Bodyslide and Neck Seem Questions

jjnoc5

This is probably a fairly common question but its still been plaguing me so if any kind soul has an answer or a link to a thread where this was previously answered I'd be much obliged.

1) How exactly do you do get the bodysliders to work to adjust your character's body. I know it has something to do with going into bodyslider and editing things and then exporting it somewhere but its the details I'm unsure of.

2) How do you fix the neck seem issue where the head is one color and the body is another? I've poked into it in the past and remember needing some entirely other program to manually blend stuff in Photoshop or something. Is there perhaps a body/skin retexture for the CBBE body which has such a blending prebuilt in?

Thank you in advanced y'all.

the seam problem is a texture set problem. you'll have to find body textures that mention what face textures work with them, or include full body textures including the feet, hands, and faces. if you just start mix matching willy nilly faces with bodies it will never work right.

texblend has always been a bit of a joke. mostly useful for putting vagina textures on in a very lazy way.

i know in the fo4 world, there is a surprising number of body textures that dont have faces included i was like what the actual fuck. im using caramel skin for skyrim with modified speculars, it came with matching faces. there is usually a /slight/ seam no matter what in my experience that i sum up to differences in texture resolution, but you should have colour matching well at the very least with a proper texture.

like this screenshot this seam is caused by bad uv matching on the face/body as well as texture resolution differences such that the face ends up looking smoother than the body, but when you stick the camera right up against it you can see its because the face is too high res for the body heh.

post-501843-0-43139800-1506314734_thumb.png

the seam problem is a texture set problem. you'll have to find body textures that mention what face textures work with them, or include full body textures including the feet, hands, and faces. if you just start mix matching willy nilly faces with bodies it will never work right.

texblend has always been a bit of a joke. mostly useful for putting vagina textures on in a very lazy way.

i know in the fo4 world, there is a surprising number of body textures that dont have faces included i was like what the actual fuck. im using caramel skin for skyrim with modified speculars, it came with matching faces. there is usually a /slight/ seam no matter what in my experience that i sum up to differences in texture resolution, but you should have colour matching well at the very least with a proper texture.

like this screenshot this seam is caused by bad uv matching on the face/body as well as texture resolution differences such that the face ends up looking smoother than the body, but when you stick the camera right up against it you can see its because the face is too high res for the body heh.

What version of Blender is most popular for Sky or FO4? If you don't mind me asking. Could you point to a good tutorial somewhere?

What version of Blender is most popular for Sky or FO4? If you don't mind me asking. Could you point to a good tutorial somewhere?

to do what? bake daz textures to unp?

there would be dozen of textures on nexus if anyone could do it

170925014526526826.jpg

anyway

170925012705552945.jpg

you don't see a seam?

there's one

there's always a seam, even on the originals

170925012636453626.jpg

can see it without zooming, since i know where it is, here it's easier to see

170925012606473468.jpg

many have that

17092501271736292.jpg

that's not a seam, skyrim have just generated that head so there's no tintmask (crap kit don't generate heads for npc with flag is facegen preset, bad idea to put some npc in race presets)

170925012711342085.jpg

here there's a tintmask seam, because whatever it use it didn't stick to vanilla tintmask and i use the ones of an old npc replacer (the heads suck, but the tintmasks are nice)

the body don't match the hands, because the body in that clothe suck (not the same settings as femalehands, that are the same as femalefeet, femalebody, and femalehead, and it's those setting in the npc head nif so you stick to that)

there's that kind of seam too

170925012706859987.jpg

either the body msn is no longer the same near the neck

either the head msn is no longer the same near the neck

the result is you can't use that head msn with that body msn

170925012644415285.jpg

copy paste femalehead in femalebody nif (hands and feet too), and when you download something, check its seam before having a surprise in game

In bodyslide you move the sliders to adjust things and then click "build". This will be the default body for all females in the game. I use fair skin for textures and have no problems with the seams bug.

How do I get it to also fit armor and stuff like the Wonderful World of Bikini Armor mod?

First you need to find armor and clothing made for the type of body that you are using. So if you are using the cbbe body then you look for that. Try to find armor and clothing that has body-slide files. What this means is that you can build those clothes and armors to more closely fit the body u are using.

Now once you have a armor or clothing you like, go into bodyslide and use the top little window to find the new armor/clothing in the list. If it doesn't show up then it did not have bodyslide files and you will need those to build them. Once you find it, select your body for it to fit and then press build and it will conform the armor to your body shape. When you have many armors to build you can use the "batch build" option in the bottom left of the app. You might have more than one option for some things so just choose the ones you want and bodyslide will do the rest. Have fun! You can watch this to see what I mean. 

• 2 weeks later...

I actually feel pretty stupid, but something I realized is that I think my problems came from the fact I was using a different complexion on the slider. Before it was like 4 or something but when I turned it to 1, it all worked out.

Archived