NVSE 5 Virgin Crahs

SaihsBaxton

Hello, since NVSE 5 is out i run straight into crashes whenever i test a version of it:

-Tried it on 2 PC's with Win 7 (Worked with NVSE 4.9 or lower) and Win 10

-It was a virgin installation on both PC's every fallout related data got deleted and reinstalled streight from Steam in english

-I dont need to install a single mod or even load a dlc to see the crash, i start the game and see the mainmenu even for hours if i would but as soon i try to start a new game i get a crash to desktop

-i download NVSE only from http://nvse.silverlock.org/ so its original i guess

Pls could someone tell me how to the hell i should get NVSE 5 workin for all the new Mods?

Did you start Fallout New Vegas from the Launcer, before trying to start it from NVSE. If not, please do so. The first time you start Fallout New Vegas from the launcer, all kinds of settings are configured.

Did you install all the NVSE files into the Fallout-main directory? The one that contains FalloutNV.exe.

Did you change the fallout.ini, Fallout_default.ini or falloutprefs.ini. If so: Delete/Backup it, restart the Launcher to reinitialize the ini's and try again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, sorry it took a while to get the motivation to fight arround with this problem again but now i made the things you descriped in your post above

Step 1: deleted fallout.ini Fallout_default.ini and everythin in the FalloutNV main folder

Step 2: I let Steam check the FalloutNV datas for broken files the result was ofcourse a redownload

Step 3: Started vanillia FalloutNV via launcher and started a new game (worked fine) and saved it as soon doc mitchell gets the player character up from the bed

Step 4: downloaded NVSE stable version 5.0b3 directly from http://nvse.silverlock.org/

Step 5: I extracted the data via 7-zip to the FalloutNV mainfolder where the FallutNV.exe is

Step 6: after this i started FalloutNV via NVSE and tried to load the Save i made befor and run in to a crash as soon i tried to get a item from a lootbox

Step 7: tried to make a new game that results in the old gamecrash

so i did everythin exactly how i should + i hadnt my kaspersky running to avoid any problems with it - still it wont work at it is

Edit: checked the NVSE 5.0b3 changelog but couldnt find any big changes from NVSE 4.6 Beta 04 to NVSE 5.0 Beta 01 that would kill the game

I tried a non-english version of FalloutNV a long time ago with the same results, now im usin the english version both tested with stable and beta versions of NVSE.

Edit: Maybe its missing dll data in the windows registery, but since i got a new win 10 on a new pc it must be somethin you get with another game or programm, i already sent this problem to the NVSE team and didnt get a answer.

Note that I'm grasping at straws here. If people have other better suggestions to help this user, feel free to comment.

The final thing I can think of is. "Have you installed the game/Steam into program files?" If so, uninstall the Game/Steam and install it outside program files. Microsoft has weird protection rules on the programs and files inside Program Files, which makes them unworkable (in case of Fallout New Vegas)

Steam is located in Program (x86) where it belongs and still every NVSE version under 5.0 works absolutly fine, also every game

Edit: crazy idea and im very thankfull for every tip you gave, but f you want could you please tell which games you had bought arround the date NVSE 5 got released?

Steam is located in Program (x86) where it belongs and still every NVSE version under 5.0 works absolutly fine, also every game

Program files (at least under windows 10, don't know about older windowses) puts a write protection on both the Program files. The only way you, or a game, can edit files is if they are running as administrator.

Just for testing purposes, could you try to move the Fallout New Vegas installation outside of the program files? (Steam --> Richt button on FNV --> Properties --> Local Files --> Move installation dir)

So no one has his Steam in the regular folder program files?

No. If you want to mod your game and not have problems, you do NOT have steam in the program files directory.  This is step 1 for modding.

Note to others, please do NOT discuss pirated games or processes.  It is not allowed here at LL and doing so will result in warnings issued.

'regedit' problem is not a problem at all. You can check it by opening the game launcher and if it didn't show to you an any errors with not installed game, then all works fine. Just launch Steam and try to launch the game from him.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived