View File

What about your dragonborn has vision problems? What if it has myopia?
Use this small mod and you will need to use your glasses when fighting dragons.

The mod was done for @Mortsllem.

(I will add a description of how to extend this mod for your own pleasure.)

This mod is 100% free, no copyrights, no need to give credits in case you re-post it, modify it, and so.
But do not make money from it. I will not appreciate that.

How the mod works and how you can extend it

The mod is very basic.

It has just 5 important objects:

• A quest "myopia"
  • A script attached to a Player Alias that does the trick "myopiaPlayerAlias"
  • An Armor "myopiaGlasses" with its Armor Addon
  • An ImageSpaceModifier "myopiaImageSpace"
  • A FormList "MyopiaGlassesList"

The script starts the quest after a random time of a few minutes.

After that, the ImageSpaceModifier is applied. The image space will blur and double the vision.

Just after a temporary objective is displayed to tell that you have myopia.

After a minute a real objective is displayed to find some glasses.
The glasses are put in 3 inns (Bannered Mare, Winking Skeever, Bee and Barb)

When the item is got (the glasses) the next stage is set and the previous objective is completed. How?
There is a function in the script for the event OnItemAdded()
Inside this function, it is checked if the quest is in the correct stage (if not nothing is done), and then it is checked if the item that is got is inside the FormList
In case the item is in the form list (that contains just the Glasses armor right now), the stage is increased and the new objective is displayed.

At this point every time the player will equip an item, it is checked if the item is in the form list.
In case it is, the ImageSpace is removed.

In case the actor removes an item and the item is in the form list (so they are glasses), the image space is re-applied.

To add new glasses just add them to the FormList (MyopiaGlassesList) and it will work as is. If you want to edit the quest objective targets, just replace the items in the aliases of the quest.

The glasses included with the mod are using the slot 55.

In case you have the mods ImoMegane or Dwemer Goggles & Scouter, then the glasses they add are automatically added to theFormList.

In version 1.1, if you are hit with a strong weapon (yeah, no daggers or arrows) or by a Fus-Ro-Dah spell, you have 5% probability to lose the glasses (they will fall on the ground.)
This can be disabled by using the console command: set MyopiaLoseGlassesOnHit to 0

In case you want to add other spells that may make you lose the glasses on hit, just add them to the FormList MyopiaForceSpellsList.

Can I add my dwemer-lore-friendly glasses to the mod?
yes, just add them to the FormList "MyopiaGlassesList" and they will work right away.

Can I add my super-strong-spell to lose the glasses?
yes, just add it to the FormList "MyopiaForceSpellsList" and they will work right away.

I don't want to lose the glasses in combat!
Use the console command and set the value of the GlobalVariable MyopiaLoseGlassesOnHit to 0

CPU

• Submitter
    CPU
  • Submitted
    09/29/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    Just Skyrim or SSE (compatible with both)
  • Special Edition Compatible

haha love the idea! Is there a keyword or something I could extend to other glasses I might want?

Check the spoiler  :P

You just need to add the glasses you want to the formlist.

Nice! I hope a similar mod is included in fallout 4 as well.

Technically it can be ported pretty much as is.

Just the NIF file has to be adapted a little. (but on FO4 there are standard Glasses, so it will be really easy to port it.)

Is there way to extend mod? Like to have some chance to brake gasses when hit xD

The mod is a very basic mod, and it can be extended (by other members) do something similar.

I can offer help about how to do it, but I am not going to extend this mod, that is supposed to be just an example to explain how to do it.

Is there way to extend mod? Like to have some chance to brake gasses when hit xD

The mod is a very basic mod, and it can be extended (by other members) do something similar.

I can offer help about how to do it, but I am not going to extend this mod, that is supposed to be just an example to explain how to do it.

Too late you made it now you have to support it forever!!! No Backsies!!!! 

j/k cool mod though biggrin.png

I'm just gonna move the glasses to the 42 slot and let Loot and degradation track them for breakage. 

Great idea, can you do a imomegane patch?

Do you port this to fo4 aswell?

There are full instructions on how to do it.

It is just to add the other glasses you want in a FormList.

About FO4, I do not have the game and the CK (never re-downloaded) so probably I will not do it.

But again, if somebody wants to do it, I can provide help.

About FO4, I do not have the game and the CK (never re-downloaded) so probably I will not do it.

Wait. Do you mean you don't own the game?

Maybe me and some folks around here willing to gift it to you

Wait. Do you mean you don't own the game?

Maybe me and some folks around here willing to gift it to you

I have it, it is just not installed.

stuff like this makes the game much more real...

of course not the glasses

-but without glasses in the past, people who could not see sharp anymore were terrible much hindered for life

-it could become on several npc and their behavor could be dependent of that (looking to wrong directions, not find their right ways, go more slowly...stay at home in the most raised stadium-when blind (eyes could be changing)

• 3 weeks later...