Full computer crashes

screamingbees

okay, so I've been playing the sims 4 with mods for awhile, but every time i play with Wickedwhims in the EA files, my computer crashes! It just shuts off and restarts even if i wasn't using the animations.

I recently downloaded the Get to work expansion pack and it only made this worse. Now i can't play for more than 10 minutes without my computer restarting. It runs fine if i take out ALL of my custom content, but obviously it isn't as fun to play that way. i used to at least be able to play with just my normal mods installed, but now it crashes the same way as if i had been using WickedWhims

PLEASE HELP ME I'VE BEEN MESSING WITH THE GAME AND DELETING TONS OF MODS FOR A WEEK NOW!

Dont rule out hardware.

I get a similar issue, and it pops up sporadically Sims 4 is a game that can trigger it but its not the only one (Xcom2 and Rebel Galaxy are 2 that its happened to me on, and RG if it happens completely breaks the savegames forcing a new start.)

What I found with mine I had Asus Surge protection enabled within the BIOS configuration. I disabled it as it can cause false restarts. But this didnt stop the issue, I solved it temporarily by opening the case and cleaning the fans heatsinks and circuitboards, I also took out the graphics card and put it back in (after a clean).

Didnt have a lot of dust, at least Ive cleaned out worse before but lo and behold the problem stopped. It will then happen again when the dust builds up enough to hinder the fans or something. Not 100% sure why its crashing my PC as the temperatures are not really hot enough to cause an issue. Ive had to do this twice this year.

If you want a tip for cleaning the components I use an old foundation brush, but if the dust is filed up you may need a cotton bud.

• 3 weeks later...

@R-Lo I updated Wickedwhims to see if that would fix it, so it's up to date, still crashing unfortunately! Right now i have basic mods, like eyes, clothes, accessories, etc. I tried running with every folder out but it didn't change anything. I'm just at a loss at this point! 

@eowijn weird! do you know what it was about nvidea experience that made it crash? Maybe i'll try that

@R-Lo I updated Wickedwhims to see if that would fix it, so it's up to date, still crashing unfortunately! Right now i have basic mods, like eyes, clothes, accessories, etc. I tried running with every folder out but it didn't change anything. I'm just at a loss at this point!

@eowijn weird! do you know what it was about nvidea experience that made it crash? Maybe i'll try that

Could you post some screenshots of you mods folder please, I'm not an expert but it'll be easier to help this way,

You may have a stray TS3 package or txt.doc which can be easily missed :)

Could you post some screenshots of you mods folder please, I'm not an expert but it'll be easier to help this way,

You may have a stray TS3 package or txt.doc which can be easily missed :)

I have my mods separated into folders, but i'll look through them to make sure a TS3 file didn't slip in there!  :P

Archived