Lets get this show started [STELLARIS]

Subrosa

Time to get rolling on the stellaris adult mods.

I’ve been playing stellaris since 1.6, and I’ve had a ball with it. This game kicks so much butt it’s making chuck norris’s butt kicking record check over its shoulder. But you know what I don’t like about it?

It’s all about politics, religion, population growth, societal interactions, caste systems, international relations, war, etc., and not ONCE does sex come up.

We’re going to fix that.

This post will have THREE parts.

Part One is general avenues of adult modding that can be taken with a game that has a scope like Stellaris. This list will by no means be conclusive; I want you to spew your hot ideas all over this thread.

Part Two is ideas listed by other users on these forums, with screen names attached to credit the people who came up with the idea. My goal here is to classify them into groups and see if I can come up with even more ideas based on these ideas in particular.

Part Three is going to be my ideas in particular based on a combination of part one and two. I’m going to try to apply the classifications listed in part one to ideas generated in part two to try and make a realistically achievable mod.

Let’s get cooking.

PART ONE

What kinds of mods can be done with a game like Stellaris?

As snackton said here, http://www.loverslab.com/topic/78296-stellaris-darker-adult-mods/?p=1904919 stellaris is a game with a large scope that rises above the concerns of individuals and focuses on the needs and conflicts of societies as a whole. So what kinds of mechanics are there that address these needs and conflicts?

For starters, there’s a wide range of physical currencies. If you don’t have enough energy, you can’t operate your buildings. If you can’t operate your buildings, you can’t build ships to defend yourself with. If you don’t have enough food, you won’t keep your people alive long enough to do anything with them. You can even trade planets, though i’ve yet to do a single successful trade on one of those.

Then there’s the less physical currencies. You can trade research agreements, star maps, even sensor arrays for live updates.

For any of these, there are a few common traits. They can be traded for each other with other nations, and internal policies can affect their production rates.

Looking at this, it seems obvious to me that one direction that could be taken is to use sex itself as a form of currency. Being on those science ships for years of their lives probably leaves those scientists feeling a little pent up. It’s something a professional could help with, surely. For internal production, keeping a few brothels open might increase the happiness of other pops- especially if the brothel workers are domestic servants. Such buildings as ‘Brothels’ could also affect population growth rate, depending on your birth control policies.

There is another type of currency I didn’t mention- strategic resources. Typically, strategic resources do something along the line of boosting your shields’ regeneration or your lasers’ potency. You trade them to other countries after the resource is revealed for credits and minerals. The more useful it is to them, the more they trade for it.

We could create strategic resources that were related to sex, somehow. Beyond using sex as a currency, I mean.

There is also the idea of using technologies themselves to create new technology trees that relate to sex.

And of course, we can’t forget the idea of traditions. Domination, diplomacy, and commerce all have ideas that could be related to sex.

And we can’t forget wars. What happens to populations when their country is defeated? Their religious leaders, admirals, and generals? What if we incentivized not killing them, or created a capture mechanic? Maybe capturing an enemy general will make a general increase troop morale, or capturing an enemy admiral will increase your own admiral’s fire rate. This is just an idea, though. Another idea is to make use of a new kind of orbital bombardment- chemical bliss dependent aphrodesiacs.

There are also ethos specific ideas on sexuality and what it means to be different things. Materialists always have something to do with robots, and spiritualists are all about the mind-domination stuff. Maybe make a way for fanatic xenophobes to slowly turn all of a xeno race into a slave / near animal status race, and make them enjoy it. There’s all kinds of stuff you could do with Ethos.

Something I keep forgetting is quest chains. I get the general idea behind them, but I don’t really know how I would use a quest chain to make the game more adult. I could see doing some generalized, repeatable quests, such as when you uplift a species, do you uplift them to be harem workers (seen negatively by other races, ESPECIALLY xenophobic ones), or stuff like that. I don’t really have a lot of ideas on quest chains. I could probably sit down and think of some, but I think the decisions you make and the strategies you employ are a more immersive avenue.

Part Two: Some general ideas as listed by other users here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/78296-stellaris-darker-adult-mods/

RavenActual: a quest chain that lets you influence cultural norms among your people or event popups with a more adult flair to them, like a planetary event where mineral gathering is temporarily lessened in exchange for a big happiness boost because someone started an orgy that got so big it affected planetary production targets.

