ whichever armour you are editing directory, if you look there you will find the .nif files at least for the body and possibly the boots, edit those nifs to what you want, then batch build to a working directory, then check to make sure that the new nifs are the ones you are wanting, if they are zip the meshes directory you created in the working directory and add that as a new mod in mo, make sure it is below any other meshes so that it is in effect conflicting with any other book of uunp meshes.

Your preset should either be in the overwrite folder or if you batch built at any point it will be wherever you batch built to.

If however you do not change your body type that often, then batch build all of the book of uunp armours to a working directory, zip that up and add it as an new mod pretty much at the bottom of your left pane, and then edit those meshes which should then change to armours used by any npc being affected by the changes from the book of uunp.

Yeah, that pretty much exploded my brain right there. I'll take another look at it once the alcohol has left my blood and see if I can make it work.

No worries I was doing something similar to you and was left wondering why the hell the changes to the armour were not working, it took me ages, but when I found out what the problem was my first though was well duh. :s

No worries I was doing something similar to you and was left wondering why the hell the changes to the armour were not working, it took me ages, but when I found out what the problem was my first though was well duh. :s

I've tried a little already. The problem I'm encountering is that when I try to load or make a new project, or open an outfit document, whenever I go to Caliente tools / bodyslide / shapedata / Book of UUNP I get an error telling me that the folder is not available when I try to access any of the armor folders. I'm assuming I'm supposed to open these files some other way, as every previous error I've encountered on the subject of getting the adult mods to work has been due to my own limited knowledge of how the files and programs worked rather than actual software or hardware errors.

I've tried a little already. The problem I'm encountering is that when I try to load or make a new project, or open an outfit document, whenever I go to Caliente tools / bodyslide / shapedata / Book of UUNP I get an error telling me that the folder is not available when I try to access any of the armor folders. I'm assuming I'm supposed to open these files some other way, as every previous error I've encountered on the subject of getting the adult mods to work has been due to my own limited knowledge of how the files and programs worked rather than actual software or hardware errors.

Hmm, thats new to me, I just tried on my copy and it will allow me to open the directory but the files it wants are not there, try checking here instead, CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderSets

That might be what you want, I though you were using nifskope to edit the nif for the armour, I am guessing what you are doing is creating zap or editing them in outfit studio.

Hmm, thats new to me, I just tried on my copy and it will allow me to open the directory but the files it wants are not there, try checking here instead, CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderSets

That might be what you want, I though you were using nifskope to edit the nif for the armour, I am guessing what you are doing is creating zap or editing them in outfit studio.

Only thing I can find in Slidersets is another folder called 'DDX_Heretical' which I get the same error when I try accessing :/

I'm on the verge of giving up here. Though, isn't it technically possible to use the Fortify Alchemy x Fortify Enchanting loop to make a Fortify Smithing potion strong enough to improve a low level armor into something comparable to endgame level armor? I'm not really that much of a fan of the late game designs of Book of UUNP, so I'd like to keep the look of the early armors.

Many games nowadays have an overlay armor slot (or a 'vanity' slot) that lets an armor's visuals overwrite the visuals of the armor currently worn. I've been looking around to see if Skyrim has any similar mods, but have yet to be successful. Something like that would solve all of my problems right now.

Many games nowadays have an overlay armor slot (or a 'vanity' slot) that lets an armor's visuals overwrite the visuals of the armor currently worn. I've been looking around to see if Skyrim has any similar mods, but have yet to be successful. Something like that would solve all of my problems right now.

171009035044293629.jpg

that npc got an armor with sbp 49

it didn't unequip thieve armor

armor addon have sbp 32 priority 50 (33/37 too for some)

171009035040885636.jpg

that take care of the nude npc problem if you delete some of those armors later

they still have their thieve armor, farm clothe or whatever, doesn't matter if game can no longer find the armor

same for my char, bodychange armor addon have sbp 32,33,37

171009035048557759.jpg

i am in dragonbone armor here

only have dragonbone and nightingale in my inventory, outfits it's a ring

171009035052842526.jpg

Every time I switch from my original slot to a custom slot, my character's skin turns purple, and the armor does not change even though I have set a different armor for that custom slot.

PS: Again, sorry for double posting, but I don't think that people whose posts I quote receive a notification if I edit the post.

What's the name of this mod, and is it compatible with BookofUUNP?

EDIT: Bodyshape, I found it. Will try it out. Thanks :)

and why did you install bodychange to get armor x to take priority over whatever is equipped?

bodychange it's to... change bodies

you got purple textures because you failed to read the readme

if you switch to bodychange x, and there's nothing in bodychange x, you switch to nothing

the sbp x of the armor, it's to unequip elven glove when you equip iron glove (in inventory)

it's the sbp x of the armor addon to unload elven glove mesh when you load iron glove meshe (if you equip both in inventory by giving another sbp to the armor)

just compare your mess to what there is in skyrim esm when something don't work...

Archived