[help] Help me make a Goblin Race

Ladies and gentlemen...

Once again, i require your aid for i am a complete failure when it comes to making anything else except faces.

As the title may suggest, i want to make a unique goblin race based upon my goblin presets from Goblinette and Of Goblins and Men.

Why make this a race?

Many a folk complained about these presets not working or bugging out on them, or simply couldn't understand the instructions. It's my pride and honour to make my work as acceseable as possible. That's why.

Also, type in google "Skyrim Goblin" and you'll understand why change is needed (Rieklings with green skin)

What needs to be done?

• A custom skeleton (goblinsize)
  • The race itself (standalone would be ideal)
  • Male and female presets (Female: check; Male: nope;)
  • Custom clothing

I hope i can count on this community once more and that this will be a fun project to work on.

85644-6-1501181152.jpg

85644-9-1501181152.jpg

For custom skeleton you can use ECE.

Just download this mod (new sliders and skeleton with addition nodes).

Why ECE, not RaceMenu? Because ECE store skeleton parameters in .slot file.

All you need after this - go through all skeleton bones and change their scale and positions like their stored in ECE-preset.

Last part I can make for you, if you give me .slot file (i.e. preset with new body proportions).

But do not forget to check the size of weapons, since the weapons nodes are scaled together with the nodes to which they are attached (like Pelvis node or Spine and hands node). By the way, here opens a certain space for customization. You can make that goblins use weapons of the same size as other races (a two-handed sword is larger than the goblin itself lol)

For custom skeleton you can use ECE.

Just download this mod (new sliders and skeleton with addition nodes).

Why ECE, not RaceMenu? Because ECE store skeleton parameters in .slot file.

All you need after this - go through all skeleton bones and change their scale and positions like their stored in ECE-preset.

Last part I can make for you, if you give me .slot file (i.e. preset with new body proportions).

But do not forget to check the size of weapons, since the weapons nodes are scaled together with the nodes to which they are attached (like Pelvis node or Spine and hands node). By the way, here opens a certain space for customization. You can make that goblins use weapons of the same size as other races (a two-handed sword is larger than the goblin itself lol)

Can you help make this race as well? Your experience with custom body-proportions and custom bodies would be invaluable for this project?

All my goblins presets (see the main post) contain custom scales from XPMSE. I'm not a big fan of ECE since i don't know the ins and outs of that character-creator.

I've created a lot of race (custom of existing race) for personal use , i can help you.

by cons I do not know anything in scripts.

For skeleton, i use the XPMSE skeleton http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68000/? and i reduce the size of the race in the CK (1.0 by default, 0.80 for goblin by ex)

Welcome to the meager crew of this project, i gladly accept your help.

My goblin presets (here on LL and on Nexus) all contain edited XPMSE sliders, so simply download them.

can you make it that human npc actors are treated as hostile. well gaurds and such. Like how wilding and tiefling do it. Ples :c

Edit: I would love to play as a goblin race.

That would expand the scripting and the gameplay a bit too much.

If any human race would treat you like an enemy, where would you buy supplies or take on/complete quests?

Can you help make this race as well? Your experience with custom body-proportions and custom bodies would be invaluable for this project?

All my goblins presets (see the main post) contain custom scales from XPMSE. I'm not a big fan of ECE since i don't know the ins and outs of that character-creator.

ECE is not harder to use than the RaceMenu. And it have interface like vanila character creator with some additions. You definitely should try it.

I'm happy to help, but how do I know what proportions you think are correct for goblins? =)

ECE is not harder to use than the RaceMenu. And it have interface like vanila character creator with some additions. You definitely should try it.

I'm happy to help, but how do I know what proportions you think are correct for goblins? =)

The proportions i made in the presets

post-695010-0-78357600-1505038419_thumb.jpgpost-695010-0-74049900-1505038422_thumb.jpgpost-695010-0-33581900-1505038424_thumb.jpgpost-695010-0-03915300-1505038425_thumb.jpg

Edit: I made Rosa and Zala's proportions a bit different (larger hands, larger feet, some edits here and there)

I'll give those as soon as i can.

I'll give those as soon as i can.

Well, that's what I can work with =)

I'm also need a body (and textures) that you used (and for better compatibility with clothes it will be better if the body is somehow standard - like 7b, CBBE or others.).

I prefer using UUNP (more polygons), and the preset used for all goblins in the screenshots is slash197 UUNP 4-8-2017.xml.

Now falls the choice of actual textures, and i believe we have 2 choices:

1. Fair skin complexion (universal, light and has a lot of options). See the first picture.
  2. SG Female Textures Renewal (Looks good, has that shiny and natural green). See second pic.

Do let me know what you prefer.

Texture is your only choise, I make only skeleton. For me they are needed only to see the overall appearance of the character.

then i'd suggest going with SG Female textures renewal, because of it's darker and deeper tones.

Comparison

Fair_skin_vs_SG_female_renewal.jpg

Well, first variant here. 0.8 base character scale.

post-221415-0-91004100-1505048368_thumb.jpg post-221415-0-95504800-1505048377_thumb.jpg

Don't look at face, skin (it's a placeholder), and overall bad quality of  picture (my VGA still piece of shit).

Look only at body proportions.

And I'm sure, it be better, if you tweak them by yourself.

And, I think, we should move this thread to "adult mods" =)

Well, first variant here. 0.8 base character scale.

Don't look at face, skin (it's a placeholder), and overall bad quality of  picture (my VGA still piece of shit).

Look only at body proportions.

And I'm sure, it be better, if you tweak them by yourself.

And, I think, we should move this thread to "adult mods" =)

True indeed.

Link to the new WIP thread

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/84582-wip-goblin-race/

Thread Closed

Archived