--You could also make that affect population growth.

Justaidea: something like a breeding stock slavery/genocide policies  for tentacle aliens(can be other aliens) using the female slaves as breeding stock replacing the slave pops with main pop?(maybe for bio ascension perk only?)

--Hmm. There IS the assimilation path, but tbh, it’s not really…. Useful, I think. I like the idea, and it provides a new idea for a completely new tradition set: Corruption.

RavenActual: Hmm, that's an idea. Something appealing about the thought of screwing a species out of existence.

--A little different than conversion, but yeah, should totally be a genocide option. Enormous boost to population growth, and theirs slowly dwindles as they age and die. Alternatively, make them slaves and just make their pop growth neutral for a moderate pop growth, or don’t restrict their population growth for a small increase to population growth. (Obviously need to make the pop growth bonus lower than their penalty to population growth, since they’d be benefitting from the bonus they produce.)

justaidea: Continue on my tentacle alien idea their trait can be one sex species without any sex slave will have no growth. So starting the game you might have to waste a civic on the Syncretic Evolution or no growth.
Maybe the chemical bliss living standard for the sex slaves due to the tentacles mating with the slaves.(fluids from the tentacle to stop slaves from escaping)

--These sound like great additions you can make to the tech trees. http://sit.milaq.net/#tech-detail is a good place to start looking if you want to write out some ideas.

Jayleia: Not so much the tentacle/freaky stuff, but some BDSM-style ideas... 

1) The slave population gets chastity belts.  Reduces growth dramatically.

2) Dropping proto-estrogen chemicals into the environment, reduces population growth, and military capability

--Using chasity devices to limit population is an interesting idea, but what are some effects we could get that would be different from normal population restriction? Could we force them to wear orgasm denial devices that make their happiness go down, but other population happiness go way up (since they’re willing to go so much farther?) On estrogen bombs, that’s a very neat idea, but whether it affects the military depends on whether the enemy has gas masks or the like. You might be able to make it an army attachment, though- estrogen thrower brigades. That also gives me an idea- converting an alien race to all of one gender (player’s choice) for player exploitation.

SilentKnight: Being able to make different races Mono-gendered (mono-female makes the most sense, but you could have mono-male who reproduce asexually, like tentacle monsters) which could lead to interesting traits.
You could make rape legal, which could lead to pop growth but lower happiness or something like that. Mmmm playing as a tentacle hive mind, raping and spreading across the galaxy.

--I remember someone made an asari mod that had like, -30 growth rate, but +2% growth rate per xeno population on planet. It wasn’t very good since it required a ton of aliens, but it was a neat idea.

Dewguru: I suppose the hard thing is let's say you make one of your population options 'sex slaves.' Then what?

With no events or anything tied to them, you don't even really know they're there unless you view the planet where they are and look at them sitting there with whatever kind of resource building they've got on the plot.

--Hm…. This is something where repeatable quest chains, events and the like can really come in handy, I think. (heh.) Maybe a quest chain that occurs multiple times, and when it’s completed, you convert a foreign planet into a roaring orgy with enormous unrest. Maybe you could use quest chains and events to deal with the ‘keep enemy leaders as sex slaves’ idea. Maybe capture an enemy commander, get a quest log with limited time to completion that requires a military ship to complete, and convert them into a new admiral- or into a public display that impacts foreign relations. I dunno.

That said, in terms of making people sex slaves in particular, the way you do it would probably be best done through species rights, living standards, what tiles you make them work on, and genetic modifications. Maybe make a mod so that your leader’s war-babies can be used to create pops, evidenced by the fact that the species has traits from both species. Or something.

Structures:

Brothel: Increase happiness! (May cause event: STD outbreak! :o ) (Shouldn’t require technology. I mean… come on. Oldest profession on earth.)

Milk Factory: Produces 1 food and 1 happiness. (Milk is also used in ice cream. :9 Gotta love that fox alien titty ice cream. Unless you’re putting males on this tile, in which case hey, I ain’t judging.) (may require technology: genome mapping, and higher technologies for more intense milk farms.)

Stables: Population growth too low? Assign breeders! (May require technology: Frontier Clinic. Maybe require frontier hospital for an improved version, a baby-making factory.)

Extraction facility: A combination of all three above buildings, people are forced into stockades for breeding, given chemicals to make them produce milk, and all the other citizens are welcome to come inside to, well, cum inside! Great for those xenophilic authoritarian empires. (May require technology: Frontier clinic and genome mapping, since you’re combining the two.) ((The population working this would probably naturally be very unhappy, but we could make a trait that makes them enjoy such treatment and modify the species appropriately.))

Commodities:

Sex

Aphrodesiacs

Milk

Policies:

Birth Control: On whether or not sex structures, policies, etc. are able to affect population growth. If not, the penalty to production caused by sex structures and policies are negated.

Display Dominance (see under traditions)

Kill or Capture: When fighting enemy forces with leaders, have the choice to inflict 10% less damage. If you would kill the enemy, you instead capture their leader, and their name is added as a modifer to your own general or admiral, increasing their fire rate per enemy officer in their harem.

Aphrodesiac bombing: Requires tech, chemical bliss: Planet’s growth speed is greatly increased for the duration of bombing, but production is greatly lowered. Military has gas masks, and is unaffected. Or maybe their morale is damaged, I dunno. Will not destroy structures.

Rights:

Reproduction Controls: Can be raped: Increases growth speed. Decreases happiness of female tiles.

Standard of living: Mandatory aphrodisiacs: Females produce less. Growth rate is greatly increased.

Traits:

submissive: Ignore unrest caused by Sex-structures, sex policies, etc. Gain +happiness when submitted to sex-structures, sex policies, etc.

Slutty: These pops have a penalty to producing most goods, but always provides a happiness bonus to other pops on planet. Does not negatively impact sex structure goods.

Cow: Individuals of this species make more milk when used at milk factories.

Alienated Males: This species can’t produce males of its own kind anymore, though it can now be impregnated by your native species. Requires at least 1 population tile to be your home race for them to have a positive population growth. (requires some kind of gene tech.)

Strategic Resources:

Delicious Delicacies: Through studying of genes, addictions, and other bio-fields, you’ve discovered a way to synthesize a drug that the aliens will keep coming back for. Effects: Additional increase in trust and relationship. It’s synthesized from our own species’ reproductive fluids, and mixed with a rare element that allows us to create this addictive substance. (Add conditional dialogue: Ruler will compliment the flavor of that delicious drink and will request to learn the recipe one day.) (requires technology: Chemical Bliss)

Traditions:

Display Dominance (modification to dominance finisher: Makes it so you can enact the policy, ‘Display Dominance,’ which gains you influence but makes the subject empire less happy- unless their species has been modified with the submissive trait.)

Expansion: Make baby making related to the final marker for the expansion traditions.

Discovery: Make it so you can basically lend a scientist to a foreign government’s science ship. In return for their myriad services, your country gets a significant research boost. (Yes, you’re whoring out your scientist, but it’s all in the spirit of science! That scientist still counts against your leader pool, though.)

New Tradition Tree: Corruption

Basic idea: To influence other governments in such a way as to steal their desirables and make them enjoy being dominated and used by your empire. Ideas include selling them chemicals to make them turn submissive, cow, slutty, and really, really like your empire for no apparent reason other than the drugs. Final unlock ability involves some way to overthrow a government from within, making it cede its planets to you willingly, its leaders bound up and presented to you as a gift.

Also, forgot to mention: War demands!

Next you would need to go into the Localization. Without any sort of localization the buildings themselves would read "building_milk_factory" so somewhere in the local you would have to put, or in its own folder in the localization subfolder, "building_basic_milk_factory = what ever you want to name it."

Unfortunately that is the extent of my modding knowledge. I'm not sure how to get the game to select an image for the building you mod in.

Next you would need to go into the Localization. Without any sort of localization the buildings themselves would read "building_milk_factory" so somewhere in the local you would have to put, or in its own folder in the localization subfolder, "building_basic_milk_factory = what ever you want to name it."

Unfortunately that is the extent of my modding knowledge. I'm not sure how to get the game to select an image for the building you mod in.

AH-HA!

Okay, still not fully functional, but here's the code for milk factory, i'll edit purge the old code. Thank you for your help!

