Q: How can I make an entire Race utilize a Bodyslide preset?

Pygmalion696

My apologies if this question has already been answered in another thread.

I like the idea behind the mod 'Unique Bodies By Race', but I'm wondering if it's possible to utilize a single body-mesh (UUNPS in default UNP proportions, or CoS in default CBBE proportions) and assign different Bodyslide presets to each race.
This could eliminate the need for Skyrim to load more than six body meshes for Playable races into memory (humanoid/Argonian/Khajit male & female, eight if you're keeping Elders as a separate mesh, plus two more if you're using a "playable children" mod like RCoverhaul), and eliminate any requirements for multiple meshes on the same Outfit pieces.

Can this be done with renaming the Bodyslide preset and a small .esp to direct each race to use the preset against the primary mesh?
(And if a mod that does this already exists, could someone help me with a link to it?)

Yes is can be done and it has been done.

As for the mod that does it... i cant recall, its been some time and honestly im just too lazy to go find it.

You would still need to fiddle with the esp to get it to play nice with other race changing mods that you might have in your list but it can be done and is fairly easy to do.

iirc there might have been some issues with seams and whatnot... again its been a long time. Keep in mind also that armor and skimpy armors (bikini and the like) will have issues with the body if its too far different. This whole bodyslide body per race thing is good for subtle changes, but its jarring when you take some armor of someone and bam, body is vastly different or worse still, the armor digs into the body at various places.

Yes is can be done and it has been done.

As for the mod that does it... i cant recall, its been some time and honestly im just too lazy to go find it.

<snip'd for space>

Well, it's good to know that it's possible (and I wouldn't be trying to "reinvent the wheel"), but it'd be good to know the name of the mod you say will do this.  Do you remember if it was on LL, Nexus, or some other site?

(I don't expect I'd have a huge problem with mesh distortions; I'm not planning on trying to make 7base-Bombshell outfits conform to UNPpetite bodies, or anything that silly... I'd just like to have my elves a fair-bit more slender and graceful than my Nords without making my CPU scream from trying to load seven meshes for the same armor.)

Was on the nexus, not sure about here on LL.

Was fairly old too iirc, small file size though as it was just an esp and 2x nif files per race.

Ill have a look around and see if i can find it, got that itch all of a sudden.

Edit:

Ok, so a bit of tooling about and i cant find what mod i was talking about.

There is every possibility that its been removed or updated (and the old version removed).

to that end, i did find an old mod that is almost the same... will still take a bit of tweaking to work properly but its a start.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20145/?

Nerts.  I think what I'm going to have to do is doctor 'Unique Bodies by Race' with its' 'Unique Textures' secondary...
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75014/?

...assigning copies of the same meshes to each race initially, creating the Bodyslide Presets I want for each race, and then manually adjusting each race's .nif to accomodate the individual Bodyslide settings, weight sliders, and texture paths.
It'll be ugly for a while, and my setup will still need to load all the individual body meshes and textures, but it'll still allow me to keep with a single mesh & texture for each armor piece.
Might even upload it when/if I get it finished.

Thinking about it, though, it could also allow me to doctor a few of the standalone-follower mods (Bijin, etc.) to point at the common meshes or textures for each race, rather than chewing up VRAM with individualized ones.
Thanks.  So maybe you couldn't hand me a pre-fab solution, but the brainstorming was helpful all-the-same.

you can switch every npc to be with a custom body (and with it´s own skin) -as long the engine will support it..."very time-consumting job"...and far away of needs

best is, to edit the stuff by CK and work manually...

CK can handle for every character a unique face, -body, -hair, -feet, -hands and -clothing...so everything what the mods promise, could become true.

All races with different body -why not.

Archived