[WIP] Boston Commonwealth Recon and Assault Militia (name not final)

the.samedog

So i'm working on this mod and the main idea is to provide 3 new companions, a scripted "assault team" (something like synth relay granades but with vertibirds/rappel/MAGIC/something instead of *POOF army*), and a good ammount of quests (one main, some side quests and repeatable ones) and maybe a rooftop settlement.

The background for this group is simple: a bunch of militants created small outpost on top of some buildings as recon/observation spots to ensure caravans safe travel and the idea caught on to the point of creating small settlements on the upper floors of some tall buildings.

so far i have some questions:

• What do you guys think about a working settlement on top (or on the upper floors) of a partially destroyed building?
  • How important is affinity (affinity quests, moral system, likes/dislikes, relationship) in *YOUR OPINION* for a companion? (i'm using the in-game affinity likes/dislikes system)

Also the backstory is not solid yet i have these two options:

1. They are remnants of the pre-quincy minutemen (recon/sniper/assault small team) who never arrived (maybe they were way up north or checking nuka world [to make a nice mod->base transition]) and after the whole Quincy shitstorm instead of becoming gunners or raiders most of them decided to stay true to their motto and help clearing the way for caravans/traders from the rooftops.

2. They are remnants of a group similar to the B.o.S. who got institute'd to oblivion (similar to university point) due to knowledge and use of pre-war technology, after that some trained members recruited people and started a small militia to help others (since the minutemen are no more after Quincy).

(i like the minutemen option, the second one requieres more work to explain the original group, and add some "lore" to the mod)

The first base/mini-settlement i'm working on is the Darthmouth professional building, since it's close to Diamond City, it's pretty tall and i didn't have to delete any spawn point or modify too much of the base game.

Any suggestions?

NPCs, may waewr custom armors (a friend is willing to help with the models) 

I'm actually curious about your plan.

As for the affinity, I would like it, maybe with or without romance. Both sexes of course.

As for the settlement, why not to don't have the "main base" of this militia without any active settlement, but with this faction doing the same (of sorts) as the Minutemens., Minus the fact, you won't retake the Castle.

I'm actually editing the building now and is the main base also moved some spawn points within the same cell, so far is coming really nice. About the idea of a "some sort of minutemen group" i decided to keep them apart even if they were members before Quincy (keeping route 1) will add some conditional dialogue and quests if the castle was retaken but they will still operate independently.

I'm going as fast as my potato-for-a-laptop allows me to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I actually prefer your second idea for the faction. Them being a separate group who was similar to the BoS rather than the Minutemen, as this would explain how they have access to the equipment as opposed to the Minutemen who literally have a hand cranked Pipe Lazer rifle and a shirt, until you start manually equipping them with better armour. Maybe they're the descendants of the pre-War National Guard and/or a private military contractor/arms manufacturers who rode out the bombs in a network of bunkers for a couple of generations.   It would also lend credence to them supporting the player character being an Army veteran/lawyer. 

Archived