@b0time = 120
@b0cost = 30
@b0effect = 1
@b0upkeep = 0.5

@b1time = 210
@b1cost = 60
@b1effect = 2
@b1upkeep = 1

@b2time = 180
@b2cost = 90
@b2effect = 3
@b2upkeep = 1.5

@b3time = 180
@b3cost = 120
@b3effect = 4
@b3upkeep = 2

@b4time = 180
@b4cost = 150
@b4effect = 5
@b4upkeep = 2.5

@b5time = 180
@b5cost = 180
@b5effect = 8
@b5upkeep = 3

@science1 = 1
@science2 = 2
@science3 = 3
@science4 = 4
@science5 = 6

@natural_equilibrium_happiness = 0.02

#
#    MILK FACTORY
#

building_basic_milk_factory = {
    tags = { Hydroponics_farm }

base_buildtime = @b0time

cost = {
        minerals = @b0cost
    }

produced_resources = {
        food = .5    
    }

planet_modifier = {
        pop_happiness = 0.01
        tile_resource_minerals_mult = 0.01
        tile_resource_physics_research_mult = 0.01
        tile_resource_society_research_mult = 0.01
        tile_resource_engineering_research_mult = 0.01

}

army_modifier = {
            army_damage_mult = 0.01
    }    

produced_resource_trigger = {
        modifier = {
            has_valid_civic = civic_agrarian_idyll
            resources = {
                unity = 1
            }
        }
    }

required_resources = {
        energy = @b0upkeep
    }

upgrades = {
        building_milk_factory_1
    }

potential = {
        custom_tooltip = {
            text = "requires_shelter"
            planet = {
                    has_building = "building_colony_shelter"
            }
        }
        planet = {
            NOT = { is_planet_class = pc_habitat }    
        }        
    }

ai_allow = {
        NOR = {
            has_resource = {
                type = sr_betharian
                amount > 0
            }    
            has_resource = {
                type = sr_alien_pets
                amount > 0
            }                
        }

# If planet only has slaves/robots, keep it to mining and farming...
        is_slave_tile_or_planet = no    
    }

ai_weight = {
        factor = 10
    }
}

building_milk_factory_1 = {
    tags = { hydroponics_farm }

base_buildtime = @b1time

cost = {
        minerals = @b1cost
    }

produced_resources = {
        food = 1    
    }

planet_modifier = {
        pop_happiness = 0.02
        tile_resource_minerals_mult = 0.02
        tile_resource_physics_research_mult = 0.02
        tile_resource_society_research_mult = 0.02
        tile_resource_engineering_research_mult = 0.02
    }

army_modifier = {
            army_damage_mult = 0.02
    }    

modifier = {
            resources = {
                unity = 1
            }
        }
    }    

modifier = {
            resources = {
                unity = 1
            }
        }
    }

required_resources = {
        energy = @b1upkeep
    }

upgrades = {
        building_milk_factory_2
    }    

potential = {
        planet = {
        }
    }

allow = {
        custom_tooltip = {
            text = "requires_building_capital_1"
            planet = {
                OR = {
                    has_building = "building_capital_1"
                    has_building = "building_capital_2"
                    has_building = "building_capital_3"
                }
            }
        }
    }

ai_allow = {
        NOR = {
            has_resource = {
                type = sr_betharian
                amount > 0
            }    
            has_resource = {
                type = sr_alien_pets
                amount > 0
            }                
        }
    }

ai_weight = {
        factor = 1
    }
}

building_milk_factory_2 = {

base_buildtime = @b2time
    is_listed = no

cost = {
        minerals = @b2cost
    }

potential = {
        planet = {
        }
    }    

allow = {
        custom_tooltip = {
            text = "requires_building_capital_1"
            planet = {
                OR = {
                    has_building = "building_capital_1"
                }
            }
        }
    }

produced_resources = {
        food = 1.5    
    }

planet_modifier = {
        pop_happiness = 0.03
        tile_resource_minerals_mult = 0.03
        tile_resource_physics_research_mult = 0.03
        tile_resource_society_research_mult = 0.03
        tile_resource_engineering_research_mult = 0.03
    }

army_modifier = {
            army_damage_mult = 0.03
    }    

modifier = {
            resources = {
                unity = 1
            }
        }
    }    
        modifier = {
            resources = {
                unity = 1
            }
        }
    }

required_resources = {
        energy = @b2upkeep
    }

upgrades = {
        building_milk_factory_3
    }    
    prerequisites = {
        "tech_biodiversity_studies"
    }
}

building_milk_factory_3 = {

base_buildtime = @b3time
    is_listed = no

cost = {
        minerals = @b3cost
    }

potential = {
        planet = {
        }
    }    

allow = {
        custom_tooltip = {
            text = "requires_building_capital_2"
            planet = {
                OR = {
                }
            }
        }
    }

produced_resources = {
        food = 2    
    }

planet_modifier = {
        pop_happiness = 0.04
        tile_resource_minerals_mult = 0.04        
        tile_resource_physics_research_mult = 0.04
        tile_resource_society_research_mult = 0.04
        tile_resource_engineering_research_mult = 0.04        

army_modifier = {
            army_damage_mult = 0.04
    }

modifier = {
            resources = {
                unity = 1
            }
        }
    }

required_resources = {
        energy = @b3upkeep
    }

upgrades = {
        building_milk_factory_4
    }    
    prerequisites = {
        "tech_genome_mapping"
    }
}

building_milk_factory_4 = {

base_buildtime = @b4time
    is_listed = no

cost = {
        minerals = @b4cost
    }

potential = {
        planet = {
        }
    }

allow = {
        custom_tooltip = {
            text = "requires_building_capital_2"
            planet = {
                OR = {
                }
            }
        }
    }

produced_resources = {
        food = 2.5    
    }

planet_modifier = {
        pop_happiness = 0.05
        tile_resource_minerals_mult = 0.05
        tile_resource_physics_research_mult = 0.05
        tile_resource_society_research_mult = 0.05
        tile_resource_engineering_research_mult = 0.05
    }

army_modifier = {
            army_damage_mult = 0.05
    }    

modifier = {
            resources = {
                unity = 1
            }
        }
    }

required_resources = {
        energy = @b4upkeep
    }

upgrades = {
        building_milk_factory_5
    }    

prerequisites = {
        "tech_xenobiology"
    }
}

building_milk_factory_5 = {

base_buildtime = @b5time
    is_listed = no

cost = {
        minerals = @b5cost
    }

potential = {
        planet = {
            is_capital = yes
        }
    }

destroy_if = {
        planet = { is_capital = no }
    }    

allow = {
        custom_tooltip = {
            text = "requires_building_capital_3"
            planet = {
            }
        }
    }

produced_resources = {
        food = 3    
    }

planet_modifier = {
        pop_happiness = 0.06
        tile_resource_minerals_mult = 0.06
        tile_resource_physics_research_mult = 0.06
        tile_resource_society_research_mult = 0.06
        tile_resource_engineering_research_mult = 0.06
    }

army_modifier = {
            army_damage_mult = 0.06
    }    

modifier = {
            resources = {
                unity = 1
            }
        }
    }

required_resources = {
        energy = @b5upkeep
    }

prerequisites = {
        "tech_epigenetic_triggers"
    }    

}

The idea of the milk factory is that milk does a body good, and promotes healthy living. (One mod at a time. : P) Currently, this code does NOT make science increase, nor does it increase planetary military damage value. Still working on those.

Edited to put more functional version up

Still can't make it affect science or military damage. Anyone who knows how, please aid.

It works, baby! I mean the mod is still clunky, don't get me wrong, gotta make a localization file and such, then i gotta apply the correct technologies so you can't accidentally skip to milk factory 3 without accessing 2. I also gotta work on the aesthetics and stuff- needs some Vaccuum tube buildings. : P But for my first mod, it's coming along okay.

Also, going to be gone for a few weeks. Work is hell. Anyone is free to use this to do whatever. I won't complain if someone takes all my ideas and makes them real and they get the credit for it. : P

I modified Nessa's Real Human Slaves (It adds nudity and slave clothes for ensalved pops) to make it that if you vassalize a human civilization, their leader appears in bondage gear. (It works only with united nations only for some reason tho :/ ) Something like that can be utilized.

I modified Nessa's Real Human Slaves (It adds nudity and slave clothes for ensalved pops) to make it that if you vassalize a human civilization, their leader appears in bondage gear. (It works only with united nations only for some reason tho :/ ) Something like that can be utilized.

I'll take a look at it when i get back.

