SKSE64 2.0.0 alpha released

znaroks

Please read the post before giving false hopes.

From the very first post (also put on the second pot):

Here is an alpha version of SKSE64. It is currently not intended for use by most users. It will be primarily interesting for mod authors and people who want to test things.

That said, members of this forum are not "most users" . 

Apparently there is a bug in the alpha release that messes up your game if you load certain types of scripted saves.  Hence the alpha status.  I'm just messing around testing things though so I don't care if my save gets corrupted for now.

I'm not messing. I'm just testing mods to see what works and doesn't. I've converted Osex and a few other mods. I've created a brand new save characters and just naming them tests to see what they do. I think the best part is seeing how the scripts convert over and which ones fails. It gives you and idea of what scipts work properly in SKSE64 and which ones still need to be added. Osex 2.02 was a great example of that. 

glad to see skse finally for special edition even if its in Alpha right now, I don't know if it will happen or won't happen but there are a lot of mods that I'd like to see eventually ported over to special edition like mods here, and HDT mods etc.

I tried to use the SKSE for special edtion through mod organizer and it doesn't work, so for now I use nexus mod organizer with SKSE for special edition

I've been playing with SKSE64 alpha pretty much nonstop since it was released and have had no stability issues at all other than the known crash if you try to open up settings/display.  I'm running with these SKSE mods for now and everything I've tested works:

SKYUI 5.1

Fuz Ro Doh

Extended UI

Less Intrusive Hud

Immersive Hud

Trade and Barter

Hide Those Futile Quests

Forgotten Magic Redone

Achieve That

NPC Knockout Overhaul (bleedout system works just like it did in Oldrim)

A Matter of Time

I also have a bunch of other mods that don't list SKSE as a requirement but do have functioning MCM menus.

SKSE64 alpha updated - fixed scaleform ShowOnMap

This fix will allow SkyUI for SE to function properly... the port is complete by all accounts, but witheld due to the above bug crashing the game. I don't speak for the SkyUI team, it's up to them when they release it. It could be imminent though.

I've been playing with SKSE64 alpha pretty much nonstop since it was released and have had no stability issues at all other than the known crash if you try to open up settings/display.  I'm running with these SKSE mods for now and everything I've tested works:

SKYUI 5.1

Fuz Ro Doh

Extended UI

Less Intrusive Hud

Immersive Hud

Trade and Barter

Hide Those Futile Quests

Forgotten Magic Redone

Achieve That

A Matter of Time

I also have a bunch of other mods that don't list SKSE as a requirement but do have functioning MCM menus.

Do you know how to install SKYUI with MO2? It seems to crash MO2 whenever I try.

SKYUI 5.1

Fuz Ro Doh

Extended UI

Less Intrusive Hud

Immersive Hud

Trade and Barter

Hide Those Futile Quests

Forgotten Magic Redone

Achieve That

A Matter of Time

Do you know how to install SKYUI with MO2? It seems to crash MO2 whenever I try.

Copy everything that starts with skse64 into your main Skyrim SE folder and then zip up the scripts in the data folder and install that with MO2.  You don't need the src files, those are just there for mod authors to look through when building skse mods I think.  Then open up MO2 and make a shortcut for the SKSE64 binary.  That's the shortcut you want to use to run the game.

SKYUI 5.1

Fuz Ro Doh

Extended UI

Less Intrusive Hud

Immersive Hud

Trade and Barter

Hide Those Futile Quests

Forgotten Magic Redone

Achieve That

A Matter of Time

Copy everything that starts with skse64 into your main Skyrim SE folder and then zip up the scripts in the data folder and install that with MO2.  You don't need the src files, those are just there for mod authors to look through when building skse mods I think.  Then open up MO2 and make a shortcut for the SKSE64 binary.  That's the shortcut you want to use to run the game.

Um, I said SkyUI not SKSE. I already installed SKSE but trying to install the SkyUI mod in MO2 causes it to crash.

