Cant get past Riverwood :( CTD hell.

sophiextime

Hello.

I wanted to ask for help and for someone to have a look at my load order i am posting as well as my papyrus log ( which i know is likely to not show much).

I have 123 mods which i think is pretty modest compared to many who have between 200 and 300 mods in the skyrim game.

I have on advice removed a lot of heavy script mods ( all sex mods such as sexlab, creature framework, working girl, Radiant Prostitution...basically all sexual mods gone), removed Frostfall, Wet & Cold, SkyTest animals mod as well as a few others i really didnt want.

So i have started completely from scratch on this current mod list and load order. I start the game fine, make it to Riverwood and head to Bleakfalls Barrow. get the claw. head back to Riverwood. as i approach Riverwood i CTD. once i reload a save close to the town a few times i eventually manage to get my game to let me back into Riverwood. i give the claw to the store keeper. Thne i head towards Whiterun. i get as bar as the first farm and bam. CTD. and i have been reloading a save from the top of the hill and constantly trying to get to Whiterun but i cant even get close to its stables.

I am at a loss. I think i have a fairly safe mod list but i just for the life of me cant get to Whiterun at all. I feel lucky i even got past riverwood.

Is there any blindingly obvious conflicts anyone can see or mods thats a huge NO NO?

I have run LOOT and no warning or errors. I have also checked Tes5edit and no issues. I have ran FNIS generated for users and all good. No flags of concern on my Mod Organizer. I have even cleaned with my SaveCleaner program my ave and no Script Instances found.

What am i doing wrong thats halting me from playing my game for more than 4 or 5 minutes before i almost religiously CTD?!!!

I just want to play a stable game with the mods i have. At the rate i am dropping mods i will end up with just a vanilla game :(

Help please!!

Load order 17092017.txt

Papyrus.0.log

i dont have a skse memory patch , no. I was wondering it the Intersting NPC's was doing it. BUT there is no mention of it at all in the papyrus. wouldnt it hint that the cause prior to Skyrim CTDing? i kind of guessed the log would give some indication which mod or script was the one that iminently closed it down.

I will try with that mod deactivated.

I dont use any weather mods other than the one in the ELFX mod. and ironically its always been a clear blue sky when i crash. 

Its heartbreaking as i just want to explore and adventure :(

Sounds a bit like it's crashing on load of a new cell or particular cell? Try disabling weather mods or mods with lods / billboards?

Also disable 3dnpc.esp "immersive npcs?", disable it and forget that it ever existed. 

Out of curiosity why do you dislike Interesting NPC mod? i have used that mod for years and have never had any problems with it and any other mods i use, including SexLab mods.

i'm not even sure i'd enjoy Skyrim as much without the neat story-rich NPCs that mod adds.

Well i just uninstalled 3DNPC's and no crash. i even sprinted and jumped about and tried hard to CTD my game but it wouldnt. i spirinted all the way to the whiterun gates, slapped the guard and ran to the stables being chased and no CTD!

AND even my game stutter has gone. I was having an annoying game frame stutter every 8 seconds when i timed it. Thats gone too. I am guessing 3DNPC's was constantly scripting and checking before. How can a mod like that strain my game so badly?

Don't be suspicious of mods just because they run scripts. I think the worry about overloading of scripts is overblown. It's easy to assume a load order of 100 mods means 100 mods all hammering papyrus all of the time. It's not like that.

When a mod author feels the need to advertise that their mod contains no scripts. I just wonder how much better their mod would have been with scripts.

I would not countenance any criticism of another persons mod.

When a mod author feels the need to advertise that their mod contains no scripts. I just wonder how much better their mod would have been with scripts.

why would it be better by adding scripts it have no use for it?

170917053609148392.jpg

that fixation on scripts is because of the ones attached to all npc

impact of auto unequip ammo on performance is lower than those actives effects

170917053605669960.jpg

but they can't see that in their useless papyrus log so they don't care about it

why would it be better by adding scripts it have no use for it?

Why did you post those xedit screenshots? What are you defending? I was talking about modding in general not singling out a specific mod. I know very well that I can do things that are far more interactive in a mod with scripting rather than without. I have done so. And let's be honest, it is simply common sense.

I'm happy that you found a fix that worked.  I would recommend installing a bashed patch tho.  Very easy to beat up on a particular mod when it causes issues, but others do not always experience the same.  Appreciate the people that let us use their work and realize that everything will not work for everyone :)

You need to set skse ini tweaks for memory allocation. Enbboost (at the least) will help with vram sorcery as well. Skyrim will crash if you hit 3.1g system ram usage. Enbs take the load off of system ram.

3.1g is very easy to reach when using mods. Without an enb you are doomed to forever have a small load order. That is all.

I am sorry if i seemed to beat up on 3DNPC. I do very much appreciate the huge input that mod gives to the game and the idea of so many new NPC's with their own quests and stories was why i had it added in the first place. Maybe it isnt that mod that caused the issue. maybe it was just a strange setup. But i am now finding in my own personal case without that mod my game seems stable and a lot happier and i have been playing for 3 hours without even a hitch since removing it, compared to before when i was lucky to not CTD within 3 to 4 minutes.

I am very sure a lot of people have that mod and love and enjoy it and if anything i envy them as i wish i could. But i am personally content that i have a stable game even if it is minus that awesome mod.

Thank you for suggesting i try removing that particular mod Carabosse. It helped. :)

Archived