I can't get the localization to work. code type is utf8 bom, but it's STILL not reading.

localization code, which is not showing up for some reason

l_english:
 ####################################
 # Misc
 ####################################
 building_basic_milk_factory:0 "Basic Milk Factory"
 building_basic_milk_factory_desc:0 "This milk factory is no more than a large barn with a lot of chairs and vaccuum tubes, but it does its job."
 building_milk_factory_1:0 "Milk Factory I"
 building_milk_factory_1_desc:0 "Milk. It does a body good. So let's harvest our people's juicy goodness and do our people good!"
 building_milk_factory_2:0 "Milk Factory II"
 building_milk_factory_2_desc:0 "With the introduction of chemical stimulants, our sapient cows produce more milk."
 building_milk_factory_3:0 "Milk Factory III"
 building_milk_factory_3_desc:0 "People love milk, and we have to produce more of it. That means more drugs, more gene-tweaking, and more milk."
 building_milk_factory_4:0 "Milk Factory IV"
 building_milk_factory_4_desc:0 "The high quality milk is its own reward, but seeing so many people who produce it and their enormous mammaries is another treat!"
 building_milk_factory_5:0 "Milk Factory V"
 building_milk_factory_5_desc:0 "The key to happiness? Milking our citizens around the clock and drinking it by the gallon, sometimes straight from the source."
 building_milk_factory_6:0 "Milk Factory VI"
 building_milk_factory_6_desc:0 "Our people are strong because of our citizen cows, their teats eternally sucked, their bodies living conduits of nutrition." 
 milk_factory_build_cost_mult:0 "Milk Factory Build Cost"
 milk_factory_construction_speed_mult:0 "Milk Factory Construction Speed"

This is the error log.

[03:45:13][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Expected format is "key={": building_basic_milk_factory, near line: 6
Expected format is "key={": {, near line: 6
Unexpected token: Hydroponics_farm, near line: 7
" in file: "common/buildings/Milk Factory Related.txt" near line: 7
[03:45:13][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Malformed token: @b0time, near line: 9
" in file: "common/buildings/Milk Factory Related.txt" near line: 9
[03:45:13][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Malformed token: @b1time, near line: 85
" in file: "common/buildings/Milk Factory Related.txt" near line: 85
[03:45:13][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Malformed token: @b2time, near line: 175
" in file: "common/buildings/Milk Factory Related.txt" near line: 175
[03:45:13][building_type.cpp:259]: Building "building_milk_factory_2" has invalid technology "tech_biodiversity_studies".
[03:45:13][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Malformed token: @b3time, near line: 250
" in file: "common/buildings/Milk Factory Related.txt" near line: 250
[03:45:13][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Unknown modifier: army_modifier, near line: 286
" in file: "common/buildings/Milk Factory Related.txt" near line: 288
[03:45:13][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Unknown modifier: produced_resource_trigger, near line: 290
" in file: "common/buildings/Milk Factory Related.txt" near line: 297
[03:45:13][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Unknown modifier: required_resources, near line: 299
" in file: "common/buildings/Milk Factory Related.txt" near line: 301
[03:45:13][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Unknown modifier: upgrades, near line: 303
" in file: "common/buildings/Milk Factory Related.txt" near line: 305
[03:45:13][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Unknown modifier: prerequisites, near line: 306
" in file: "common/buildings/Milk Factory Related.txt" near line: 308
[03:45:13][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Unexpected token: building_milk_factory_4, near line: 311
" in file: "common/buildings/Milk Factory Related.txt" near line: 376
[03:45:13][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Unexpected token: building_milk_factory_5, near line: 378
" in file: "common/buildings/Milk Factory Related.txt" near line: 443
[03:45:15][building_type.cpp:558]: Missing building Localization Key: tags
[03:45:15][building_type.cpp:558]: Missing building Localization Key: tags_desc
[03:45:15][building_type.cpp:581]: Building tags is missing texture gfx/interface/icons/buildings/tags.dds
[03:45:15][building_type.cpp:558]: Missing building Localization Key: building_milk_factory_1
[03:45:15][building_type.cpp:558]: Missing building Localization Key: building_milk_factory_1_desc
[03:45:15][building_type.cpp:581]: Building building_milk_factory_1 is missing texture gfx/interface/icons/buildings/building_milk_factory_1.dds
[03:45:15][building_type.cpp:558]: Missing building Localization Key: building_milk_factory_2
[03:45:15][building_type.cpp:558]: Missing building Localization Key: building_milk_factory_2_desc
[03:45:15][building_type.cpp:581]: Building building_milk_factory_2 is missing texture gfx/interface/icons/buildings/building_milk_factory_2.dds
[03:45:15][building_type.cpp:558]: Missing building Localization Key: building_milk_factory_3
[03:45:15][building_type.cpp:558]: Missing building Localization Key: building_milk_factory_3_desc
[03:45:15][building_type.cpp:581]: Building building_milk_factory_3 is missing texture gfx/interface/icons/buildings/building_milk_factory_3.dds