Um, I said SkyUI not SKSE. I already installed SKSE but trying to install the SkyUI mod in MO2 causes it to crash.

Sorry I assumed you meant SKSE.  For SkyUI you just install it like any other mod.  You do have to unpack the BSA first.  Here's a utility to do that if you haven't used it before:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/974/?

You also temporarily need this mod to prevent crashes:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12175/?

Settings/display will still crash but as long as you don't go to that menu I have not seen any crashes.

Sorry I assumed you meant SKSE.  For SkyUI you just install it like any other mod.  You do have to unpack the BSA first.  Here's a utility to do that if you haven't used it before:

Settings/display will still crash but as long as you don't go to that menu I have not seen any crashes.

So, what I was asking is how to install SkyUI since the moment I attempt to install, not load, not open the game with, but install SkyUI it causes MO2 to crash without doing so. I deleted the fomod folder and it seemed to install now but I'm not sure if that Fomod was required to do something important that I'm now missing.

Also I thought the update to SKSE fixed that bug.

So, what I was asking is how to install SkyUI since the moment I attempt to install, not load, not open the game with, but install SkyUI it causes MO2 to crash without doing so. I deleted the fomod folder and it seemed to install now but I'm not sure if that Fomod was required to do something important that I'm now missing.

Also I thought the update to SKSE fixed that bug.

My MO2 recognize the zip file of SkyUI but just won't install it, and this is my way around it, and I don't think the update fixed the display crashing stuff, cause I was having crashes even if I'm using the newest Alpha build just few hours ago.

So the way you install SkyUI, is to unpack the zip file, use BAE to extract the BAS file, and make a new folder named SkyUI which you will put the esp file and everything you've extracted from the BSA file in the folder (which, you could delete the original BSA file at this point).

After that, put the SkyUI folder which you've just made into wherever MO2 keeps your installed mods; the esp and mod content should appear in MO2 at this point.

Oh I did have the SKYUI installer throw an error when I was installing it.  I forgot about that.  I just ignored it and installed it anyway.  I also disabled all of the version checking in game for the different menus, otherwise skyui will give you version check mismatch popups.

glad to see skse finally for special edition even if its in Alpha right now, I don't know if it will happen or won't happen but there are a lot of mods that I'd like to see eventually ported over to special edition like mods here, and HDT mods etc.

I tried to use the SKSE for special edtion through mod organizer and it doesn't work, so for now I use nexus mod organizer with SKSE for special edition

I was having similar issues and I found what I think the cause of the error was. It seems when I deactivate Less Intrusive HUD it lets skyrim load through skse but crashes before it can even start if Less Intrusive HUD is active. If you have that mod I recommend trying with it taken down or checking your game with other SKSE dependent files if they're causing this.

So, tried running the latest version of SKSE and while it mostly works there's a few issues that I think may just be my settings more than the mod itself since I see no other complaints about it.

So when using SKSE and having it close for whatever reason, be it ctd or quitting, it can't do anything else afterwards. Not select or unselect mods, switch profiles, run executibles, or arrange plugins. in one notable case it erased my load order requiring me to use a back up, but that was when the ini wasn't loaded.

Everything this happens MO either crashes or I need to close it. If I close it before then or after it I get the same error message about MO2 closing due to lack of memory to write data somewhere. Similarly I have Wearable Lanterns and it's also saying that MO2 isn't writing data into the SKSE folder and recommends running as admin even though I've set both programs to run as admin and disabled AUC so it doesn't interfere.

Running Fuz Roh Doh doesn't seem to work, text for silent dialogue still seems to skip. However MCM menu does work pretty well.

should we even bother with Skse64 and Special edition ? im running my oldrim with +1100 mods and some 6000 animations,i hit the animation limit but thats pretty much the only limit i've hit,other than the limit for my hard drive at 90gbs :ph34r: ,0 crashes in 8 hours straight (thats the most i've played consecutively) all through massive script load,

i don't see why special edition would even be a thing,anyone care to elaborate?

Archived