Sinking Bodies

Description

I found it really annoying that bodies would float upon hitting ankle high water.

Corpses don't usually float like balloons unless they're bloated from decay or if they've entered the water in a way where their lungs don't fill up with water [entering the water face-down].

As a result, I've gone in and rescaled some of the buoyancies to make it seem more (IMO) realistic.

Bodies now hit the water, retain some part of the velocity, and slowly sink into the water.

Rescaled Buoyancies:

Small Humanoids: -0.10 from 1.0

Medium Humanoids: -0.15 from 1.0

Large Humanoids: -0.20 from 1.0

Known Issues:

The mod Clean Waters has major issues rendering the death cam under water. This isn't an issue with Sinking Bodies, but it's going to really make that issue stand out. Your camera will freeze and stop rendering completely, though the game menus will remain responsive.

I've attached the .esp here, though you can also check out the page on the Nexus and download it from there.

Aside:

If there's enough demand, I can also rescale the buoyancies of Synths and monsters; I've specifically targeted fleshy humanoids first.

Let me know if there's any questions, comments, or concerns.

Thanks, I hope you enjoy this mod.

Sinking Humanoid Bodies-27140-1-0.7z

Archived