Skyrim Survival Mode

JobiWanUK

"Bleh".

Even if it wasn't part of the cancer that is the Creation Club, I've never understood why someone would deliberately make things obscenely difficult for the player.  It's a game, not an exercise in frustration.  Arbitrarily slowing down the player (a lot, mind you), in a single player game, is just stupid.  It's just a bunch of extra punch items you have to hit before you can go out questing, while you're out questing, AND when you're done questing.

"Bleh".

Even if it wasn't part of the cancer that is the Creation Club, I've never understood why someone would deliberately make things obscenely difficult for the player.  It's a game, not an exercise in frustration.  Arbitrarily slowing down the player (a lot, mind you), in a single player game, is just stupid.  It's just a bunch of extra punch items you have to hit before you can go out questing, while you're out questing, AND when you're done questing.

Agreed, and no one actually has any other explanation but "it's more immersive". Why is it more immersive?

"Bleh".

Don't play dark souls series ever... Seriously... You'll never play it again.

No one needs to justify why it is they enjoy a game. If some gamers prefer the games they play to be more challenging, then that's a good enough reason for them to play challenging games. Bethesda is not forcing this survival mode on any one, it is optional. What they will be doing, however, is charging money for something that lacks innovation and encroaches on ideas developed by modders for years.

In my opinion, the main reason why CC exists is PS4 (and Sony's modding in-support), and not the money for Bethesda. Yes, I am naive like that. And I don't care for this microtransaction feature, as long as it is not pay-to-win or pay-to-play solution, which it is not.

I tried it just now since it's free at the moment.  After testing for only a few minutes it seems like basically a combination of Frostfall and iNeed that people who don't get it free now can have the pleasure of paying $8 for.  For console users it's probably actually worth the money.  For PC users, if you miss the free week IMO it's not worth it.

I had to disable my DLL loaders other than SKSE or the game would not load  (SSE Fixes and Keyboard Shortcuts).  The new version of SKSE64 works fine with it though.  I heard that SKYUI does not so didn't try that.  The other issue I noticed is that the food I had at the beginning did not satisfy hunger so I'm guessing either USSEP or my other mods that affect food are missing some of the new keywords or something.

One other thing I found interesting about it is that it doesn't show up in MO at all but it's there in game.  So it seems to bypass mod managers entirely and just load into the base game.  It has a popup when you first load the game asking if you want to enable it.

Why bother pirating it when it's already free at the moment?  There's no way I would pay $8 for it, but I don't mind clicking the install button when it's free.

Also found out USSEP is what's breaking food currently.  Arthmoor already has a fix for it but hasn't updated the official version of USSEP yet.  Apparently it's currently blocking the new keywords.

I am pretty sceptical, particularly on the part where it interferes with SKSE64 and overall mod compatibility.

As for the price, I don't see any point in having such a shop up at all (at least for PC players) since afaik this mod is just doing the same as iNeed or RND. And even if it is better, then someone could still mimic the mod with the same (or even better) functionality and put it up on the nexus for free which makes the 'paid mod' completely redundant.

It is probably best if Bethesda lets its modder community provide the content (for free and in just one game version and not multiple) and they should rather focus on engine stability, reduce CTDs, provide mod-friendliness, etc.

We'll see how it goes.

Cant wait to test this once is up in the pirate reddit because shillsco and beth can go fuck themselves

Wow, you're so desperate to pirate something and "stick it to the Beth man" that you're going to pass up on the much better free versions you could get from the Nexus?  Whatever floats your boat man.

When you're done being super rebellious and sticking it to nobody, take a moment to think about the idea that this survival mode is for console users who don't have access to those free survival mods. ;)

I am pretty sceptical, particularly on the part where it interferes with SKSE64 and overall mod compatibility.

As for the price, I don't see any point in having such a shop up at all (at least for PC players) since afaik this mod is just doing the same as iNeed or RND. And even if it is better, then someone could still mimic the mod with the same (or even better) functionality and put it up on the nexus for free which makes the 'paid mod' completely redundant.

It is probably best if Bethesda lets its modder community provide the content (for free and in just one game version and not multiple) and they should rather focus on engine stability, reduce CTDs, provide mod-friendliness, etc.

We'll see how it goes.

The modding community can't provide anything for PS4 ( except through Creation Club ).

We have more immersive made by the modders, we should thanks them instead, and fuck the creation club that its more like microtransactions, and i don't wanna bash the console players that have to buy the mod but its just unfair if you are the modder and not be given appreciate by support em via patreon or the same as that

if there's steamworkshop i guess its great, for example CSGO, DOta2, warframe etc 

Archived