Animators Input on Object Mod WIP

As the title implies, I am looking for input from animators for current (and future) Object WIPs.

So far, this has worked extremely well for my previous object mod (thank you again R-Lo) and now I am hoping for more input from more animators during the creation process for other projects.

The current WIP is a sex swing: post-1351624-0-25060600-1506862419_thumb.png

Currently the "basket" is not connected to the frame because I don't know from an animator's standpoint what would be more versatile for animations.

Current possible configurations include:

post-1351624-0-97925100-1506862896_thumb.jpg and post-1351624-0-49116300-1506862965_thumb.jpg

This is the first time I saw that sex object.

As in it actually existing altogether or just for the game?

If you mean the latter, that is because I am building it from scratch. I believe one was made for Sims 2 from the in-game swing set but I haven't seen one from Sim 3. I want it to look more like the ones that actually exist rather than re-purposing a playground outdoors swing-set but I also want animators opinions to make it easier to animate.

This is the first time I saw that sex object.

As in it actually existing altogether or just for the game?

If you mean the latter, that is because I am building it from scratch. I believe one was made for Sims 2 from the in-game swing set but I haven't seen one from Sim 3. I want it to look more like the ones that actually exist rather than re-purposing a playground outdoors swing-set but I also want animators opinions to make it easier to animate.

I don't remember if there is a swing in game that can fit a teen+ , but if there is, It would be a good idea to adjust your swing on it's rig, so that the swing can be animated. It is going to be a bit tricky though.

In any case, what you can do, is import a female and a male sim and try to pose them on the swing, so you can see how the swing should be adjusted. So  it will not be too low or too high.

If for example the male is supposed to be standing, the when the female sits on the swing, her pelvis must be a bit lower than the male pelvis when he is standing, so we can make his hip moving back and forth, whitout streching hie legs to the maximum.

I don't remember if there is a swing in game that can fit a teen+ , but if there is, It would be a good idea to adjust your swing on it's rig, so that the swing can be animated. It is going to be a bit tricky though.

In any case, what you can do, is import a female and a male sim and try to pose them on the swing, so you can see how the swing should be adjusted. So  it will not be too low or too high.

If for example the male is supposed to be standing, the when the female sits on the swing, her pelvis must be a bit lower than the male pelvis when he is standing, so we can make his hip moving back and forth, without stretching hie legs to the maximum.

There isn't a Maxis made swing set for Sims 4 but there are a couple of CC ones that do fit teen+ but most of them are positioned low like a house chair or a sofa. I was considering converting Maxis made sings from sims 2 to see if that was something I could work with but it did not come out so well from me so I scrapped it in favor of building from scratch.

For what I have now, to position the basket, I've used a couple of bar-stool height couple poses to get positioning in the ballpark.

post-1351624-0-56209300-1507160513_thumb.png

post-1351624-0-38027400-1507160540_thumb.png

I suppose I could existing bar-stool animations and see how those would look and attempt to position accordingly.

Archived