Switched to SSD, Mod managers wont work.

AgentCarolina

I finally got myself an SSD and went about unstalling FNV and all the mod managers(NMM and Prideslayers FOMM) and deleted all mod info and saves and everything to have a fresh game.

Reinstalled to my SSD.

Loaded up, everything was working fine, then my Nexus mod manager stopped working, I would install a mod, it would work then my when I loaded up the game the mod wouldn't load.

Then the 4gb launcher stopped working. It would crash halfway on start up.

So i switched to the FOMM thinking that it was NMM being ass as usual.

That worked for a launch or two

then IT stopped working, crashed whenever i tried to install a mod. 

Then the only way for me to get mods to work was manually installing them.

but now NMM is uninstalling mods, like project nevada, wmm, onehud, uio, and Darn.

Speaking of darn

the ini edits still exist.

yet in game nothing is messed up even tho the mod is loading.

Every single ESP and ESM and all that is inside my data folder, but if I launcher through the NMM or FOMM everything is broken.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled this game 6 times in the past week or two. I need a fix at this point.

In case you have your Steam directory in '"Program Files' or the "Program Files (x86)" folder:

Fallout and the mod managers don't like their files in those locations. Windows puts some write-protection on the '"Program Files' and the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

Best solution is to install Steam in a different location, like C:\steam or C:\games\Steam...

The other option (but you really don't  want to do that) is to run mod managers with administrator rights.

---------

If you have Fallout New Vegas / Steam in a good location. Right mouse button on the fallout main directory--> Properties --> Remove the read-only flag from all dirs, subdirs and files.

This advise is also for the mod managers themselves. Don't install those in the program files, or they fail.

Mm, not sure what could be causing the issues you're experiencing. If anything, dborg2 has provided some good suggestions if you haven't tried those yet. BUT, if there's at least one thing I can confirm for you, the problem is not with your SSD (unless it was faulty to begin with, but you'd know that as soon as you turned on your computer). I have just about all my games installed on a couple of SSDs and they're fine, Skyrim mods and all, so I can guarantee you that it's not an issue with the drive assuming you were feeling some kind of buyer's remorse. :)

Okay maybe i wasn't clear.

I still use my HDD and my SSD together.

Steam/Steamapps/Common/FNV is now on my SSD in my Z drive(i called it Z when formatting)

No program files.

I also reinstalled all of my mod managers and have them pointing to the SSD/Z drive.

Like I said this was working fine and then they just broke out of nowhere.

FIXED IT maybe

For anyone who EVER has this weird ass issue.

Go to your temp folder

mine was in c:windows/temp

and create a new text doc and call it 

"filename.cs"

tell it yeah to whatever pops up

then i made the temp folder unread only(not sure if that affected it or not but I did)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived