About Fallout 4 Updates from Bethesda.

8 hours ago, Chosen Clue said:

New update btw, don't let it happen. F4SE is borked if you do.

If you need to roll back, I spent a few hours figuring this out.

Follow these instructions... https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/7gh1c4/patch_11050_released_how_to_roll_back_your/

Except replace the depot number with the one below.

This is the depot for build 1.10.50 and it will still work with F4SE .0.6.4

Whoever gets updated without wanting to can do this to hold you over until the new script extender is out.

DEPOT console command:

download_depot 377160 377162 6449513258100364429

6 hours ago, jaam said:

The plugin has been updated for the current Fallout 4 version : https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4317-devtestbeta-ll-fourplay-community-f4se-plugin-v15-2018-01-27/

The other parts (F4SE, MCM...) were already updated.

As a professional computer programmer, I have to respectfully take my hat off to the F4SE team on the relatively fast release of an update.

As much as programming seems easy when people do this kind of work so quickly, it is a testament to their skill and planning to make a framework solution that can be quickly adjusted to address changes that the Bethseda devs introduce to each new F4 release and still be stable enough to deal with the various mods that leverage it..

Certainly, the changes that were introduced in F4 may have been subtle or minor, but testing of any new release must go through a battery of evaluations to make sure the released product still delivers what is expected.

Well done F4SE team.  Without you, this independent modding community would likely not exist.

:classic_wub:

Keep fighting the good fight out there...  the life you save may be your own!!

• 3 weeks later...

So what is the status on this? Can we safely update Fallout 4 yet?  I have been holding off for quite some time now, still on 1.9.4 or whatever the last one before 1.10 was.

Oh, and has anyone gotten a look at what this "new animation framework" is all about? Do we still need HCT to make animations? *FINGERSCROSSED*  I'm a little skittish about updating to find out!

When the CC update came after 1.9.4, does anyone know exactly what CC items were added to your Data folders that you couldn't access without buyin them? I initially had the update forced on me but I reversed it & i'm currently still on 1.9.4 but I think the CC stuff stayed in my folders so who can link me to a list of the stuff added by the 1st CC update so I know what to delete?

• 2 weeks later...

If I make a full backup of my entire Fallout 4 folder, and then upgrade, and I don't like it, would rolling back be as simple as copying the folder back?  Or is there some registry voodoo that goes on as well?  Anyone know?

I just want to see what they are calling "more accessible" animation workflow.

On 2/25/2018 at 8:12 PM, WhippinGirl said:

If I make a full backup of my entire Fallout 4 folder, and then upgrade, and I don't like it, would rolling back be as simple as copying the folder back?  Or is there some registry voodoo that goes on as well?  Anyone know?

I just want to see what they are calling "more accessible" animation workflow.

straight swoop of Data Folder is ok. I do it all the time as a fresh install it's quicker.  :smile:

yes that's the update for the last F4se update which I think was a day before.    

it's not always best to update as soon as an update is available for download as they can make more problems then they solve, I give a week or two gap between release and me updating unless it fix's something I can't live with out. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 5:30 PM, Ufollowme said:

Its safe to download i updated yesterday, it unlocks a couple doggies for the creation club. a Great Dane & Dalmatian, 200 points for both

I don't get why people use creation club seeing as how much Bethesda has ruined modding.  Kind of like sleeping with the enemy in my view.  We all should be doing everything we can to make them understand how much they have messed things up.

10 hours ago, mudhutwarrior said:

I don't get why people use creation club seeing as how much Bethesda has ruined modding.  Kind of like sleeping with the enemy in my view.  We all should be doing everything we can to make them understand how much they have messed things up.

I'll play devil's advocate here and offer a counterargument;

It's true these updates are interfering with existing mods, and that can range from mild annoyance as the modders tweak things all the way to "ruined forever", especially mods by non-active authors.  Sucks to high heaven, I know.  Still, these interferences aren't happening due to content and tools being REMOVED, but rather ones being ADDED.  We're going through some NASTY growing pains, and this is bound to keep modders and users pulling our hair for quite a while, but with every big update, Bethesda is adding new coding and tools for their mods to work.  Coding and tools that MODDERS can also tap into.  Sure, it all sort of sucks NOW, but it's also led to mods being created that simply weren't possible before.  I'd rather deal with this annoyance or even lay off Fallout till things settle and have a bigger playground to come back to then keep chugging away with the already kinda broken game they gave us to start with.  

So yeah, the flipside of all this, modders will have more to work with now, and keep getting more as long as this creation club is forcing Bethesda to add upgrades to the game.  Personally, I plan to wait it out a bit. 

P.S.  This is just me pointing out some of the upsides for the sake of "glass half full" optimism here.  This whole thing really does suck for modders and users who keep finding their games breaking due to all these updates, and struggling to keep up and find workarounds.  Just saying, there are a FEW nice things to be said about the Creation Club business.

2 minutes ago, tm2dragon said:

I'll play devil's advocate here and offer a counterargument;

It's true these updates are interfering with existing mods, and that can range from mild annoyance as the modders tweak things all the way to "ruined forever", especially mods by non-active authors.  Sucks to high heaven, I know.  Still, these interferences aren't happening due to content and tools being REMOVED, but rather ones being ADDED.  We're going through some NASTY growing pains, and this is bound to keep modders and users pulling our hair for quite a while, but with every big update, Bethesda is adding new coding and tools for their mods to work.  Coding and tools that MODDERS can also tap into.  Sure, it all sort of sucks NOW, but it's also led to mods being created that simply weren't possible before.  I'd rather deal with this annoyance or even lay off Fallout till things settle and have a bigger playground to come back to then keep chugging away with the already kinda broken game they gave us to start with.  

So yeah, the flipside of all this, modders will have more to work with now, and keep getting more as long as this creation club is forcing Bethesda to add upgrades to the game.  Personally, I plan to wait it out a bit. 

P.S.  This is just me pointing out some of the upsides for the sake of "glass half full" optimism here.  This whole thing really does suck for modders and users who keep finding their games breaking due to all these updates, and struggling to keep up and find workarounds.  Just saying, there are a FEW nice things to be said about the Creation Club business.

Thanks for the thoughtful response.  I didn't see that angle but I think it would have been better for bethesda to work with the modders rather than split the community and create tension.  At least in the long wrong it would have added loyalty to the brand.  But I am not a sociopath CEO so I may be wrong. :smile: