About Fallout 4 Updates from Bethesda.

Update 24 Sep - Expired has released a new version of F4SE to work with Bethesda's latest update. If you already let Steam install Bethesda's update, you'll need to install the latest version of F4SE and reinstall Four-Play Community Patch, now runtime neutral for the last three versions of FO4, thanks to jaam's prompt effort.

Generally speaking, if you're still at 1.9.4, keep on avoiding updating together and sticking with 1.9.4, But if you already upgraded to 1.10.20 a while back, then you probably should upgrade to 1.10.26 now that F4SE for it is out as 1.10.26 does fix some bugs Bethesda introduced in 1.10.20. 

------------------------------------------------

Update 21 Sep - As expected, the Bethesda update galore brought about due to the Creation Club continues. This of course once again breaks F4SE, any mods that use it and Four-Play's fly cam + stripping functionality again. As with last time, please avoid updating FO4 until a new version of F4SE is released.

------------------------------ 

Thanks to Expired, F4SE has been updated to work with FO4 1.10 http://f4se.silverlock.org/beta/f4se_0_05_00_installer.exe. You therefore now have two choices:

- If you haven't updated FO4, I recommend still avoiding it (Set Steam Auto Update schedule to a time your computer is never on or run Steam in Offline Mode) since it's an utter waste of bandwidth and there's definitely more updates to come soon. If you can avoid updating FO4, you don't need the new F4SE - business as usual
- If you already made the mistake of updating FO4, install F4SE 0.5.0

Four-Play and its mods should work fine with both options: old FO4 version + old F4SE version, as well as new FO4 version + new F4SE version. However, with the new FO4, you'll also need to overwrite the Community Patch with this http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4317-devtestbeta-ll-fourplay-community-f4se-plugin-v9-20170831/

I'm fully expecting more F4SE-breaking updates from Bethesda since there are tons of bugs with their Creation Club rollout (People can't purchase credits in game, 2.1 GB of Creation Club content in your Data folder you haven't bought lol), so the next time Steam asks you to update, don't, unless you can see F4SE has been updated for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Announcement 30 Aug:

Please avoid installing the new Bethesda update (1.10) for Fallout 4. Set Steam Auto Update schedule to a time you always sleep or run Steam in Offline Mode. Simply put, It breaks F4SE, which Four-Play relies on, and tons of other mods too. Once you've installed the Bethesda patch, there's no legal way to roll back.

The update is mostly to add the Creation Club anyway (as if people don't hate Bethesda enough for that, the update breaks tons of mods too! It's almost like they're trying to feed the conspiracy theorists that have been speculating "Bethesda will kill free modding to make money from the Creation Club".) so quite frankly, you don't need it (can't see anyone here eager to buy a backpack for $5) and it only does harm.

Again, until F4SE gets updated (hopefully soon) to work with the new FO4 version, please avoid updating.

Well I'm fucked.  The patch automatically downloaded and now I can't play.  Fucking Bethesda.  Now I have to wait for the F4SE team to release an update whenever they can.  I know they recently released an update.  So I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Well I'm fucked.  The patch automatically downloaded and now I can't play.  Fucking Bethesda.  Now I have to wait for the F4SE team to release an update whenever they can.  I know they recently released an update.  So I'll keep my fingers crossed.

There's no legal way to roll back.

I imagine a new F4SE update shouldn't be too far away though, I mean the Bethesda update breaks all of Expired's mods too so he has a very personal invested interest in that F4SE update.

I imagine a new F4SE update shouldn't be too far away though, I mean the Bethesda update breaks all of Expired's mods too so he has a very personal invested interest in that F4SE update.

Yeah I know.  When I wrote the post I had just started up Steam.  I was gonna search for sales, but then I came here and saw your post, and said "dammit!"  I know the F4SE team released a recent update according to LOOT.  So I can patiently wait.  It just took me by surprise that's all. :)

Yeah I know.  When I wrote the post I had just started up Steam.  I was gonna search for sales, but then I came here and saw your post, and said "dammit!"  I know the F4SE team released a recent update according to LOOT.  So I can patiently wait.  It just took me by surprise that's all. :)

Dammit!

