Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NPC tells me i'm not a vampire

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

nemesis666

nemesis666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
After that Harkon guy made me into a vampire lord he told me to talk to one of the npcs in the castle.

When I try to talk to him he just tells me that I'm not a vampire and I should talk to Harkon again.

I don't know what's the problem. I'm able to turn into a vampire lord and use all the vampire abilities.

Does anyone know how to fix it? Could this be caused by a mod?

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth

Mailamea's Plaything :P

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,327 posts
It could be a mod conflict. If you post your load order we can check.

Have you tried waiting a few game days or fast travel out then back.

Clarkson

Clarkson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Its not caused by mods i fixed one differnt conflict and after disabling all my mods this still happens.

Tried leaving and waiting and its still happening

nemesis666

nemesis666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Is there a possibility to copy the load order? Because I'm having many many many mods installed :>
And it would be a pain in the ass to tip them down manually...

nemesis666

nemesis666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Alrigt, I created a png of the loadorder. I hope it helps...

Spoiler

The Mad God

The Mad God

Lord of the Never-There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
Have you tried loading a save before you became a vampire and then becoming one again? This could be a bug.

Sapience

Sapience

Casual Incarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I ran into a similar issue - there are a number of console commands to ensure you're a vampire, but I always had issues with details like glowing eyes and dialogue options. Eventually I decided to simply do a fresh install of Skyrim. I suspect it'll take a month or two before we're clear on all the mods that conflict with Dawnguard.

Trykz

Trykz

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
I see Oriental and Monli listed in your load order.

If you're having these issues on a custom race character, it's because most custom race mods are broken because Dawnguard alters the PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex file.

Check with the mod authors to see if there's a fix version of their mod available yet. Fixing it is not an easy task, and requires quite a few measures to get things working properly again.

It's definitely not a "tell me how to fix it myself" process.

Clarkson

Clarkson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
This isnt mod Orientated, i have not a single mod installed now and its still happening

nemesis666

nemesis666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
First, thank you all for your response.
I'm playing with an imperial charakter so I don't think that the race is causing the problem.
I have a save right before you have to decide to become a vampire lord or not. Tried it several times :/

You are right. Dawnguard just got released. I think there will be improvements in
near future. Until then I'll play the Vampire-Hunter storyline. This one doesn't seem to be buggy up until now :P

(By the way... Serena is hot :D)

pajiman

pajiman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

I have the same problem too:(

nemesis666

nemesis666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPHiJTMNkJ4&feature=g-upl

I have the same problem too:(

Thank you! It's the best solution for now! :D
But according to Bethesda Softwork forums you have to retype the command everytime you transform back to human. Might be a little annoying :/
But hey! Better than nothing, right?

Soulslayerzx

Soulslayerzx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I had this problem too, and I changed my race to somethingracevampire every single time I wanted to talk to him, and it worked, but now there's a mod on SkyrimNexus that allows you to talk as a vampire lord.

GodSmack

GodSmack

#1 in overreacting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
simply just download a mod the lets you talk to people while you are in VL form
its the only thing that works besides being a vampire race(custom race)

-Common sense-
non vampires will try to kill you if you attempt to talk to them :T