SKSE64 2.0.0 alpha released

znaroks

should we even bother with Skse64 and Special edition ? im running my oldrim with +1100 mods and some 6000 animations,i hit the animation limit but thats pretty much the only limit i've hit,other than the limit for my hard drive at 90gbs :ph34r: ,0 crashes in 8 hours straight (thats the most i've played consecutively) all through massive script load,

i don't see why special edition would even be a thing,anyone care to elaborate?

Yes, we should. People who want to move to SE now have a powerful tool to port more mods from Oldrim and create new ones with SKSE.

People who want to stay at Oldrim can ignore SE. Others can play both.

If you don't understand why SE is a thing, just ignore SE. No need for another thread leading to love/hate about SE and Oldrim. Peace.

should we even bother with Skse64 and Special edition ? im running my oldrim with +1100 mods and some 6000 animations,i hit the animation limit but thats pretty much the only limit i've hit,other than the limit for my hard drive at 90gbs :ph34r: ,0 crashes in 8 hours straight (thats the most i've played consecutively) all through massive script load,

The fact that you have to say 0 crashes in 8 hours is the difference between Oldrim and SE. Don't really need to count the hours for a crash in SE.

Basically Oldrim with enough mods(Enough that most feel the need to constantly remind others LOOK NO CRASHES WITH THIS MANY MODS) is a bomb that you don't know when it will explode. 

Don't gotta worry about that bomb ever going off in SE.

Its still missing a few things but as everyone can see, its getting there with or without SKSE

Fuz Roh Doh has a 32bit SKSE plugin so it's hardly suprising it doesn't work. Though others are saying it does work, perhaps based on MCM success...

Plugin? What plugin? The download from nexus didn't have any plugin.

It has a SKSE plugin, which is why I wrote "32bit SKSE plugin". Which means it places a 32bit DLL in SKSE\Plugins folder that will never work with SKSE64.

Any mod with a dll has to be recompiled to 64bit in order for it to work. These will take a while to come out. I know there is a framework in the making to help make this process easier. But for now until it comes out. We'll have to wait patiently for Racemenu and OSA to work properly. 

It'll be more then just being recompiled.  Some will have to be rewritten from the ground up because the registers and functions no longer exist.  On top of that specific functions and registers in skse64 don't exist yet, so until they're written and tested they can't be rewritten or recompiled.  Fuz Roh Doh is a good example, it's based on 3 previous x32 versions(FO3/NV/Oblivion) rebuilt around newer updated functions that don't exist right now. 

Waiting patiently is the only thing you can do, and I wish more people would do it.  It's not fun logging in and seeing 290 messages over on the nexus saying "are you going to port this to the special ed?"  When the best answer you can give is "depends on what the skse team does."  And you can bet a lot of other authors are seeing the same, and I can bet that some authors are already getting swarmed with messages on here asking the same thing. 

The fact that you have to say 0 crashes in 8 hours is the difference between Oldrim and SE. Don't really need to count the hours for a crash in SE.

Basically Oldrim with enough mods(Enough that most feel the need to constantly remind others LOOK NO CRASHES WITH THIS MANY MODS) is a bomb that you don't know when it will explode. 

Don't gotta worry about that bomb ever going off in SE.

Its still missing a few things but as everyone can see, its getting there with or without SKSE

So its just in order to stop your OCD :D? oh well im not arguing wether its right or wrong,just wanted to know how you see it from your perspective,i can respect that just fine.

I've only come across a few issues so far testing SKSE64.

1.  Settings/display crash in SKYUI that I think is already fixed in the official but unreleased port

2.  Camera related SKSE mods don't seem to do anything but don't seem to cause any harm

3.  More Hotkeys Please doesn't work and throws an error about skse needing to be installed despite me having 2.0.2 installed.

4.  Autosave Manager incremental named saves end up under all saves instead of saved under the name of your character in SE's built in profile system.

All of the other SKSE mods I've tried that do not require additional plugins work flawlessly and I went out of my way to install as many as I could find.

now we just wait for HDT  extensions ....

I'm wondering that myself. Will Hydro do the extension or Go SMP HDT? I was looking into SMP and it' kind of scares me. It plugs into your CPU and... Does funny stuff. 

well so far i cant say im happy with skse64 ... 

