About Fallout 4 Updates from Bethesda.

For future, set the game's update options to only update when you launch the game. (Right click Fallout 4 in Steam -> Properties -> Updates tab)

As long as you launch the game through the script extender, the game will not update if you've changed the update options.

If Bethesda is gonna pull more of this bullshit by forcing people to download all the Creation Club content, this will save you from a lot of headache.

EDIT: Just noticed someone already mentioned this before. Still, it's the best option to stop the game from updating.

It's funny. It seems that Bethesda the publisher is probably indirectly killing free mods in an attempt to get as much money as they can out of the community, but the actual development studio BGS probably doesn't want that to happen.

However, a development studio has to follow it's publisher/owner, so this situation happens, and we are all left wondering "Why the conflicting messages and actions?"

Didn't even know about the update, until it started to update and went into the Steam Discussion page to see everyone freaking out about it. Tried to stop and cancel update, but it just now keeps saying can't play the game without the update. :( :( :( :( :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/f4se/comments/6wwqpo/fallout_4_194_download/

This link provides a way to play with F4SE & its mods to work fine. I have tried it now & it works great! All my mods work fine & the game functions the way its supposed to. Just read the readme txt in the file the link provides & it'll be safe to use.

LOL its been removed but im guessing more than one person archived ?  Just wondering if its ok to drop the 1.9.4 rollback here ? I dont even own this fail game because of the lack of mod support and this might have been the nail in the sale pack coffin for me.

I guess that's when I need to be happy not to use or make any mods requiring F4SE. I am pretty sure I already got that update. :s

Geesh, since Beth is still bothering with FO4, I don't get why they don't take the 20-something useful functions in F4SE and just put them in the vanilla API, like they did with so many useful functions from SKSE. An intern programmer could probably do this in their lunch break. Meh. Their creation club people might find them useful as well.

I guess that's when I need to be happy not to use or make any mods requiring F4SE. I am pretty sure I already got that update. :s

Geesh, since Beth is still bothering with FO4, I don't get why they don't take the 20-something useful functions in F4SE and just put them in the vanilla API, like they did with so many useful functions from SKSE. An intern programmer could probably do this in their lunch break. Meh. Their creation club people might find them useful as well.

The idea of a Creation "CLUB" says its a big club and we aint in it.

RIP - George Carlin  

Good work and many thanks to the OP for warning us. +1 From me.

I consider myself lucky my game is always in offline mode and I do all my updates manually. It's more time consuming but it prevents shit like this from happening. Dirty, dirty move on Beth's part. They're trying to squeeze money out of us by releasing crap nobody wants that breaks the game and pisses off the community. Simply bad business...

https://www.reddit.com/r/f4se/comments/6wwqpo/fallout_4_194_download/

This link provides a way to play with F4SE & its mods to work fine. I have tried it now & it works great! All my mods work fine & the game functions the way its supposed to. Just read the readme txt in the file the link provides & it'll be safe to use.

LOL its been removed but im guessing more than one person archived ?  Just wondering if its ok to drop the 1.9.4 rollback here ? I dont even own this fail game because of the lack of mod support and this might have been the nail in the sale pack coffin for me.

RIP well maybe someone else will be able to post it for others. Like Vinfamy said, there's no legal way to roll it back & that way was no exception I guess. I have the files still but I'd rather not risk trouble by putting it up myself. I was lucky enough to get the game on sale in May which was better than the Steam Summer Sale so maybe in the future when its on sale again & F4SE gets updated to support this new (but shitty) version of FO4, you could pick it up then. Honestly Vinfamy's mods are worth the time I spent in the game, much more than anything Creation Club could ever shit out.

Well I'm fucked.  The patch automatically downloaded and now I can't play.  Fucking Bethesda.  Now I have to wait for the F4SE team to release an update whenever they can.  I know they recently released an update.  So I'll keep my fingers crossed.

There's no legal way to roll back.

I imagine a new F4SE update shouldn't be too far away though, I mean the Bethesda update breaks all of Expired's mods too so he has a very personal invested interest in that F4SE update.

Unfortunately my game did update.

I keep a clean copy of my games on a 2nd drive just for these types of issues.

When I replaced the files it updated with my backup, it still screwed with my interface and removed the save/quick save options. Fortunately the Survival Menu Save Enable mod fixed this. Yes, I could just use the backup from the other drive, but so many mods added and messing with the load order again is more of a hassle.

There's a post about the F4SE update from The Real Elianora which points out Expired is working on a F4SE update and taking donations. Expects the update to take an hour or so if they didn't change things too drastically.

I am starting to hate Bethesda.

A mandatory Update for a game they aren't even working on themselves anymore. That Fucks everything up. Just so they can try to sell the player stupid Shit like 5 dollars for Some God Damn "Horse" armor. Or a 3 Dollars for a Back Pack.

Dammit!

I'm fortunate enough to have found the threads on the nexus forums with links to the previous Fallout executables on Google drive before the threads were deleted.

Also

Dammit

This one?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/1473095960825455101/

No, the original thread that one copied from https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5945673-194-files/