There's actually a lot that can be done. Look at the game free cities, it does it right. Though that game does have a lot more rpg elements to it, you can still learn a lot from it. 

so the bottom half of that error log with the building localization stuff is you missing a picture for the building to display when built. To solve that, all you need to do is copy and rename an existing one, at least until you can get your own GFX in there. 

Its located in the Interface folder in GFX.

As for the upper half of that, it looks like you are missing a bracket somewhere. Maybe.

There's actually a lot that can be done. Look at the game free cities, it does it right. Though that game does have a lot more rpg elements to it, you can still learn a lot from it. 

Never heard of it. I'll give it a go when I get back in two weeks.

so the bottom half of that error log with the building localization stuff is you missing a picture for the building to display when built. To solve that, all you need to do is copy and rename an existing one, at least until you can get your own GFX in there. 

Its located in the Interface folder in GFX.

As for the upper half of that, it looks like you are missing a bracket somewhere. Maybe.

I thought so too, but I can't find where I'm missing a bracket. I figured maybe it would help if I knew what unexpected tokens are, but googling that didn't help much. I'll take another crack at it when I get back; feel free to use or modify any of this stuff.

I think the brothel idea could be expanded with an empire-unique mega-brothel that produces an "alien whores" strategic resource or something like that which boosts happiness by 5 or 10 percent throughout your empire. It should probably require the empire capital-complex to build

yanno, thinking about it, there's a lot of aliens that don't look good to to me, and i'm sure humans look similarly unappealing to them. I bring this up because you usually can trade strategic resources.

There's also the history of geishas and their roles in society, and how that could be applied. Lots of ideas, not enough time and skill to put them all up today.

later y'all.

I think I got most of the issues here, i just went down the list and made a guess TBH.

You have the first Hydroponics_farm capitalized, should be lowercase.

You have the 2nd upgrade be unlocked with "tech_biodiversity_studies". The tech is actually under the more generic "tech_biolab_1"

Likewise, though the log doesn't mention it, there is also no "tech_xenobiology", it is "tech_biolab_2"

You are missing a close bracket on line 286. Close that and you should be good.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why the @b0time is malformed. Would you do me a favor and run with the fixes and see if it clears that up?

If it doesn't a brute force way to handle it would to just set the base time to build and avoid the trigger for the time being.

The best way to integrate sex into this game is by making species that are very centered around it. With normal species you can add a few events or maybe traits with a sexual nature, but it won't be very significant. 

Once I become more familiar with customizing the game, I'm planning on making a custom race that does this, or multiple. I have an amount of art skills so I could make custom portraits, backgrounds, buildings and maybe even ships. However, I'm absolute ass when it comes to coding. 

Unlike Crusader Kings the scope of the mod has to be on a galactic scale, a population of sex slaves VS a single one shackled to your feet like Princess Leia. The wonderful Asari mod pretty much has the maximum amount of adult flavor you could have in a species, even if its just boobies and a faster breeding trait from Xenos.

It all ends up as flavor anyway, a farm that makes food from animals or the processed babies of an enslaved race produces 4 ticks of food regardless of how you word it.

In that regards it would be better off to have a building mod with some flavor events that fire targeting the building and have the flavor pretend the pop assigned is the one being referenced. A Whorehouse that produces slave efficiency and some power to represent spent income. A Slave Pleasure Extraction Unit produces power from invasive Legend of the Overfiend style machines.

