Seprate Brow and hair color?

boobi3

How do I make it so that I can keep a black color brow while having white hair? I have been searching around google, people say that it can be done with racemenu and SKSE. I have both and I can't seem to find the option for it. I have seen character with green hair and stuff, but have a black brow, so it is possible somehow... How do you guys do it? :X Thanks ahead of time.

Color can be influenced by the base texture, wchihs is usually monochrome (grey or light brown). Make it ligher/darker.

Pretty sure you could remove the data inside the brow NIF that applied the selected hair color to the texture. By default one NIF is used for all brow textures, so maybe make it standalone.

Not sure what is meant with RaceMenu.

Edit the mesh in Nifskope -> BSLightingShaderProperty -> Change the Skyrim Shader Type to Default (it's Hair Tint).

But - you need to be edit (possibly) textures (diffuse is mostly blond color) and other stuff likw SLF1_Hair_Soft_Lightning etc. Make a backup before.

Andy14 beat me to it, but yes, the female and male brow meshes uses the "hair tint" shader type so changing it to "default" will prevent it from changing color, though not sure if changing any of the shader flags will make much of any difference when it comes to preventing it from changing colors along with the hairs.

Try dark eyebrow textures.  I'm currently using Maeven Eyebrows and it stays dark even when my character has near white hair (textures are blonde).

Here are the edited brow meshes if you want to use them.  They do not affect Orcs and beast races.

Female-Male Non-Colorable Brow Meshes.7z

@prZ

When using this wig Hair Tint - it makes no difference. It uses hair color from Racemenu.

And not really easy for a replacement for NPCs with Preset-Mesh in FaceGeom. ;)

@PsychoMachina

SLF1_Hair_Soft_Lightning must be disabled because it's not valid for this shader type - possibly even CTD, if still active with Default shader type.

Then edit only diffuse textures (depending on taste, black, brown etc.).

For Screenshoot fetishists and ENB users - maybe minimal changes to Specular Settings

@prZ
When using this wig Hair Tint - it makes no difference. It uses hair color from Racemenu.

@PsychoMachina
SLF1_Hair_Soft_Lightning must be disabled because it's not valid for this shader type - possibly even CTD, if still active with Default shader type.

For Screenshoot fetishists and ENB users - maybe minimal changes to Specular Settings

oh, i didnt know about that. thought hair wigs are only one color.. just a simple idea to achieve wanted effect..

@prZ

@PsychoMachina

oh, i didnt know about that. thought hair wigs are only one color.. just a simple idea to achieve wanted effect..

Help and new idea is always good - so better 2 ideas than no idea. Try and Errors is the daily path. ;)

It's not entirely true.

Because wig color will change to it's default "hair tint" color (in .nif file) under some circumstances (load game with wig equipped, for example).

If you wish to maintain your main hair colour on wig all the time - you need a special SKSE script for this.

It's not entirely true.

Because wig color will change to it's default "hair tint" color (in .nif file) under some circumstances (load game with wig equipped, for example).

If you wish to maintain your main hair colour on wig all the time - you need a special SKSE script for this.

After cell change it works (if not, something is wrong) - wigs are not helmets and skyrim is not really free for interpretation from us users.

Yes right, with script you can force it. But if I have the choice between script or go through the door - I choose the door. ;)

It's not entirely true.

download a pube mod that match your hair color

copy paste its bslightning in your wig

and your wig will turn black if you pick black hair color

it will also turn black on npc if you give them that, that useless setting stick to 007 hair color

Edit the mesh in Nifskope -> BSLightingShaderProperty -> Change the Skyrim Shader Type to Default (it's Hair Tint).

But - you need to be edit (possibly) textures (diffuse is mostly blond color) and other stuff likw SLF1_Hair_Soft_Lightning etc. Make a backup before.

Hmmm actually, can you explain more in detail on how to do this? What nif are we talking about? This is the main character, not an NPC, where is the head nif for the MC be located? A picture would really be appreciated :X

Brows, Eyes etc. are parts for head.

Nifs are in Data\Meshes\actors\character\character assets\faceparts.

malebrows.nif, femalebrows.nif etc.

1. - make a backup of the nif.
2. Open the Nif with Nifskope
3. Extend the NitriShape FemaleHeadBrows
4. Click BSLightingShaderProperty
5. in Blockdetails Change Shadertype from Hair Tint to Default
6. In Shaderflags 1, deselect SLSF1_Hair_soft_Lighting
7. Save the Nif - done

So it should look after editing.

ukmdvzpa9cfxtp6zg.jpg?size_id=a

Now the brows are always black (depending on the diffuse).
Previous NPCs are not affected, new FaceExports from CK with CTRL + F4 have black eyebrows regardless of the hair color.

Note: The brows-color depends on the diffuse.
The texture may have to be edited.

Brows, Eyes etc. are parts for head.

Nifs are in Data\Meshes\actors\character\character assets\faceparts.

malebrows.nif, femalebrows.nif etc.

1. - make a backup of the nif.

2. Open the Nif with Nifskope

3. Extend the NitriShape FemaleHeadBrows

4. Click BSLightingShaderProperty

5. in Blockdetails Change Shadertype from Hair Tint to Default

6. In Shaderflags 1, deselect SLSF1_Hair_soft_Lighting

7. Save the Nif - done

So it should look after editing.

ukmdvzpa9cfxtp6zg.jpg?size_id=a

Now the brows are always black (depending on the diffuse).

Previous NPCs are not affected, new FaceExports from CK with CTRL + F4 have black eyebrows regardless of the hair color.

Note: The brows-color depends on the diffuse.
The texture may have to be edited.

Thank you for the helps :D!

Archived