[SEARCH] Combat Mods

Hello!

I'm looking for an enemy AI enhancement that doesn't cause save bloat, and actually makes enemies smarter.

I define "smarter" as;

- Blocks more often

- Takes advantage of outnumbering the player

- Takes advantage of the players mistakes

Currently I'm using Vigor with Ultimate Combat 3.0. I have Revenge of the Enemies and Combat Evolved (core + stealth options) installed too. Enemies were tougher with these, but I still rather felt that the most of the increased difficulty comes from damage dealt and received, which is never good in any game (and personally, I hate such difficulty systems with a passion -- the enemy remains as dumb on the highest difficulty as it was on the lowest, the difference is that it beats you on higher difficulty with the same stupid tactic... it's just annoying). Damage manipulation should not be the main feature of combat mods. I also like longer fights, which is the exact opposite of what most combat mods do. I prefer tactics to decide the winner, not the first hit.

I just tested a script-free mod called "Enchanced Enemy AI"; next to no increase in "smartness" compared to vanilla, guards still just spammed their attacks while I hacked them away (in a similar manner) without them blocking even once in about 10 seconds (and about the same number of hits). Although I admit, I'm working with a small sample size here, having fought only 5-6 enemies with the mod installed (and all others disabled).

Is there such an AI mod out there? I'm not looking for injuries, stagger, dodge, extra potion usage or damage manipulation. I just want guards / soldiers / bandits to fight as if they do that for a living, and actually their lives depended on it. So, which enemy AI mod made you the biggest difference?

For dragons:

I'm using Dragon Combar Overhaul. I tried Deadly Dragons, but I got spooked away by others complaining about the script load.

The goal I want to achieve with dragons is to make them extremely rare and extremely powerful, to the point where 3-4 guards can't take down one, and even the player can only stand a chance with 2-3 followers against one dragon. Do you know about such a mod?

Archived