I'm fortunate enough to have found the threads on the nexus forums with links to the previous Fallout executables on Google drive before the threads were deleted.

Also

Dammit

We could lose some good modders from this...
Thanks for putting this out there Vin.

How do you avoid installing it? I don't see any options in Steam to NOT install updates. That's kind of annoying, actually;

Luckily I recently restarted my PC so Steam has been off. I've looked around online for us, apparently you can go into a game's properties and just set it to not update (until you launch it obviously) also you can keep steam in offline mode or set scheduled updates (settings>downloads) to times when steam isn't running for you.

Running the game through F4SE shouldn't update the game, because it's not through the steam launcher. (Just remember to have Steam running first, otherwise the F4SE launcher will load Steam, then Fallout 4 through that, installing the update.)

Can someone confirm before I lose my mods? :)

Yup, I left my computer on while at work, got the auto update too.

@GetTalon: I believe that's right. I always forget to, but if you set the game to only update on launch, and then only play in offline mod then it shouldn't ever update. If you launch through F4SE with the update on launch setting on I think it won't update, but I'm not able to test that myself. Sadly they removed the disable auto update option a while back

Well, that raped my game. At least half of my mods don't work now, including essential ones like Place Everywhere, not just sex mod. I might as well just do a clean install, and go back to FNV for a while. I might play it again once F4SE updates, but who says they won't just keep updating FO4 while they weak the Creation Club? 

Well, that raped my game. At least half of my mods don't work now, including essential ones like Place Everywhere, not just sex mod. I might as well just do a clean install, and go back to FNV for a while. I might play it again once F4SE updates, but who says they won't just keep updating FO4 while they weak the Creation Club? 

It'll say the possibility of more updates to FO4 as they patch the Creation Club is highly likely (well, the first release had all the CC assets in the player's Data folder - that obviously needs to be patched) - so Expired (and the rest of us that relies on F4SE) is in for a ride unfortunately. 

Eh, there are plenty of good mods coming out for SSE! In fact, you released SexLab the same day Vigilant SE got released. So I should be able to keep busy while I wait. That's not to mention the vast array of mods for New Vegas and Oldrim, which we KNOW are not going to get updated or messed with. Updates are a pain in the ass, but you learn to live with them. 

Dammit!

I'm fortunate enough to have found the threads on the nexus forums with links to the previous Fallout executables on Google drive before the threads were deleted.

Also

Dammit

This one?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/1473095960825455101/

Does anyone know if the Creation Club is coming to Oldrim and we can expect any mod breaking updates for it too?

Besides, why the fuck do they force me to download the data for all of their mods, how stupid is that? Not only can people pirate Bethesdas mods ridiculously easy now, but you can't install the game on an SSD in five years... assuming of course they don't shut this Creation Club system down next week.

Does anyone know if the Creation Club is coming to Oldrim and we can expect any mod breaking updates for it too?

Besides, why the fuck do they force me to download the data for all of their mods, how stupid is that? Not only can people pirate Bethesdas mods ridiculously easy now, but you can't install the game on an SSD in five years... assuming of course they don't shut this Creation Club system down next week.

Not coming to Oldrim. But coming to SSE and all future Bethesda titles. 

Won't break too much in SSE though. We don't have SKSE64 anyway and SexLab Light SE has just been released without relying on any script extender.

Apparently they force you to download 2.1Gb with the assets of those mods (that you can´t use until you buy them) 

There is speculation of this practice of forcing you with more of this forced downloads, taking away more of your HD space and maybe breaking every time the F4SE.

Sadly steam just downloaded that cursed update and screwed my game. The solution i found is to set your Bethesda games (in the properties menu) to : "Only update this game when i launch it" 

And then just launch it from the F4SE launcher. 

(of course this only works if you havent downloaded the update)

Note that : People are reporting of "missing menus" "Scrapped objects appearing back" and "Save crashes"

Its like.. they want to kill their game.

Do it for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition too, we shall be prepared for grimm times...