View File

Almost There .. Next version is last! maybe framework after!

This is a free software provided by me .. It does not contain any assets from other people products.All I ask is if you use it is to click on support Topic ( Top Right of File information table) and make a comment about your experience: report bugs,Issues,suggestions,rants All are welcome!
this is a beta release , I know it seems complete and it is completely functional and NOT a prove of concept any more ...
but the fact is I always add things to it and will be releasing major versions upgrade when needed ..
I do not anticipate loss of any data upn upgrade since almost all user interactions are saved in external text files ..
In fact most of the upgrades I have in minds has to do with automatimg those txt files reading and importing into Skyrim.
It is a very simple mod .. the esp file only has 2 records .. both quests ..that act as pointers to one papyrus script and its helper.
What this mod does ..
This mod does two jobs that are completely different :
Job 1: This mod creates and maintains records of all skyrim Actors Outfits .. It also provides A way to manipulate those outfits Individually after it backs up the original "default outfit " value for each Actor.
keyoutfitter create multiple Outfit settings for different situations .. It names those different outfit settings "Wardrobe Slots" , Preconfigured Samples of those are "Armor,Sleep , swim , city , Armor_Rip1 and Armor_rip2"
but users can create new outfit settings (Wardrobe Slots ) as needed.
keyoutfitter then Gives you 2 ways to implement those settings .. DRESS NPC WARDROBE SLOT means to apply what ever outfit in that ward robe slot to the target actor.
you can do this:

• -In MCM mod config menu
  • -Or you can set hot shortcut keys to apply saved wardrobe settings (outfits.).

Target Actors are selected based on who ever is in your cross hair if not whoever is selected in your console.

Job 2: This mod creates and maintains records of what is called custom outfits from items that are equiped by actors .. saves those "Custom outfits " to its database .. and then treats them as any default outfit native skyrim settings ...
meaning you can assign Custom Outfits to wardrobe slots just as easy as you would a mod included default outfit !
of course those can include multiple items (31 max) or just one item ( say a a wig!)
you can also .. apply those settting just as you would a regular outfit!

Included in this release ..
- All 500 + vanilla outfits of skyrim plus dlcs ( pointers only .. if you have remodeled outfits .. it will work flawlessly)
- just for example I added 4 custom outfits made from this mod .. they are all vanilla items but those text files is an example of what custom outfits would look like ..
mix.jpg

Highlights ...

• - In under 5 minutes .. you can save the following wardrobe slots outfits for your self and other characters : Armor,City,Swim,Sleep,Aromor_rip1,Aromor_rip2,Aromor_rip3,Wilderness,Camping,Sexy.
  • - just for example I added 4 custom outfits made from this mod .. they are all vanilla items but those text files is an example of what custom outfits would look like ..
  • - you can create new .. well every thing .. If you know how to use a txt editor you can just copy existing files and edit and save it a new and put a refrence to it in settings.json file!
  • or if you have the patience .. you can manually in mcm interface create new wardrobe slots, custom and regular outfit lists.
  • for the small price of one hot key ( to pause and Turn on the other Keyoutfitter hot keys ..) you will get ..
  • - Completley mimic break undies Weather it is the player or other characters .. while fighting you can switch outfits and equipped items by pressing one key at a time
  • you can also switch multiple character outfits by using one key then console ..choose another actor .. one key again.
  • - Same goes for sexlab !
  • - Swimming , city , armor etc each of those is assigned a wardrobe slot ( by you) and saved in individual character text fuiles( completely editable!), which means it is backable .. transferable ..etc
  • - There are no active scripts in this mod only mcm config script ..How ever .. Api layer for other mods to interact and use all this mod's outfits configuration is really easy to do ,examples .... marker to switch all actors outfits to "swim" when get within a certain distance from a pool marker, sleep near beds and so on.
  • - No performance loss the functions used ( setoutfit and equipitems ) are as native as you can get in skyrim!

this mod and all its files will never get to 2 MB in size no matter what you do :) it will never load to ram or Vram anything close to a 100 kb , it does not add any new layer to Skyrim engine that does not exist now with SKSE! raw file system access!

Important .. version 0.99 upgrade ..

move every thing in /skse/plugins/outfitter/customoufits .. to the appropriate directory under customoutfits .. It took A lot of work but now the custom outfits are in the catgeories that are the names of directories ... this way you do not lose your custom outfits created by earlier versions.you can also share your customoutfits with others just by uploading it and the receiver can just place it in the right directory!
Usefull information to know before you install this mod:
--------------
Newbies Version:

( You can pretty much google all those terms for more info.)
First some definitions .....
Skyrim Related Definitions.
Game Engine:
This is Skyrim basic game program.. It cannot be changed Nor do we want to change it!
Actors : these are individuals in skyrim that have their own set of variables one of them is the playeror pc (you) .. the rest are called "Non Player Characters" Or "NPCs" for short!
Native Variables: These are variables in game code that are changeable by mods in values only ... not in variables names or nature ot how
the game engine actually obtains their current values in different situations..
for example "Outfit" Is a native game engine variable and the game always excpects mods to change that variable "VALUE" for different actors (NPCs) by using a afunction code
Called ""setoutfit"!
Outfits: In skyrim "Outfit" Is an Actor (NPCs only.. not player) variable .. But guess what .. it works anyways.
-It is Assigned in most fundamental NPC's Records at the time of creation ..
-It could include many different items to be equipped on the character Avatar in game in what is called "body slots" And as such it must include records of those items to be equpied..
-These items might be armors , devices , shields or any equipable weapon !
-The value of the variable outfit gets read and assigned every single time a new cell is loaded.. Opening doors and teleporting are such occasion when cells are loaded.
-The outfit variable is not inventory dependent at all .. A NPC with no items in inventory would still be clothed in its "outfit record variable" regardless of that NPC inventory items every time you relad a cell!
-The only way to override that variable in game is by "equipping" a different or multiple different items in the same "body slots" that the "outfit" variable loads!
-As far as I can tell ..OUTFIT is the most messed around with variable by mods in the game .. unless u are running a completely vanilla game .. Chances are your followers or civilwar or other mods are changing a lot of default outfits of certain NPC"S in certain situations!
Body Slots :
these are different positions by which skyrim labels a certain "armor" location on the body .. Like head hands chest torso .. etc
- These slots are numbered and are between 1-61
- for non-weapons equipped armor .. They are all located between "Body Slots 30 -61"
OutfitterKey related definition ...
DB (DATABASE) : we are referring to jcontaner micro text file database system... it is what made this mod possible .. Otherwise the idea of maintaining and handling and editing all those records in game would have been too much load to handle even on the highest end computers.
- the nature of that DB allows to basically maintain a zip file with all your data .. Just zip the SKSE\plugin\outfitter directory and all its included files you will always have the records of all your custom created outfits and NCP’s individual settings.. COMPLETE BACKUP!
CustomOutfit: The most important info to know .. these are not "outfits" they are not persistent ( reloaded on changing cells ) !
- A custom outfit is a body slot mapped collection of equipabe Armors and devices between body slots 30-61 …
- It could be “dressed” or “Applied” to an NPC with a click of a keyboard button or in mod config menu.
- It could also be converted to an OUTFIT ( persistant) with very basic programming. google skyrim OTFT records tes5edit!
- There is no reason why a custom outfit should not be a single item! For example a “WIG”

Technical stuff..

Well ... it kinds of give you a no script no load no mess up way to control what actors are wearing in any given cell in any given time ...jcontainers and papiurus utiliies together provide basically the same programing platform that all databased driven web sites use ...that means that some one with some knowledge in database and active code programming can pretty much do anything using that!
it creates database entries for each outfit and for each custome outfit ( collection of items in body slots) and each npc in game ( including followers and player pc) so basically once you configure this mod for say .. delphine .. there will be a file created called delphine.json in "/skse/plugins/outfitter/npcs/" for as long as this file exists .. and it contains pre set wardobe selections for delphine ..armor,swim ,etc...
you dress delphine in those wardobe choices using MCM or a HOT key or even pulled by another mod through API layer.
this mod and all its files will never get to 2 MB in size no matter what you do :) it will never load to ram or Vram anything close to a 100 kb , it does not add any new layer to Skyrim engine that does not exist now with SKSE! raw file system access!

MIX2.jpg

Examples, addons :
Gwelda Armor pack: A good Armor mod that does not include "OTFT" records how do I make it perminanty the default outfit for my follower? meaning on teleport and relad saves no matter what she last eqipped she would be in that armor ?

58873-4-1412838691.jpg

I Just uploaded a file now called GweldaarmorPackoutfitter.rar

there is a nice mod called Gwelda Armor pack If you download it and activate it ..
1- unrar this rar file That I have included my download section in your skyrim directory ..( maintain directory structure as in the rar file) it will over ride the the mod .esp file .. let it .. this mod did not include OUTFITS record only items (armor) so I created the required 3 "OTFT" records and saved the Esp. and included it in this rar file.

2-I also included the OUTFITLIST file that the outfitter looks for after you do the last step ...
open MCM go to outfitter/outfit management/ top section outfitlist select drop down menu .. choose the first "~empty~ record in the menu .. it should be below hearthfires ..
a new section in mcm will open asking you for a name for that new outfit list you are creating ..
enter this exactly : GweldaArmorPack (without.esp)
and click on create new outfit list.
you are done .!

this step 2 could have been avoided if you open note pad and replace the first available ~empty~ under
},
"ListOTFTs" :
{
"Names" :
[

in file skyrim/data/skse/plugins/outfitter/settings.json!

in addition to the 500 plus outfits from vaila skyrim you now have 3 gwelda outfits that you can ssign as perminant persistand default outfit for any character in your game!

Changelog

• VERSION 0.99
  • Technically .. A lot of changes most noted is that equipping custom outfits now is done with UNEQUIPABLE FLAG meaning they will be perminant . untill someone " probably you " unequip each and every item manually .. any other mods changing " default outfit value will not affect them .. also we now remove the items of conflicting body slots of the target actor inventory .. in order to avoid actors being over incumbored!
  • Also .. custom lists are now categorized ( it was getting to be a loooong menu . ) for now I created those categories ... / bext version I ll let you loose adding what ever categories you need. ( "general",
  • "hair",
  • "Underwear",
  • "sleep",
  • "player",
  • "modern",
  • "Jewelery",
  • "hair",
  • "fulloutfits",
  • "Bathingsuits",
  • "Actors",
  • "Accessories")
  • - Added multiple keys static and dynamic ...
  • - we now have 4 static keys ( pause, restore vanila default outfit for target Actor , Strip all equipped items , and reload json files from your HD" regenrate indexes for database .. lose the deleted outfits and add new added files to the directories envolved!)
  • - on top of that we have 8 dunamic ( programable ) keys ..each can have an "Action mode choice " of 5 possibilities.
  • key action mode 1 :- Apply wardrobe saved outfits ( what ever outfit skyrim or custom outfits saved in actor's wardrobe ( armor , sleep , swim , armor_ripped1 ..etc) will be equipped for target actor.) you just have to select the wardrobe slot in MCM key config section .. so you could have 8 keys to equip 8 different slots for each actor including yourself!
  • key action mode 2 : apply skyrim outfit .. preselect a skyrim (vanila or mod based ) outfit for each key to be applied on target.!
  • key action mode 3 :Apply custom outfit .. same as above but with custom outfits ( pre saved equipped items ):
  • key action mode 4: Strip one body slot "eg. a wig or helmet .... or say a sheild .. all body slots are avaiable to choose from for each key!
  • key action mode 5: Save target equipped items to a custom outfit list .. I know how lazy can you get right? you have to pre program the key for a name for that list and a catgeory ..

version 0.98 :
- removed hotkey settings from config file and moved it to its own separate file this way you can save you favorite keyboard map regardlress of version.
- removed Custome outfits index from settings file so this way we generate it from file system by reading the directory whenever you want or if you delete the index file ( on purpose)
this will also makes sharing of those files and backing them up a no effort operation.
- on going for a more user friendly MCM interface .. now Target actor screen .... outfit configuration have both regular and custom outfits selections available for selected wardrobe slot.
- Added a couple of Static hot keys ( reload files and resotre original outfit and strip actor) and renumbered the programmable hot keys 1-4 .. ( in anticipation of increasing those numbers )
-House keeping :General code regrouping and layout ( Yes , it is a thing) debug system centralised, cleaned the esp file .
version 0.97 intitial release candidate.
KEY1.jpg

-Notes, Tips and Tricks:

