Immersive Armors and Skyrim Knights Leveled List Compatibility

RichterQ87

So I was wondering, I just downloaded "Skyrim Knights" by Hideouscircus followed by "Skyrim Knights Leveled List Fix" by Dexterman11 to replace the default guard armor in the game and I was wondering how I'd go about providing compatibility for Immersive Armors seeing as that mod too adds new uniforms to some of the highly armored and highly ranked stormcloak/imperial NPC's.

I want Immersive Armors to take priority over Skyrim Knights so that Skyrim Knights just fills in the blanks, so to speak. Problem is, I have no idea how to go about doing this. I've heard about Wrye Bashes, but I have no idea how that works and upon launching it and checking the leveled list option, I noticed Skyrim Knights was missing and I was advised not to uncheck the "automatically" option to add it.

Even if I did, I don't want a Wrye Bash for everything I have, only the two mods, and I don't know how to if possible make a Wrye Bash make certain mods take priority over others. 

So if anyone better versed in these matters could help me I'd appreciate it.

Ok, best I can tell, you only want Skyrim Knights to equip the guard armor, yes? And you don't want Immersive Armor to overwrite that?

Start with Immersive armor. Make that higher in your load order. Assuming you're using Mod Organizer, you're going to want this to have lower priority (left pane) so that Skyrim Knights can overwrite the assets they share. Further, you want the load order priority to load Skyrim Knights later as well (Right pane, under "plugins").

Finally, you'll need Wrye Bash to build the patch. RUN LOOT FIRST. Cannot stress this enough. Run LOOT, make sure Skyrim Knights is loading AFTER Immersive armor, then run Wrye Bash. Right click on the bashed patch, click "Rebuild Patch", follow the prompts, and you should be fine.

Guide for Wrye Bash-Bashed Patch is here. http://wiki.step-project.com/Bashed_Patch

Ok, best I can tell, you only want Skyrim Knights to equip the guard armor, yes? And you don't want Immersive Armor to overwrite that?

Exactly the opposite. I want Immersive Armors still be to used by Stormcloak and Imperial soldiers where applicable, and I want every other guard/soldier uniform that hasn't been modified by Immersive Armors to use Skyrim Knights. So in other words, I don't want Skyrim Knights to overwrite Immersive Armors.

Edit: Also, I use NMM and not mod organizer.

Edit 2: Tried making a bashed patch with /just/ level list option checked and then unticking 'automatic' to add the Skyrim Knights Leveled List Fix then running the patch. Didn't work. Still overwrites Immersive Armors.

Tried mixing things up in the load order by moving immersive armors all the way down to the bottom but that didn't work. Then I tried moving Skyrim Knights all the way down to the bottom and that didn't work either. For some reason Skyrim Knights just overrides Immersive Armors no matter what. It must be for the same reason Skyrim Knights doesn't automatically get added when making a leveled list Wrye Bash. Perhaps the two mods are using different methods of editing the leveled list and Skyrim Knights' method takes priority no matter what.

So yeah, still need help. Sorry for the recurring bumps. They've gotten shorter and shorter the more desperate I get when I try a new solution which isn't a solution and I just want to be able to play the game without it breaking every few hours. I guess that's what you get when you keep adding more and more mods. This one isn't exactly game breaking but it's still a pain and I'd rather fix it before I keep playing.

Yeah, I wouldn't even know how to go about doing that. I've taken a quick peek at the Skyrim Knights mod through the Creation Kit before and I only half understand how it's done. Don't want to screw things up, and it'd be a lot of work to do that. It'd be easier to try and remove some of the changes that Skyrim Knights make rather than doing that, but even then I'd have to find out which values I'd have to change and I'm not sure I understand enough about the Creation Kit to do that. 

Guess I could try removing just the NPC's affected and seeing if that's enough so I don't have to mess with any other group values, but Immersive Armors doesn't modify the leveled list via NPC values, so I wouldn't even know what changes from Skyrim Knights to remove. So I'm kind of at an impasse here and still need help.

So after taking another look into both Skyrim Knights and Immersive armors, it would appear that Immersive Armors registers its values via the "leveled items" list, as is the custom, while Skyrim Knights appears to edit them by going through each and individual NPC and applying the armor to them (although granted there are five values there which have to do with weapons mostly, apparently. Not sure how that works.)

So since Skyrim Knights edits the NPCs themselves, it looks like that takes priority instead of the leveled items. So that means I'd have to go through each and every NPC value and delete each one I don't want overriding Immersive Armors. Problem is, without a side-by-side comparison of the two mods and their changes, I won't know which values to delete. Especially since most of these values don't even have names and I don't know which ones Immersive Armor is affecting. And further more, there's an NPC in-game that's being affected by Skyrim Knights but I don't see his NPC value, so that must mean that he's being affected in some OTHER way that I don't know about.

So yeah, I seriously need help. If someone better versed in these things could take a gander at Skyrim Knights and tell me how it does its other changes, and maybe even telling me how to get a list of which NPC's Immersive Armor affects, I'd be very grateful.

Update, Skyrim Knights isn't /just/ changing NPCs, but also factions. So if an NPC is tagged by a certain faction, say CWFieldCOSons (Stormcloak Field Commander), then it's affected by Skyrim Knights. That must be why an NPC that wasn't specifically included in the NPC values got affected.

I'm beginning to understand this better. I guess I just have to go through and delete all changes made to certain factions. AKA Officer factions, if possible. But if an NPC is tagged by the general "stormcloak" faction, I'd imagine he'd still get changed if that's left unmodified.  I dunno. I'm going to dig more into this and see if I can find out how to do this.

Archived