Game crashing on startup; just installed AW mods for first time

Lady_Celeste

I followed these pages and installed Passion mods, and the Amra72  and TheMaster animations. I've not yet installed Lady666 animations.

Passion: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/82485-passion-requires-patch-level-163/

Amra72: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36728-sims-3-sex-animations-for-animated-woohoo/page-1

TheMaster: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/41458-sims-3-the-masters-sex-animations-for-animated-woohoo-and-kinky-world/

L666: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46174-sims3wip-lady666s-sex-animations-for-animated-woohoo/

What have I done wrong?

(Edit: I just checked the error log and it says Access Violation. How do I fix that?)

(Edit2: Apparently it's linked to RAM usage. My comp only has 3GB of RAM, and it can run Sim 3 well enough. Do the new animations drastically increase RAM required? ANd is there something I can download which reduces the RAM needed to run the game, maybe by removing or downgrading visual aspects of it?)

[Packages attached below]

post-2284117-0-44507600-1506644721_thumb.jpg

Hello, Lady_Celeste,

last Saturday i was working to get rid of the many crashes i was facing when starting up TS3, and after some researching [ i ] came across this page.

i don't know if it might help you; the article claims there's a limit to the quantity of mods plus CC one should install in order to have Sims 3 running well — up to 100. it also states most CC may be combined into one larger CC (200 MB limit, according to EA, but one may go over that), and gives thorough information on how to do so.

you see: i have an iMac, and acquired its TS3 version up to the Diesel Stuff package (the game is patched to v.1.67.2.024017, for it's the one that works best on my system).
even though it's essentially the same game as Windows TS3, the Mac edition uses a "wrapper" named "Cider" that opens an app-configured Windows panel inside OS X. whilst it is supposed to work as "flawless" as the Windows game, the Mac's is much more unstable, hence prone to collapses.

when my game was crashing during start up, i had over 800 Mods and CC installed. i then read the above article, had a Windows XP installed as a second OS (using Oracle's VirtualBox as System Virtualization), downloaded the referred apps, combined (mostly the CC — did neither touch the core Mods nor the animations themselves) into bigger but fewer packages (total: 241), deleted and re-installed TS3 with the combined CC and Mods, and tried it on.

presto!!! it worked like a charm.

so far i've started it up ten or twelve times, and it runs really well. it still faces some "Error 12" issues; TS3 is a disk-memory eater and "Cider" doesn't handle it properly.

i hope this info may help you with your problem, and wish you the best.

E.

Hi, Not related to your issues, but just thought I'd drop this here....

I had the same problem, but with Sims3 crashing to "Sims 3 has stopped working..." message from Windows. I did some research and it seemed to be related to a failure of a Windows MSVRT.dll file. I followed guidance from around the internet, but it was still happening so I did a complete re-install of Sims 3, all my mods etc - still crashed. Then by chance I happened to spot what I knew to be a Sims 4 file in my Sims 3 Mods folder from the name/maker. As I looked I saw a few more Sims 4 files. I don't know how I did it, but I'd extracted some Sims4 animation mods into my Sims 3 folder. Grrrr!  Once I moved those out, everything worked fine. So if anyone else comes looking for a fix, try checking your Sims 3 v Sims 4  file types first :)

x

Archived