• MO users : Pay attention to new files in overwrite directory .. If you see a SKSE directory there it is probably outfitter created customs or generated index files and that entire /skse/plugins/outfitter directory needs to be dropped in outfitter mod directory. failutre to do so would make it possible to lose later on if you put it somewhere else and disable itby mistake!
  • - I can think of no reason this won't work fine on skyrim SE :) just no time to bother testing , naaah SE does not have Skse yet .. forget it..
  • - Targeting actors in MCM Menu start and in hot keys is done every time on PRIORITY bases ..
  • first whoever is in your cross hair target will be chosen ... if there is no ACTOR there then we will take who ever is chosen in console
  • - to choose an Actor in console .. hit"~" on your keyboard and click on an NPC (ACTOR) make sure you see that person ID then hit "`" again .. done!
  • - Every time you delete a *DB.json file you are forcing Keyoutfitter to recreate that file index .. like custom outfits and hotkeysconfigs(next version also regular outfits) . which is a good way to get rid of refrences to old custom outfits that you deleted the files for anyways.deleting your wardrobedb.json file will remove all existing wardrobe names .. you will need to re do it in mcm interface.. ( or God forbid you do it with a notepad manually :)). THE RELOAD FILES hot key only adds new files you dropped into the outfiter directory .. it does not remove non existant ones from database. to do that remove /ske/plugins/outfiiter/CustomoutfitsDB.json file for custom outfits or /ske/plugins/outfiiter/ListOTFTSConfigfile.json for regular outfits .. this will force the mod to regenerate indexes next time you open the MCM interface.
  • - I included delphine and ognar npc wardrobe files as an example so these 2 (in giants inn) are ready for hot keys as soon as you install this 98 beta version.
  • - If you run into trouble assigning a " custom outfit" to a wardrobe slot ... try assigning a regular outfit to that wardrobe slot first then changing it to a custom outfit!
  • - When mcm IS ACTING FUNNY .. MAYBE UPON VERSION UPGRADE OR SUCH .. sexlab rebuild and clean system functions can save you time and refresh the MCM faster than waiting. :)!

What is next:

Help is appreciated and needed .. if you are welling to do as as little as writing a few text lines to explain the MCM interface to new users, or as much as creating some programming snipitts to help me I will intergrate it as soon as possible ..
I could tell you what I think is needed but I will wait untill somebody offers

• - The hot keys are the main feature and there is enough control right now to program each key to function as a pre loader from a selectable wardrobe slot , How ever I plan to add grouping mode where one key can cycle between wardrobe slots
  • - Hot keys will also have a second new mode to equip separate wardrobe slots from "Templates" like say whiterun guards .. Instead of setting wardrobe for each guard We could have the keys look up a differnt database for a template whiterun guard ...
  • in this version or next .. it could be done using Custom outfits .. but it is not perminant that way .. so I just need to add some code to implement the Template option in hot key!
  • This will make it reall easy to recreate Skyrim world if you want to ...every time you hotkey an npc it will always have the new outfit !
  • without active scripts or creation kit editing!
  • - Markers Markers Markers .. I am too lazy to click a key to equip a swimming outfit :) there used to be a mod that does this with active scripts but it ran into the combatibility issues with all other active scripts mods !
  • - Add interface in MCM to point and click individual json files !Starting with customoutfit files.
  • - plugings ... bathing in skyrim is an example ( have the target actor take a bath) and ride sharing ( get on horse with you ) stuff like that.

Credits and thanks :
there is just no way I will cover all due ..
but concerning the developement of this mod the manipulator author ffabris was vital because that is where I got the whole outfit assignment based on a text based database concept from ..

... and every modder that tried a good solution for outfits and only failed because of active scripts incombatibility with followers mods and such .. was a a step closer to get this.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/28/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    sexlab framework includes all necessary files
  • Special Edition Compatible

Edited by CPU

If you can add things from mods ??? I can think of 3 ways to add things from mods :)

1- edit a simple .json txt file using any text editor ( notepad)

2- in the mcm inteface all you need is to add the mod name and the OTFT record id number ( without the leftest 2 digits)

so you are going  have to open that mod in tes5 editor or creation kit or wrye bash to get that ID record of outfit 

3- just equip every thing you need regardless where it came from :) and create a custom outfit ( mcm/target worn outfit -- create :)

At this point, option #3 looks the best way at the moment. I'm thinking of setting up outfits for town, travel, dungeoneering for my character

easy yes .. but not persistant :)     unless you are talking about you.. not others...

for player this is perfect .. but for other npc's custom outfits weill probably need to be reloaded with hot keys when y change cells or reload  old saves .. especially if they are customized followers.

for this  it might be worth the effort to make your own outfit records later on.

but for break undiesd and sexlab yeah that is the way ..

