xwize's Dynamic Performance Tuner

Enjoy! 

Download and Donation Link:  http://ec2-13-59-185-176.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com/

Are you fed up of making your game look and run great in Sanctuary only to find when you get to downtown Boston everything is a choppy mess?
Wouldn't it be great if the expensive game settings would temporarily lower themselves when you get to an unoptimised zone so your framerate would stay consistent? Well that's exactly what this mod does.

This mod works especially well with the heavy volumetric fog effects introduced with custom pipboy flashlights and the true storms mod. It could for example, adjust the gr quality when you are in foggy weather with flashlight on to recoup some performance. This mod can be used in conjunction with lowered gr grids, 12 or 24 and I recommend to do so.

Game version supported:

Currently only supports the latest 1.10 release on Steam.

How it works:
This mod will dynamically adjust the fShadowDirDistance variable and godray quality in the games memory to try to maintain a fairly stable 60FPS (default). It will also cap the games FPS to 60 and measure the strain on the system to reduce the shadow distance and god ray quality on the fly.  

Known Issues:

Doesn't work with Creation Kit.

Does this work with Reshade/Enb?
I have tested this running with both reshade and enb at the same time! So I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes it does. You must replace your reshade dxgi.dll to dxgi_linked.dll and your reshades dxgi.ini to dxgi_linked.ini. The latest ENB should just work because it uses different dll's.

Hi,

First of all, thank you (again) for your work! Got this while it was still on Nexus, been following it ever since.

My situation is:

- I am using your current version, but I have to keep iPresentInterval = 1 because otherwise I get tearing which I just cannot stand

- As a result, it seems to keep a stable 60 outside the city, and around 40..50 in-city - I am fine with that

- However, I would love to also use the Load Accelerator-like feature - and that one does not work with iPresentInterval = 1, only with 0

Is there any way to reconcile iPresentInterval with load acceleration? Or is there any way to get rid of tearing with iPresentInterval = 0?

Thank you!

Having a issue.

after installing the 2 files for "simple" my game crashes once i go into the city from the combat zone. I'm assuming its because I dont have an ini file for this...

I dont have any other mods running that could cause this I think, they only thing i can think of is F4SE.

edited, i made a mistake INI was there.

I just checked the download and it contains a dxgi.dll and the xdpft.ini you need in both the advanced and simple folders. If you copied both files from the simple folder you should already have the xdpft.ini file you need. If you want to edit the xdpft.ini file you can use any text editor and tweak the settings there.

I just checked the download and it contains a dxgi.dll and the xdpft.ini you need in both the advanced and simple folders. If you copied both files from the simple folder you should already have the xdpft.ini file you need. If you want to edit the xdpft.ini file you can use any text editor and tweak the settings there.

you are right i made a mistake.

but any insight on why I'm crashing as soon as i exit a building?

also getting random crashes to desktop, or freezing. not sure what could cause it, only happens when i install those 2 files.

you are right i made a mistake.

but any insight on why I'm crashing as soon as i exit a building?

also getting random crashes to desktop, or freezing. not sure what could cause it, only happens when i install those 2 files.

The author's original Nexus page had additional installation instructions, but with that gone I haven't a clue. Have you set iPresentInterval=0? Are you using Reshade or an ENB preset with Reshade included? Reshade already uses a dxgi.dll so simply copying the files into the Fallout 4 directory would overwrite an important file, and removing it again wouldn't break the game but would stop Reshade from working correctly. Instructions for using this mod with Reshade are included at the bottom of the first post.

Boston Commons and the area around the Combat Zone are notoriously memory intensive and prone to CTDs or freezes even with plenty of RAM and VRAM installed. Has Windows given you any warnings about running out of memory? The solution to freezes in the area that worked for me turned out to be returning the Page File to system managed rather than the static custom size I was using.

The simple version of this mod just dynamically reduces the shadow draw distance when your FPS drops. In the end, you can do without this mod by reducing this setting in your game and get the the same FPS improvement albeit without the improvement to shadow distance in low stress areas.

Wish I could have helped more, Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...