Can't find objects when loaded into Creation Kit...

Awkward Nymph

I'm trying to learn more about modding and I want to import some modder's resources into Skyrim that I can access via console.

I have the folders correct, meshes and textures in Skyrim data folder, but when I give it a name and I see it exists in the object edit window...I click 'ok' and when I try to search and find it, I can't.

I'm idiotic when it comes to technical stuff and I googled the problem with re-phrasing multiple times now, so I just posted this issue here.

If you can help I'd appreciate it.  

Can you give a more detailed description of what you're doing?

Also: The Creation Kit search function searches the EditorID, not the name of the item as seen in game. Are you assigning an EditorID? If not, it'll be blank. If you're using an existing item as a template, you need to change the EditorID, or it will simply change the item you're using. You should get a window asking if you want to create a new form.

Can you give a more detailed description of what you're doing?

Also: The Creation Kit search function searches the EditorID, not the name of the item as seen in game. Are you assigning an EditorID? If not, it'll be blank. If you're using an existing item as a template, you need to change the EditorID, or it will simply change the item you're using. You should get a window asking if you want to create a new form.

Hi, thanks for replying.

I downloaded resources from Nexus, like furniture and food resources.  I'm trying to decorate a castle mod with Jaxon static mover so I'm trying to import items to add by console in Skyrim.

I place them in meshes and textures folder and they show up in creation kit, then I type in an ID name so I can find it, like: "WitcherAddons" and when the box disappears after I press OK, I search in the object window and can't find it.

Ok, troubleshooting. Let's take food.

So you go to Magic -> Potion.

Right-Click in the Object Window and pick New.

You can pick the model you want in the Model field, and it shows the file path when you click OK.

You type in the EditorID you want in the ID box in the top left corner.

You click OK.

You can't find your new object in the Object Window?

You've tried using the Filter above the main list?

You're sure you're looking for what you typed in the ID box and not the Name box?

You're sure you're looking in the right (sub)division?

Archived