Memory help.

IGotBored

I keep getting a message from crash fixes saying it failed to allocate memory. This only started to happen about a month ago and the length of time i can play without ctd varies, sometimes i can play for an hour or more and other times its only 15 min. I'm wondering if i need to upgrade my ram or if there's a way i can fix it without removing too much. I've had the same load order for the past 3 months and I've only had to deal with stutter when opening up the menu.

PC specs:

CPU:AMD FX six core 3.5 ghz

GPU: Geforce GTX 960

RAM:8 GB Corsair Vengeance

Motherboard: MSI 970  DDR3

Load order:

loadorder.txt

I'm not sure how important my specs are to this but its there if you need it. If you need anything else like papyrus logs and ini files just ask. I would appreciate any help someone could give. Please help and Thank you.

For the Old Skyrim, you don't need to upgrade your memory. You might consider testing it in case there is some hard ware issues with it as well as the video card if it only happens when playing with games or other graphic intensive software. Should be some free software like memtest (for memory) that you could find to test these pieces of hardware.

Your load order likely isn't the issue either as you shouldn't have a sudden change since you haven't changed it (or the order of the mods in any way I assume) and this is a more recent issue.

You can try to start a new game after saving your old saves and see if it is just a save file issue otherwise it might be that something went corrupt in your load order.

^ just a few random things you can check out until some experts on Skyrim and its load order (specifically those mods you are using) arrive :) Good luck

I can play for around 2-3 hours depending on how much i do on a new save. 

Try allocating more memory to the skse ini. You can find it in your data folder under the same name. Increase it by 256 and set it to read only. This helped my game was at 768 increased it to 1024.

This help a bit. I have it set to 1024. Is it a problem if i increase it more?

Try allocating more memory to the skse ini. You can find it in your data folder under the same name. Increase it by 256 and set it to read only. This helped my game was at 768 increased it to 1024.

That is not recommended from what I have read before. If you are getting 2-3 hours of play before ctd then it will be a pain to find your problem. A general reduction in mods may be needed. TESVedit could help you as well but it will require some learning. I have been modding Sky for a little over a year and only now sort of understand how these tools work.

That is not recommended from what I have read before. If you are getting 2-3 hours of play before ctd then it will be a pain to find your problem. A general reduction in mods may be needed. TESVedit could help you as well but it will require some learning. I have been modding Sky for a little over a year and only now sort of understand how these tools work.
If that's the case then I need to optimize my load order and figure out what I don't need. And what gives the most

Try to watch what you are doing and see if there is any similarities when you CTD. I had a problem with Skyrim and it was a pain in my alien ass and in time figured out it was some armors that I had and only females. I removed that and it worked from that point on. Not sure what was the issue but it would crash at random when dealing with Bandits in those armors. (added ones)

Try to watch what you are doing and see if there is any similarities when you CTD. I had a problem with Skyrim and it was a pain in my alien ass and in time figured out it was some armors that I had and only females. I removed that and it worked from that point on. Not sure what was the issue but it would crash at random when dealing with Bandits in those armors. (added ones)

Alright thanks. it would usually happen when i would get into a fight or traveling fast or walking. Quick question though looking at my mods is there anything you would recommend removing? I'm already gonna get rid of most of my follower mods. 

Alright thanks. it would usually happen when i would get into a fight or traveling fast or walking. Quick question though looking at my mods is there anything you would recommend removing? I'm already gonna get rid of most of my follower mods. 

It is a long shot my thought. It was shear chance that I tripped across themod that caused me troubles in my example. However, to answer your question think of mods that change or add animations for fighting, or traveling (if you crash on fast travel ;)) Try with out those.

Also thought about someting that is also a long shot. I pulled an old MO Skyrim out and started using it. It didn't work property all sorts of issues. It worked properly before. Couldn't figure out why,it didn't make any sense. I had some time and was updating my archives of mods so I reinstalled the mods on my list and about 2/3s of the way down (tryijng every so often) I noticed it was getting better. Not perfect but better. Random errors didn't happen and the game time I had was getting longer from about an hour to 3 hours (and more later after refreshing the rest)

In your case, your install I assume is newer than my 4 or so year old backed up system but I suspect that the mods themselves could get bad just like any save could get corrupted. I believe someone above mentioned that your mods are script heavy which I suppose could cause either to be an issue.

Bottom line if it continues to give you troubles copy the list and make notes on what you did and try a Nuke and reinstall

Oh, forgot.. in cases like this I just verify cache to be sure it isn't something to do with the game. Doesn't hurt and doesn't take much time.

I have a ton of follower mods - yes they add load but unless they are custom voiced/quest it's more textures than script.  First make sure you have not updated a mod but not checked if it's dependencies have updated - I've done that recently lol.  Do you use ENB Boost?  (don't have to use ENB, but the boost is nice).

Is your skeleton up to date?  You have custom races - are their skeletons/dependencies ok?

Just some more thoughts :)

I have a ton of follower mods - yes they add load but unless they are custom voiced/quest it's more textures than script.  First make sure you have not updated a mod but not checked if it's dependencies have updated - I've done that recently lol.  Do you use ENB Boost?  (don't have to use ENB, but the boost is nice).

Is your skeleton up to date?  You have custom races - are their skeletons/dependencies ok?

Just some more thoughts :)

Lol at this point i just nuked my game and starting over but ill keep this in mind 

Make sure you do some testing as you add groups of mods to the game.

I suggest you do a run through to the exit from the cave near Helgan at the start of the game. Then start adding mods to that save. Make a copy for future use as well. So long as there isnt' an update you should be good with using this with testing. Each time you start use that save (clean save) to do first run of testing. Good point to return to if you suspect something is screwed up on your game.

This is why I don't try to use custom races- kinda a pain. I tried several custom races before and for various reasons I stopped using them. Didn't like the end results of 2 of them, couldn't get the skin textures to look right on a third and the most recent just had too many dependencies for my liking. I really like the succubus one but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

OP if you get to a point in your modded game where you feel you have done everything right and it still doesn't work- try verifying your game files through Steam. This helped me recently on my game.

Archived