MBP vs OCO

So I finally have all the files and what not needed to use MBP once again...buuut I don't even know what MBP DOES.

I only really use Oblivion Character Overhaul to rid of the ugly vanilla heads / faces, so if Beautiful People / MBP does the same thing to some extent, then huzzah.

So out of the 2 (oco, mbp), which should I use?

Some of the custom races i really wanna use require MBP, but If it doesn't fix the ugly vanilla stuff, then meh

MBP by itself does nothing. It's a framework.

You know, kind of like Sexlab or Lovers by themselves do nothing?

There is an MBP-based replacer somewhere around the forums, if you're inclined to search for it.

However, do note that MBP and OCO have wildly differing ideas to how characters should look.

The advantage MBP has over OCO is that it is required by some Lovers mods.

Though while on its own, MBP does nothing, it does add races and modifies so some for vanilla characters. SO if you wanted to use it with OCO or OCOv2, you'll have to install a patch to allow them to work together, without any graphical bugs, lke googly eyes.

The style of MBP is also different. It was made  by japanese modders iirc, so it'll have those characteristics, plus they'll aim to be a bit less lore friendly than OCO tries to be.

Though while on its own, MBP does nothing, it does add races and modifies so some for vanilla characters. SO if you wanted to use it with OCO or OCOv2, you'll have to install a patch to allow them to work together, without any graphical bugs, lke googly eyes.

The style of MBP is also different. It was made  by japanese modders iirc, so it'll have those characteristics, plus they'll aim to be a bit less lore friendly than OCO tries to be.

Edit: I assume there's some order i need to install / activate the mods in, since last time i tried activating beautiful people and all that, it wanted to like overwrite everything OCO did.

ehhh, i could care less about "lore-friendly" at this point x3

I just want to make the characters not look all ugly and what not, so if there IS a patch to make the two work together, i really need it.

Edit: I assume there's some order i need to install / activate the mods in, since last time i tried activating beautiful people and all that, it wanted to like overwrite everything OCO did.

ehhh, i could care less about "lore-friendly" at this point x3

I just want to make the characters not look all ugly and what not, so if there IS a patch to make the two work together, i really need it.

Well, I just installed MBP first, then OCO with all of it's pathces for bodies and then the googly eye patch. I don't know if this is the correct instalation order, but hey, it's worked for me so far.

If I'm not mistaken, this should be the patch I''m taking about: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46254/?

Archived