darkconsole

374 members have voted

1. 1. sse or not to sse

• go oldrim
    • go newrim
    • neither of those are fallout 4

I'm waiting on a few things:

• a stable version of SKSE64
  • various mods that relied on SKSE plugins to be ported (RaceMenu, HDT, Bug Fixes...)
  • a functional version of MO2 or something similar; from what I've heard, Tannin left MO2 in a fairly buggy state with several ways to crash it

EDIT: just thought of another one: a mod to fix how the hotkeys for the quest journal and system menu open whatever part of those menus was most recently opened rather than their respective menus.

Change the sprint key to "Q" in SKLE. If the sprint key is what makes you like SE more, I'm disappoint.

My opinion is wait till SKSE64 gets better and go with SKSE. Better than half ass it and update stuff or even rewrite stuff when SKSE64 gets new features.

I for one won't play SKSE for a loooong time but also I don't stay in the way of progress, if modders want to go with SKSE I'll never tell them to stay with the old game cause, ...progress.

Imh. not really related to the topic, SKLE has enough mods already but I don't see a good future for SKSE with how this CC shit is going.

In several weeks things can be different than now. 

The upcoming Windows 10 update should fix the memory related crashes Oldrim has. Those are the biggest problem related to the feeling people have about the game been not stable.

Also the CC for SSE is coming this week and we need to wait and see if it is really "ignorable" as some people seem to think. Bethesda is fixing some aspects of the way the implemented CC in FO4 initially, but we still don't know if there will not be mod breaking updates every month. 

The upcoming Windows 10 update should fix the memory related crashes Oldrim has. Those are the biggest problem related to the feeling people have about the game been not stable.

your other post about that is from may, and you are still waiting for that update?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/78934-microsoft-is-fixing-skyrims-crashes-the-memory-problem-with-windows10-and-dx9/

some didn't bother with win10 and they still crash, so whatever that update is supposed to do, that won't make ctd disappear from the technical section

your other post about that is from may, and you are still waiting for that update?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/78934-microsoft-is-fixing-skyrims-crashes-the-memory-problem-with-windows10-and-dx9/

some didn't bother with win10 and they still crash, so whatever that update is supposed to do, that won't make ctd disappear from the technical section

It was always expected that the fix will be released in the autumn. It is available now in the insider builds, the official release is "October 2017". 

I never said this is the only reason for crashes, but after reading so many "Help, CTD" threads I do believe it is the most often occurring one.

Also from my own experience - for 500 hours in the game since I started using ENB Boost I have 2 unexplained crashes. Before that I was spending days and days rearranging and reinstalling mods trying to stop the crashes. When the MS guy promised it will be fixed I was so happy I gifted him Reddit gold :-)

And also that fix isn't gonna effect everyones game unless they have the proper video card, if you have a 3gb video card then its not gonna effect anyone. Its not a magical fix.

re: people concerned about racemenu.

remember expired did racemenu.

i heard expired is like the only one working on skse. so i assume we're gonna be safe.

if he's lurking and im wrong im sorry. but thats the rumor.

Change the sprint key to "Q" in SKLE. 

gamepad for lyfe.

if you've ever wondered why display model's controls are so weird, now you know why. XD

i don't even know what skyrims default keys are.

tumblr_inline_oca7nf3lBc1r6qwqv_1280.jpg

re: people concerned about racemenu.

remember expired did racemenu.

i heard expired is like the only one working on skse. so i assume we're gonna be safe.

if he's lurking and im wrong im sorry. but thats the rumor.

Change the sprint key to "Q" in SKLE. 

gamepad for lyfe.

if you've ever wondered why display model's controls are so weird, now you know why. XD

Left bumper then. As strange as it sounds I play FONV with controller. I'd play Skyrim too if not for all the mods that add a lot of custom keys to set, literally all my keyboard buttons are in use for skyrim.

Old has everything I like right now.

When new gets Sexlab (full, not the lite version already available) then I fully intend to switch simply for the increased stability. If the author of a mod I like to use hasn't ported and is unlikely to return and port it then it's likely I'll port it for myself unless I decide I can actually live without it after all.

Option 4: both SOG and SSE.

You could use SOG for a total kinkfest with Devious Devices, Cursed Loot and all the rest of the non-immersive mods

And SSE for a total immersion, with Frostfall, Campfire, Prison Ovehaul (if its been ported) and so on.

Sure, for just playing, but the thread/poll is about if Darkconsole should concentrate on modding for Oldrim or SSE because he isn't going to do both.

Option 4: both SOG and SSE.

You could use SOG for a total kinkfest with Devious Devices, Cursed Loot and all the rest of the non-immersive mods

And SSE for a total immersion, with Frostfall, Campfire, Prison Ovehaul (if its been ported) and so on.

Sure, for just playing, but the thread/poll is about if Darkconsole should concentrate on modding for Oldrim or SSE because he isn't going to do both.

Ah, thanks. Just getting over a bad cold and am not yet at my best :(

I gave SSE a try shortly after its release, once I saw that a few of the mods I rely on had been ported. It is a significant improvement. I have seen SexLab Light SE released now. These are the things that I am looking to see happen before I move to SSE as my Go To game, rather than SOG.

So, go with SSE.

(adds his vote)

Hmm... i guess it's not the most helpful post since i really don't know, but i've decided to let you know anyways. ;)

Why i didn't even try SSE yet is the lack of Devious Devices and that MO2 sucks from what i've heard. Once i try it i'll probably start missing racemenu, SkyUI and HDT. While i always assumed (or maybe just hoped) that all of those will be avaivable for SSE one day... i'm not sure at all about any of them.

To answer at least one of your questions: 

1. How butthurt would i'd be if you never newrim? Mildly. I'm 95% sure several of my favorite mods won't, so until the point of "i can't stand this anymore" i'll probably start Oldrim once in a while anyways even if all of the above get ported.

It might be nice to have a kinky mod on SSE that would possibly compensate the lack of others, though.

You know I really, really, really want to play Untamed 2...but if it is only gonna be available to SE then that's harsh...there are a lot of mods I will miss in old rim...having played modded skyrim close to 3 years now it's unnerving to play Vanilla skyrim even if it's stable...yes there are mods for SE but so far like people said before, as long as there isn't a stable SKSE in there it will still feel like Vanilla skyrim for me...

maybe I'll wait a year and see if most if not all the mods in my load order are available to NewMakeUp edition...

or you can just give us all the finger and drop skyrim permanently and focus on FO4 instead (which I don't play) fresh start, many horizons...Lol...

You know I really, really, really want to play Untamed 2...but if it is only gonna be available to SE then that's harsh...there are a lot of mods I will miss in old rim...having played modded skyrim close to 3 years now it's unnerving to play Vanilla skyrim even if it's stable...yes there are mods for SE but so far like people said before, as long as there isn't a stable SKSE in there it will still feel like Vanilla skyrim for me...

maybe I'll wait a year and see if most if not all the mods in my load order are available to NewMakeUp edition...

or you can just give us all the finger and drop skyrim permanently and focus on FO4 instead (which I don't play) fresh start, many horizons...Lol...

Goodness, UT2 is only for SSE? :'( I was looking forward to that as well. I'll give my vote of Oldrim here; while I do believe in progress, I don't hold out much hope honestly for SSE. I have it installed, but checking Steam stats, I've played SSE a whopping 36 mins! Like you, it just feels too much like vanilla Skyrim. The last time I played it (it must have only been once or twice) was 11/27/16!  Over TEN months since I've even looked at it.

That should pretty well sum up my vote...

someone's gotta start. i guess. what if the skse64 people give up because nobody is using it? all it takes for something to snowball is for someone to take interest. look at the american presidency for example. before trump basically nobody gave two shits about government and now everyone is a sjw.

You make a good point. Maybe I'll go change my vote there.

Be the crest on the wave!

Personally Oldrim for me is still the definite version of skyrim at least until SE gets everything or at least the basics that Oldrim has. 

The problem with me is that it took me so long to make a character I was happy with, mods that work together and a overall experience that I truly enjoy in skyrim.

For me its not only mods like Sexlab, Racemenu, SkyUi that make skyrim great, I have a lot of Japanese/Korean mods that aren't ported to SE and their mod authors have moved on from skyrim a long time ago.

If you wish to move on to SE again its your choice however I really do wish you still make mods for Oldrim as many such as myself await your new mods like Untamed 2, Soulgem Oven Milk harness etc.

Personally your mods are always part of my skyrim experience and I hope you continue to to support Oldrim.

Now for Fallout 4 I'd personally love to see a Untamed/Soul Gem Oven mod there.

I have not even installed SSE yet.  Too many of the mods I cannot play Skyrim without are not there as yet.  Also, as you mention MO2 is fukt.  Waiting on the Whirlwind to Vortex in but that is an unknown as Nexus is stonewalling any comment on release or progress.  Haven't modded FO4 yet either as I cannot stand NMM!

I think you should do what makes you happy (and means you continue modding! ) - I'm pretty sure I'll switch to SSE once everything (or almost everything at least) catches up, assuming it's before the next big thing! 

Thank you for your work.

I plan on moving over to SSE/FO4 once a working manager w/virtualization is released. So here's to 'volcano' being released with a bang. :D

The volcano is going to use the same pseudo-virtualization NMM now has - symlinks. Maybe later there will be other options added. 

Archived