Initially, for my character.

Later on, for NPCs. I've never really found a vanilla NPC outfit replacement that I truly liked. This mod of yours looks like an answer to that.

I always thought the farm girls should wear shorter skirts :D

Having taken a quick look, I'm not all that confident of editing any .json files.

At this point.

Once I understand a bit more, I'll get it figured out. :)

Its how I learn stuff :P

Initially, for my character.

Later on, for NPCs. I've never really found a vanilla NPC outfit replacement that I truly liked. This mod of yours looks like an answer to that.

I always thought the farm girls should wear shorter skirts :D

Having taken a quick look, I'm not all that confident of editing any .json files.

At this point.

Once I understand a bit more, I'll get it figured out. :)

Its how I learn stuff :P

Nothin wrong with that :)

Minor problem... Mod organizer wont open .rar files, it only opens .zip files.

I wasn't aware of this myself, as I think your mod must be the only .rar file I've downloaded. I had to do an internet search to confirm this, as its the first time its happened to me.

It's easy for me to change, I've just got to find my WinRar program. Unzip the files and recompile them into a WinZip file.

I was checking my mod downloads, and they all seem to be in a .zip format. Nexus Mod Manager, has no problem with .rar files. Just Mod organizer...

I've never had a problem with MO and .rar files that I recall

*does a quick check*

Its not the extension but the file itself. I successfully opened and unpacked two other .rar files with no issue. But, when I went to check Outfitter, MO reported that it cannot handle that format.

I recommend installing 7zip (if you haven't already) and pack files using the .7z format.

Minor problem... Mod organizer wont open .rar files, it only opens .zip files.

I wasn't aware of this myself, as I think your mod must be the only .rar file I've downloaded. I had to do an internet search to confirm this, as its the first time its happened to me.

It's easy for me to change, I've just got to find my WinRar program. Unzip the files and recompile them into a WinZip file.

I was checking my mod downloads, and they all seem to be in a .zip format. Nexus Mod Manager, has no problem with .rar files. Just Mod organizer...

Thx for letting me know .. updated to .7z format .. MO loves it :)

Just tells me that I need PapyrusUtil 3.3 and it won't work.

Suffice to say that i have that.

Edit: Never mind, for some reason it worked on the 4th boot.

yeah I removed that message :)  pap is included in sexlabs so technically keyoutfitter  does need it but you have it :)

the same goes for skse and jcontainers you need both .. but you have them :) if someone on nexus ( if  I ever post this there) Asks for requirments I 'll send them to sexlab page :)

Really neat idea! Useful too!

How does it interact with mods which already manage follower outfits, like iAFT?

It does not :)  there is absolutely no active scripts at all here.

This mod esp file has 2 records of quests.  that is it.

those quests record are just pointers to 2 papyrus script .

that script is an MCM interface config script!

the rest of the mod are some .json txt files  that constitue the databases!

once this mod changes a followers outfit .. it does it  byone of  2 ways :

-setoutfit ( for completely native records (otfts)  this method is perminant since it sets you choice to be the "default outfit" for that follower ... skyrim engine saves that choice in the save and overrides what ever .esm or .esp  file that created that follower.  AFT and others use that same function. but they also be disabled for each follower they handle! and even if someof them mess up ... you eally do not care about changing it back again because with ahot key it is easy and in most cases perminant change is really not needed ( like in sexlab and break undies and swim and sleep situations)

- second method is by individually equipping each item that is a part of a ("custom outfit") and those are ment to be for the situation only and once they are equipped they will easily be unequipped by other mods that have same slots marked for other uses later on reload cell or whatever .. like we said we r mostly intersted in a situatrioal change not perminant one ..!

p.s. when I say it gets written to the save only as a very tine "default otft" reconrd .. you can write those for the entire cast of skyrim with no save bload or problems .. no scripts savedno  new variables .. these are ready native variables overrides :)

At this point, option #3 looks the best way at the moment. I'm thinking of setting up outfits for town, travel, dungeoneering for my character

I'm going to try this too but have you looked at suitup by utopium?  That lets you define different outfits for different location type, weather, combat/not in combat etc.