A better way, though equally as time consuming as doing everything over, would be to have a civic that replaces all of your buildings with filthier equivalent, you'd have to add an exemption to every vanilla building to exclude the civic from allowing to build them. In that way you could start vanilla and end milking dozens of pops literally.

I mean you could accidentally end up molesting the Blorg but hey man, any port in the storm.

I have a fairly "sexy" art asset replacement that, unintentionally, evolved into an entirely new human species replacement--my Kagami species mod. But I would agree that if you want to do something more overt, events (and your own flavor of risque fanfiction, etc.) are pretty much where 90% of it could happen. 

So as a question to the community, lets pose a theoretical building mod.

Theoretically I have about three buildings, all replacing the Xeno Pet facility depending on your ethos. The written descriptions being wrote gender neutral is tougher than i thought though.

Would you all prefer something that is gender neutral, as the description is vague enough to insert anyone you desire. Or would you all prefer assuming that female slaves would be the target? The third option of code two seperate gendered buildings is there, however it literally doubles the work required and I would prefer the lazy route.

Anything that involves multiple species coming together for common purpose-sexual or otherwise-should add a lot of Xenophile attraction.  And possibly a lot of migration attraction, depending on what it is.  Also potentially Society research points(Dealing with both 'biology' and 'culture').

The pollen event chain already in Stellaris that can potentially end up turning the planet toxic is something to look at.  http://www.stellariswiki.com/Colony_events#Pollen_Aphrodisiac

Some way to add the Atmospheric Aphrodisiac standard modifier to a planet is something to consider.  I made a cheat building at one point with help from the Stellaris reddit to do so among other things.(I had big plans; sort of a replacement to all other buildings for Pacifists, available by trait only, and for the buildings to perhaps turn up on other empire's worlds, and turn other species into the species the tree belonged to, kinda like the 'Infective' mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691731596&searchtext=infective as a kind of way around no war(They just....assimilate)...but they came to nothing as my knowledge was and is insufficient.  I can barely understand the code I was given.)  It was a pain in the neck.

I'm wading into this against by better judgement. blush.gif  However... back before I was managing a shipyard I had a few ideas....

Planetary events and anomalies are where to add things of a... semi-adult nature. However, due the types of aliens in Stellaris, one would probably want to restrict this stuff to humanoids. (Call me crazy, but talking mushrooms getting it on doesn't interest me.)

Anomalies (Here choice as well as scientist skill will affect outcomes.)

• Science team reacts to a planet's spore/plant/something in amorous ways. Depending on choice/skill, could end up a new subspecies on the planet (meaning a pre-sentient version of your species now lives there) OR a new way to increase fertility.
  • A lone alien on a planet captures science team for... (use your imagination), involves sending a military force to either extract them or use the situation to your advantage (newly colonized world with a subspecies of your own).
  • Find an alien device, bring it back to study. Pops go all nuts with only one thing on their mind. Again choice/skill determines outcome.
  • Science team finds ancient alien documentation about opening a sort of wormhole to somewhere. Depending on choice then skill, could end up summoning an alien (ie demon). Results could be: kill it, appease it (gain a new alien pop with interesting abilities), give up science team (new primitive civ created with a subspecies of your own as slaves).

Empire Events (Could be based on ruler's traits, available tech, scientist skill, or just chance.)

• A nutty biology scientists illegally does procreation experiments with a nearby alien race. Tons of possibilities for outcomes including war with the alien race.
  • An up and coming noble/scientist (male or female) attempts to seduce -you- the ruler. Lots of possibilities. New leader with excellent skills, a new ship, or nothing at all depending on choice/chance.
  • A "friendship" of sorts begins to transpire between you and a nearby alien (non humanoid) ruler. Tons of possible outcomes. Including a new heir/leader with... peculiar abilities.
  • You discover by accident one of your top leaders (scientist/general/governor/admiral) is having an affair with an alien. (Could be humanoid or non-humanoid.) Could be all sorts of outcomes from riots, improved alien relations, etc all depending on ethics/skills/chance.
  • A nutty -alien- scientist is abducting some of your people for illegal procreation experiments. (Like the first one except initiated by an alien scientist.)

And so on. laugh.png Even got most of the event images ready to go. But... got a lot of ships to do!

I had some elf-specific ideas as well, likely for a sub-mod. Whether I ever get to it is another question. angel.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived