[Request][Question] Marriageable feral wolf follower?

Hi guys :)

I'm not quite sure how to start this in a way that doesn't sound way too weird, so I guess I'll go straight to the point.

I want to create a follower (not an animal companion) that is a wolf (or fox or basically any other animal, atm I want a wolf) capable of talking and that I can marry.

I even made a little background, she'd be a female warrior who was cursed and permanently turned into a wolf, while her appearance changed, she is still intelligent and capable of speech.

I wanted to create a mod for the game that is like this:

We hear a rumor saying a strange talking wolf was captured somewhere by criminals, bandits or hunters and this start a quest in which the Dragonborn curious about it and we go check it out, once there, we learn the truth from her and proceed to kill her captors and release her, she'll be grateful to us and offers to join us as a follower, should we decline she'll just move to live around somewhere safe (my preference: live in Riverwood) and we can always go there to recruit her.

After saving her i'd also want her to be a marriageable option (don't ask why, really XD) and so she could move to live with me and etc, like any normal marriageable character.

My question is: is such a thing possible? I don't really want to use any custom assets, like custom skins voices etc, for me text-only speech is fine and the regular wolf skin is also just fine (i'd love if she could have the standard spouse voice lines though).

Is there anywhere I can find a tutorial for such a thing? I've never really used the Creation Kit before and the tutorials for followers I found don't seem to be enough to help me create this little quest/follower mod thing I want.

I am not really asking any modder to create this for me, but if anyone is willing, that wouldn't hurt too haha

Thanks in advance :)

I can't be of any help but I think this is a lovely idea, the transformation romance brings to mind the good movie Ladyhawke.  I'm interested in how to mix follower dialog with feral creature followers too.  The sabercat follower mod Tanback joins dialog subtitles to his growls, that's cool right?

Great goals, please update us as you progress, and I hope someone more experienced will tell you how.

I can't be of any help but I think this is a lovely idea, the transformation romance brings to mind the good movie Ladyhawke.  I'm interested in how to mix follower dialog with feral creature followers too.  The sabercat follower mod Tanback joins dialog subtitles to his growls, that's cool right?

Great goals, please update us as you progress, and I hope someone more experienced will tell you how.

I didn't knew Tanback, that's a pretty nice mod :o

As for my idea: I did try to follow a regular follower creation tutorial, but I gave up after a while, the CK seems a bit too complicated and it crashes far too often :/

At this point i'd be happy to make it without any quest, just have her available to recruit/marry in a forest near some town.

• 3 weeks later...

Dreadful. :< Sorry to hear that, you have a really cool idea.  If you find yourself motivated enough to start from the beginning again, I'm sure there have to be effective and fun tutorials uploaded here or there. 

And if anyone else knows of any guides please pop in and recommend them.

I know something much better, a small wolf which you find and rearing until it he really big.  ;)

This is cool, Winny, but I wouldn't say it's "better".  This, while snazzy, isn't much different from the way Untamed works.  It just has fewer features.  Ultimately, what OP was saying and what I think is the really interesting part of this suggestion, is a fully-fledged NPC follower with a rich backstory who happens to be in a wolf model.

If I knew anything about modding, I would create this so hard.  I mean, I can certainly write it, but most people would argue that's the "easy" part.  There's also the issue that if we wanted SexLab integration, there just aren't any animations for female wolves.  The NPC would also have to have their own unique model to avoid the creature framework giving her a penis. True Wolves would be an excellent place to start on that front.

I know something much better, a small wolf which you find and rearing until it he really big.  ;)

This is cool, Winny, but I wouldn't say it's "better".  This, while snazzy, isn't much different from the way Untamed works.  It just has fewer features.  Ultimately, what OP was saying and what I think is the really interesting part of this suggestion, is a fully-fledged NPC follower with a rich backstory who happens to be in a wolf model.

If I knew anything about modding, I would create this so hard.  I mean, I can certainly write it, but most people would argue that's the "easy" part.  There's also the issue that if we wanted SexLab integration, there just aren't any animations for female wolves.  The NPC would also have to have their own unique model to avoid the creature framework giving her a penis. True Wolves would be an excellent place to start on that front.

To be honest I would be quite happy with a simple version without the sexlab integration (at least for starters) xD

Archived