Mod Organizer

I've tried to use this program like 40times and I'm always confused on how it works, specifically when installing mods because they NEVER go to my  Data folder.

for example, I install NVAC and NVSR through MO but they aren't in my NVSE folder inside Data.

I really want to use MO because I hear nice things about it, but NMM just seems more user friendly

post-1283831-0-00411000-1506979806_thumb.png

post-1283831-0-86411500-1506979809_thumb.png

post-1283831-0-50855600-1506979813_thumb.png

Basically unzip the file nvse file somewhere then copy all four of the .dll and the nvse_loader.exe and paste them in the same directory as the falloutnv.exe file, those files do not go in the data directory.

You can have a read through this as well which may well help a bit with things http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas

My issue is that shouldn't MO put my files in my data folder

I shouldn't have to install a mod just to go somewhere else and drag it into my Data directory 

Basically unzip the file nvse file somewhere then copy all four of the .dll and the nvse_loader.exe and paste them in the same directory as the falloutnv.exe file, those files do not go in the data directory.

You can have a read through this as well which may well help a bit with things http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas

I shouldn't have to install a mod just to go somewhere else and drag it into my Data directory 

The answer is "NO, Mod Organizer should NOT put your files in your data folder".   That's precisely the reason why Mod Organizer is such a powerful and useful program and exactly what Mod Organizer does NOT do.

With a properly set up MO, your data folder contains almost no files.  All your mods  are stored in a separate folder controlled by MO.  When MO loads the game, it copies the mods activated in the current profile into a virtual Data folder.  That structure forms the basis of the power of MO.

Go to Youtube, search for Gopher's and GamerPoets' excellent explanations of how Mod Organizer works, how it should be installed, and how it should be used.  Their work may help you better understand the theory behind Mod Organizer and reinforce its power.

That is quite literally the opposite of the way mo works.

You need to do a shit ton of reading.

Yeah i didn't understand the whole "doesn't mess with your data folder" thing until now. 

Thanks for everyone who commented 

The answer is "NO, Mod Organizer should NOT put your files in your data folder".   That's precisely the reason why Mod Organizer is such a powerful and useful program and exactly what Mod Organizer does NOT do.

With a properly set up MO, your data folder contains almost no files.  All your mods  are stored in a separate folder controlled by MO.  When MO loads the game, it copies the mods activated in the current profile into a virtual Data folder.  That structure forms the basis of the power of MO.

Go to Youtube, search for Gopher's and GamerPoets' excellent explanations of how Mod Organizer works, how it should be installed, and how it should be used.  Their work may help you better understand the theory behind Mod Organizer and reinforce its power.

Yeah waching GamerPoet actually helped me understand MO a biit more!

Archived