Only half works

I've used this mod with no problems on my old laptop, but I just got a new one and just cannot get WW to work on it by doing exactly what I did on my old one. I extracted with 7 zip, only installed one animation to make sure the others i downloaded werent bad, I enabled CC and mods. Upon starting the game, there is no notification that WW is installed or running like it did on my old laptop, and when clicking on my sims, bed, toilet, etc there is no WW options. However when I installed bondage devices and better body, those worked just fine. What am I doing wrong? HALP!

I've used this mod with no problems on my old laptop, but I just got a new one and just cannot get WW to work on it by doing exactly what I did on my old one. I extracted with 7 zip, only installed one animation to make sure the others i downloaded werent bad, I enabled CC and mods. Upon starting the game, there is no notification that WW is installed or running like it did on my old laptop, and when clicking on my sims, bed, toilet, etc there is no WW options. However when I installed bondage devices and better body, those worked just fine. What am I doing wrong? HALP!

Check if your Sims 4 is updated and if your WW supports that release of Sims. Also, check if it's in a subfolder. WW is a script mod, so it is limited to main mod folder or first level subfolder (I keep it in mods/WikedWimsMod/)

If you install an update, remember to reenable Custom Contents, because, at every update, they disable it by default

Well I just got this laptop and installed Sims yesterday, so I'm assuming it's up to date, and WW should support it. I have it in my Mods folder, no other subfolders.

when you start the game you have the list of active mods. Can you find it on that list? Expecially in the second section, the one for the Script mods.

Well I just got this laptop and installed Sims yesterday, so I'm assuming it's up to date, and WW should support it. I have it in my Mods folder, no other subfolders.

when you start the game you have the list of active mods. Can you find it on that list? Expecially in the second section, the one for the Script mods.

Hmm, yes I believe I saw it pop up once but I clicked the box to not have it shoe me each time. However on my old computer it would pop up ad a notification each time i started my game, and it's not doing that this time either.

Hmm, yes I believe I saw it pop up once but I clicked the box to not have it shoe me each time. However on my old computer it would pop up ad a notification each time i started my game, and it's not doing that this time either.

I keep it because it's the first thing to verify if mods are loaded correctly. It usually doesn't help too much, but sometimes it can give you a hint.

Go to Game Options->Others, check if both options Enable Custom Content and Mods and Script Mods Allowed are checked. Then go on the button View Custom Contents, and verify if all mods of WW shows on the lists (you can reenable the mods dialogue from there, but you don't really need it).

Yes both boxes are checked. When I clicked on view custom content, it shows all of the WW stuff, then further down it says "script mods", under that it just says WW and Amra72 Animations. I'll try to figure out how to post the screenshot pic.

Ok, here we have a Hint. You need the TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts file among your Script Mods.You should check your mods folder to see if that file is there or not.

Oh! Under Script Mods it says "Wicked Whims 3.2.4.115b- 29 August 2017"... so what does that mean? I downloaded the wrong link?

the file is correct, but that should be the achive. As long as I know, you have to extract the files and put them in the mods folder.

It's possible it considers the file as a folder itslef. But all WikedWhims files are contained in a subfolder of that, meaning those files are counted as in a second level subfolder. And that could prevent the execution of the script mods.

BTW, I also am using that same release, and for me it works normally. Therefore, I suggest you to simply extract the files in the mods folder and try it again.

Archived