I'm going to try this too but have you looked at suitup by utopium?  That lets you define different outfits for different location type, weather, combat/not in combat etc.

YES so does vilja . followers control mods .. all by active scripts ...  A comletely nice idea but not doable with this skyrim  game engine without drawbacks on load and environment. this is different.!

Maybe you could consider adding these:

I tried different clothes management mod, none of them really could do a simple thing like some Japanese Hentai game, that is: After you finish dressing up your character or a npc(using outfit pieces from different mods), using a hotkey or mcm menu target that character, read and save the outfit record , using that record to create a new outfit list, save it to extended files(your mod already has that part covered), to apply that to a different npc or in a different save or even share with people.

I don't know if it's possible on the tech level, just my thought because this mod is the closest thing I could find.

I tried different clothes management mod, none of them really could do a simple thing like some Japanese Hentai game, that is: After you finish dressing up your character or a npc(using outfit pieces from different mods), using a hotkey or mcm menu target that character, read and save the outfit record , using that record to create a new outfit list, save it to extended files(your mod already has that part covered), to apply that to a different npc or in a different save or even share with people.

I don't know if it's possible on the tech level, just my thought because this mod is the closest thing I could find.

WELL I KIND OF AGREE THAT THE MENUS IN MCM ARE VERY VAGUE AND NOT DETAILED ENOUGH BUT WHAT YOU SAID IS REALLY EXATLY WHAT THIS MOD CALLS " CUSTOM OUTFITS"   .. THIS IS THE ONLY RIGHT WAY TO USE THISMOD WITH THE PLAYER CHARCTER SINCE SETOUTFIT CALL IS NOT PLAYER SPECIFIC AT ALL .  IT WILL

HOPEFULLY BECOME CLEARER WHEN NEXT VERSION IS FINISHED SINCE IT WILL HAVE "TEMPLATES OPTIONS"

this is to differentiate it from the way skyrim engines usually assigns outfits to npcs ...   and the way every follower or home mod that controlls equiping and unequiping items does it ...

you see "outfit " in skyrim does not mean a collection of items .. it means an actor variable... 2 of them actually .. default outfit and sleep outfit .. these are the 500 + records i preprogrammed in the mod. every mod  in last 5 years that had someting to do with dressing actors used that variable via a function called "setoutfit"

keyoutfitter does that for all skyrim and non skurim mods ouitfits.. as long as you provide the moded outfit record like I put in Gwilda example.

what you mentioned about reading equiped items and saving  it and re applying it is what my mod calls "custom outfits.

Nex version shoould have a separate page in mcm for custom outfits management and for converting those to templates to distribute among other actors as well.

like I mentioned  I need help even at the level of creating help files or msgs for users in mcm :)

WELL I KIND OF AGREE THAT THE MENUS IN MCM ARE VERY VAGUE AND NOT DETAILED ENOUGH BUT WHAT YOU SAID IS REALLY EXATLY WHAT THIS MOD CALLS " CUSTOM OUTFITS"   .. THIS IS THE ONLY RIGHT WAY TO USE THISMOD WITH THE PLAYER CHARCTER SINCE SETOUTFIT CALL IS NOT PLAYER SPECIFIC AT ALL .  IT WILL

HOPEFULLY BECOME CLEARER WHEN NEXT VERSION IS FINISHED SINCE IT WILL HAVE "TEMPLATES OPTIONS"

this is to differentiate it from the way skyrim engines usually assigns outfits to npcs ...   and the way every follower or home mod that controlls equiping and unequiping items does it ...

you see "outfit " in skyrim does not mean a collection of items .. it means an actor variable... 2 of them actually .. default outfit and sleep outfit .. these are the 500 + records i preprogrammed in the mod. every mod  in last 5 years that had someting to do with dressing actors used that variable via a function called "setoutfit"

keyoutfitter does that for all skyrim and non skurim mods ouitfits.. as long as you provide the moded outfit record like I put in Gwilda example.

what you mentioned about reading equiped items and saving  it and re applying it is what my mod calls "custom outfits.

Nex version shoould have a separate page in mcm for custom outfits management and for converting those to templates to distribute among other actors as well.

like I mentioned  I need help even at the level of creating help files or msgs for users in mcm smile.png

Nice, since it's in beta stage, and it already does so much, even a tech noob like me knows how deep this mod goes,  if not for your mod and explanations, I'd never know the outfit is actor variable......... and this clears up so much for me.

Yes now I know my suggestion should be take custom outfits and converting to templates.

I don't think msgs in mcm can explain that much, this mod may need a detailed doc or video explain,  if it use msg in mcm, I guess you need to a rework for the mcm menu/pages. 

the templates and  and auto file detection are done :) along with losing the central config file the mod now is only a 2 line esp file and one mcmconfig scipt with its helper :)  I am not going to wait for markers to release the non beta version .. since i have no testers at all here with all those downloads no bugs are reported ...  so i have been testing it my self that is why :)  but the code is done   .. the only thing i am missing is showing every item in each custom  outfit file in the mcm so you can remove it if you want .. and same for templates .. showiing each wardrobe setting in each template so you can  remove it if you want ... it is the same code really:)!

the included databade of syrim outfits will be optional .. then i ll do an auto installer then release it.

• 5 months later...

Hello

I have been experimenting with this over the last couple of days.  I like the idea of external JSON files because, in theory once you get started it's easy to change with an editor, copy and paste to other characters etc.

Initially I am trying to get to the stage where I have one outfit where I can target  the player or NPC and hit a hot key to equip.

My first hurdle was the Target Actor Actions (if no target is selected I think defaulting to the player would be better than having to prid 14 etc, but that's just an opinion).  What took me a while was the impact of the Skyrim outfit backup, I didn't want to do that so I said no.  What I din't realise was that by doing this all the options for manipulating outfits for the player were not appearing.  This of course only left me with the four options under Target Actor Actions so I couldn't do much at this point.

I actually uninstalled at this point, it was only the next day I thought to try saving the Skyrim default so I reinstalled.

So using my character worn quick item commands ( the -+ opens up a new lot of options ) I managed to create a new wardrobe slot it's in Armor, General, Custom outfit.

Using the MCM menu I can equip this no problem, so to the next stage the hot key.  This is where I am getting stuck.

Under Outfitter keys settings I can see Static Hotkeys and under that Programmable hot keys.  So selecting hotkey 1, on the right hand side I get 'Current Key is Hotkey 1' whichh looks like it is set to 'esc'.  I change this to 1 but get a message saying this is already linked to hotkey 1, OK so why does it show esc?  Any way I come out of the MCM and try 1 as the hotkey, nothing happens.   I go back in and change esc to 'Q'  again nothing happens.  I can see an entry in the file

{
    "HotKeys" : 
    {
        "OutfitterKey1" : 16,
        "OutfittercstmotftKey1" : "test1",
        "Outfittercstmotftcatkey1" : "General",
        "OutfittermodeKey1" : "Apply Custom Outfit",
        "OutfitterwardrobeKey1" : "Armor"
    }
}

What does the 16 represent, it's not ascii Q or q.

I must be missing something here.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Are people using this mod without issues?

I'm trying to get it to work, but unfortunately the outfits don't get loaded properly at all on my followers. I can create a wardrobe full of outfits, custom or otherwise without issue, and applying them to the follower through the MCM seems to work for the most part, but the moment I try to use the hotkey system, it's all over the place. The hotkey only applies half of the set, or tries to apply all but removes some instantly so it just flickers on the character. If I switch between outfits with hotkeys it messes things up even worse, and end up applying a mix of whatever was in those outfits sometimes wearing parts of it, sometimes not. Even using the switch to default outfit hotkey doesn't actually switch to back the default at that point just applies the previous outfit or parts of it.

This mod would be fantastic if I could only get the hotkey system to actually work reliably. I just don't know where to even begin troubleshooting as I don't see any obvious conflicts with other mods or requirements, it just feels the papyrus scripts for setting the outfit aren't applying reliably and it ties itself into a knot the moment something goes wrong.