I was working on creating some physics extensions for HDT, [seemed to work] ..

then i drafted a HDT breast collisions/butt ect addon , seemed to CTD after  each pass at tweaking ..[very annoying] removed both and then now all saves CTD after removal   ... 

even ones prior to skse64 ... rather annoying , now having to reinstall skryim and all my mods -1k + of them- 

so just a forewarning , id leave it alone for now 

I'm wondering that myself. Will Hydro do the extension or Go SMP HDT? I was looking into SMP and it' kind of scares me. It plugs into your CPU and... Does funny stuff. 

then i drafted a HDT breast collisions/butt ect addon , seemed to CTD after  each pass at tweaking ..[very annoying] removed both and then now all saves CTD after removal   ... 

even ones prior to skse64 ... rather annoying , now having to reinstall skryim and all my mods -1k + of them- 

They have to be rewritten from the ground up. What did you use. Are you using NMM? Because MO2 I've done similar and wasn't having issues. 

They have to be rewritten from the ground up. What did you use. Are you using NMM? Because MO2 I've done similar and wasn't having issues. 

yes using NMM  and i was rebuilding from ground up :/ , it was just bad, i have to nuke NMM and skyrim from system and now to a fresh reinstall  , it happens from time to time 

yes using NMM  and i was rebuilding from ground up :/ , it was just bad, i have to nuke NMM and skyrim from system and now to a fresh reinstall  , it happens from time to time 

Be sure to check the folders for any stray files before reinstalling. It happened to me once and caused a lot of frustration before I realized that there were files and folders that refused to be deleted.

Be sure to check the folders for any stray files before reinstalling. It happened to me once and caused a lot of frustration before I realized that there were files and folders that refused to be deleted.

Check your program files too. They'll hide in there. 

Check your program files too. They'll hide in there. 

yeah i nuked them thanks :/ that was irritating 

[this time i ran it in a virtual machine as to not affect my real game , yay ...]

seems that the ctd was caused by a confliction with SE realistic forces and the skse64  ...?

- i have no clue why  , probably cause there is a hook or something, i dont have time to investigate it to i just wont use it-

so maybe that will help some , so far im playing with a hdt plugin and collisions physics extenstion now and getting..meh results but its "working" slight bounces ...

hopefully someone better can redev the old plugins ._ . 

I'm having an issue where after loading through MO2 I get error messages after closing it about it not having enough memory to write things or something. Is there some setting or such I am unaware of that I need to change?

I've been having this issue for quite a while, but other than that MO2 still runs smoothly after every reboot and the game still runs. Annoying mostly.

I'm having an issue where after loading through MO2 I get error messages after closing it about it not having enough memory to write things or something. Is there some setting or such I am unaware of that I need to change?

I've been having this issue for quite a while, but other than that MO2 still runs smoothly after every reboot and the game still runs. Annoying mostly.

It pretty much does the same for me after running just the base game, ck, xedit and doing anything that changes files, just close mo2 down and re start it and it should sort it out, or at least it does for me anyway. 

It is from what I am aware a known bug with mo2, just looks like LePresidente is not getting very far if anywhere with the development of mo2 at present.

Supposedly HydrogensaysHDT just updated HDT SMP on Baidu.  Not sure if it's for LE or SE.  Can anyone confirm this?

If true at least she is still active.

I highly doubt Hydro updated it to 64bit just yet. We'd have to see if it was 64bbit oursselves. Plus you'll still need something to plug into SSE in that case. Does anyone have contact with Hydro to see if she did a conversion to 64bit or 32bit? I've tried to contact her, but with no lucky as of right now. 

Supposedly HydrogensaysHDT just updated HDT SMP on Baidu.  Not sure if it's for LE or SE.  Can anyone confirm this?

If true at least she is still active.

A couple of days ago I followed HydrogenSaysHDT trail on a similar forum, where there appeared to be an alpha of HDT (Chrome translate!!). But I think it was just a red herring. I think it was just the forum for the original HDT. 

I just double checked and it looks like HydrogensaysHDT has updated DLL / XML for skinned mesh physics, but for 32bit Skyrim. This trail covers it:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/68009-all-in-one-hdtskinnedmeshphysics-setup-20a-fomod/page-36

It would be great to see HydrogenHDT follow SKSE SE up. If anyone has any news it would be good!

From what it looks like HydrogenHDT doesn't seem interested in SKSE64 or doesn't even know about it. Unless someone contacts her. I doubt she'll look into it. The skin physics sounds cool, but it's only for 32bit.

Which may mean we're only able to use Cherry's skeleton for the time being. I've managed to get the breasts to bounce on different bodies and you can check out the process in the CHSBHC tread I've created.

Archived