Any way to change a misc item into a chest armor slot item?

Fishman51

So im trying to use http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24183-hdt-test-skirts/ but when equipping the skirt its invisible untill i remove chest armor so i cant use both but i need to have armor on to have some defenses and i would do that by using a transmog mod to switch the armor value of 2 chest armors but since the skirt is a misc item i cant do that

Is there any way to change that misc item into a chest armor? like some program to mod it maybe?

And the mod creator has been inactive for a few months so no use in posting there

Or just alternate question, why does the skirt not show with a chest armor equipped?

Thanks!

The reason is because "chest" armors fill more slots than just the chest.  You need to open the meshes for the skirts in NifSkope and change their slot(s), then go into the Creation Kit and do the same to the ESP.

Thanks for the fast reply but i havent used nifskope for that and never used the ck so mind guiding me a bit?

and do you only need to edit the nif files in nifskope or the xml thats in the same folder with the same name aswell?

Looking at the meshes, it doesn't seem like they have an EditorVisible slot defined, in which case, only the .esp needs to be edited.

In the CK, the skirt is set for slot 49, and a priority of 5. No vanilla armors take slot 49. Chest (Body) pieces usually take 32 (Body), 34 (Forearms) and 38 (Calves).

What armor are you having trouble with?

You could try setting the priority of the ArmorAddon to 10 or 15 instead. (Armor or clothing with higher priority numbers override lower. Naked body = 0, Armor (body) = 5, Gauntlets/Boots = 10). Be sure to change it in the female box. Priority for males and females are set separately.

Tip: Don't search for Skirt with the Filter, you won't find it. Search for HDT instead.

Looking at the meshes, it doesn't seem like they have an EditorVisible slot defined, in which case, only the .esp needs to be edited.

In the CK, the skirt is set for slot 49, and a priority of 5. No vanilla armors take slot 49. Chest (Body) pieces usually take 32 (Body), 34 (Forearms) and 38 (Calves).

What armor are you having trouble with?

You could try setting the priority of the ArmorAddon to 10 or 15 instead. (Armor or clothing with higher priority numbers override lower. Naked body = 0, Armor (body) = 5, Gauntlets/Boots = 10). Be sure to change it in the female box. Priority for males and females are set separately.

Tip: Don't search for Skirt with the Filter, you won't find it. Search for HDT instead

Having trouble with every armor, modded or vanilla, it doesnt show with any armor on

Did you change the slot for both the Armor and ArmorAddon?

If you changed it to 32, your body became invisible because you were overriding the body mesh, but the skirt doesn't include a body.

Armor is not a function of slot, it is a function of stats and Keywords.

Did you change the slot for both the Armor and ArmorAddon?

If you changed it to 32, your body became invisible because you were overriding the body mesh, but the skirt doesn't include a body.

Armor is not a function of slot, it is a matter of stats and Keywords.

Yup i only switched the armoraddon, and i do have devious devices installed so ill try to look if thats the case

I reinstalled the mod to discard my own changes but somehow it kept the same esp values? scary but good thing i remembered the defaults

Yeah disabling the long hair removal fixed it thank you very much, wonder how its gonna affect DD though

Archived