Why does it go straight into registering animations without setting up any SexLab structure first? Registering animations completely fail of course because the system hasn't been set up to store them.

It should go like this:

• Automatically Installing SexLab v0.1.0 Light SE
  • SexLab v0.1.0 Light SE - Installing...
  • SexLab Voices Installed
  • SexLab Expressions Installed
  • Installing SexLab Character Animations. This may take a while ...
  • Count to 400+
  • SexLab Character Animations Installed. 
  • Installing SexLab Creature Animations. This may take a while ...
  • Count to 300+
  • SexLab  - SexLab v0.1.0 Light SE - Ready!

Have you attached the full logs? Did you cut anything out?

PS: Issue resolved:

Make sure that you place SexLab.esm just below the games' base esms and above all other mods' esms - exactly in the sixth (6th) position. Like this:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
SexLab.esm
The rest of your esm's
Make sure those first six esms are all enabled. In the next version, I'll adjust the script slightly so that there wouldn't need to be such a strict load order requirement.

Why does it go straight into registering animations without setting up any SexLab structure first? Registering animations completely fail of course because the system hasn't been set up to store them.

It should go like this:

• Automatically Installing SexLab v0.1.0 Light SE
  • SexLab v0.1.0 Light SE - Installing...
  • SexLab Voices Installed
  • SexLab Expressions Installed
  • Installing SexLab Character Animations. This may take a while ...
  • Count to 400+
  • SexLab Character Animations Installed. 
  • Installing SexLab Creature Animations. This may take a while ...
  • Count to 300+
  • SexLab  - SexLab v0.1.0 Light SE - Ready!

Have you attached the full logs? Did you cut anything out?

That's the full log and I did get in game messages going through the steps you just listed.  Do I need to turn trace or debug on for papyrus?  I just have logging on.  Prior to today I had logging off completely so I have no other logs going all the way back to February.  I'm using MO2 and Windows 10 in case that makes any difference.

That's the full log and I did get in game messages going through the steps you just listed.  Do I need to turn trace or debug on for papyrus?  I just have logging on.  Prior to today I had logging off completely so I have no other logs going all the way back to February.  I'm using MO2 and Windows 10 in case that makes any difference.

Can you turn on both. Then overwrite the Data> Scripts> sslAnimationSlots.pex from your SexLab Light SE installation with the attached. Then load a clean save and wait for initialization again (don't have to wait until 'ready' this time, just close the game after circa 100 human animations loaded). Then upload the Papyrus log again. It won't solve the issue, but gives me more information to debug.

Anyone else having problems, please could you try the same please? Thank you.

sslAnimationSlots.pex

Having same problem it says everything is fine in FNIS and Skyrim but no animations, ask's if I want to use nearby bed. then nothing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just follow the steps in the post right above you.

Ok tried again with the new script and without matchmaker or amorous so it's just USSEP, sexlab, sos light, xpmsse, alternate start, and FNIS in that order.  Waited til it was done with about 100 animations.

On a hunch I tried it without USSEP and I do still see errors in the logs but it seems like some of the functions that were failing work without USSEP.  Will check if I can actually get an animation to work without USSEP.

Papyrus.0.log

I think I know where the problem lies now. Make sure that you place SexLab.esm just below the games' base esms and above all other mods' esms - exactly in the sixth position.

Like this

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
SexLab.esm
The rest of your esms

Make sure those first six esms are all enabled. Then load a clean save again.

Thank you for the logs

Ok damn, I seem to be the only one with an issue.   :(

I've been running with FNIS all along with no issues.  Running FG with no issues at all

I have XPMSSE running without issues all along.

I installed Sexlab and ran FNIS with no errors and FNIS saw everything.

I installed Sexlab Working Girls because I run that in OldRim without issue.

I extracted BSA, and even ran the esp for Working Girls through SE CK and saved the esp as I do with any mod I install into SE from OldRim.

Installed and ran game and game loaded beautifully as always.

Now the issue.  I can't get any of the new anims to work.  I use the dialog from Working Girls but my character only flinches and no anim plays.  Then I try FG and it is still working perfectly.

I usually don't have any issues, I'll try and rerun FNIS for users and see what happens I suppose until someone can point me in the right direction maybe as far as what is wrong please?  Thanks   :)

It did the same thing with MatchMaker.  No anim plays even though spells work.  Any ideas?  It has to have something to do with Sexlab itself as two mods designed to work with Sexlab don't show the anims.

I have USSEP as well, so maybe this is the issue

Follow the instructions in my post above.

It's not incompatible with USLEEP. SexLab Light SE is simply required to be placed exactly sixth in your load order right now, so just move SexLab.esm above USLEEP and the rest of your esms to just below the the 5 base game esm's

Follow the instructions in my post above.

It's not incompatible with USLEEP. SexLab Light SE is simply required to be placed exactly sixth in your load order right now, so just move SexLab.esm above USLEEP and the rest of your esms to just below the the 5 base game esm's

Well, I moved Sexlab esm to just below Dragonborn esm and loaded a clean save before Sexlab was installed.  Waited for Sexlab to initialize, and saved and reloaded, but still getting the same no animations.

Where would I find my Papyrus log?  Is it under Logs\scripts folder?  Papyrus0.log?  Do I need to save the game once loading 100 or so animations or so and then exit?  Because my log shows 1kb.  Not really sure how to turn on debugging if I need to  :(

You need to enable the data logging in your SkyrimCustom.ini or Skyrim.ini. Under the [Papyrus] section, check that you have the following: 

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

After that, start up Skyrim. What it'll do is just dump anything that's out of place.

Did you also run FNIS?

Well, I moved Sexlab esm to just below Dragonborn esm and loaded a clean save before Sexlab was installed.  Waited for Sexlab to initialize, and saved and reloaded, but still getting the same no animations.

Where would I find my Papyrus log?  Is it under Logs\scripts folder?  Papyrus0.log?  Do I need to save the game once loading 100 or so animations or so and then exit?  Because my log shows 1kb.  Not really sure how to turn on debugging if I need to   :(

Do you have all six esm's enabled? (Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Hearthfire.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Dragonborn.esm, SexLab.esm )

"(I'll write a more beginner-friendly detailed guide at some point. I assume most people know how to install SexLab by now)"

​Good to hear! I know a fair bit about modding Beth games, but your tutorial for Fallout 4 was well written and informative, and helped me set up a stable game with all the nice Four Play mods.

In my game the animations did not start, the problem was the loading order, I put the "SexLab.esm" right after "Dragonborn.esm", replace the file "sslAnimationSlots.pex" with the posted by vinfamy, I ran the FNIS again and loaded a clean save. After the game loads the animations everything worked. Thanks to everyone involved in this mod, SkyrimSE is much better now.

You need to enable the data logging in your SkyrimCustom.ini or Skyrim.ini. Under the [Papyrus] section, check that you have the following: 

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

After that, start up Skyrim. What it'll do is just dump anything that's out of place.

Did you also run FNIS?

Yes, definitely ran FNIS.

Ok I enabled those 3 lines in my Skyrim ini file.

I ran the game until it loaded about 120 anims and saved and exited my game.  Where can I find the log?  In the same directory as my Skyrim ini file?  There was a log folder but it was empty.

Ok, I believe Igot it finally.  Here you go:

Papyrus.0.log

Well, that log shows 'so far so good ' up to when you close the game. Just keep everything as is, and load a clean save and let it finish initialization. You might simply forget to load a clean save last time you change the load order.

Try to trigger an animation again after this initialization. If it still doesn't work, upload the Papyrus log again. I assume you're not trying to trigger sex with a custom race or something potentially incompatible?

Well, that log shows 'so far so good ' up to when you close the game. Just keep everything as is, and load a clean save and let it finish initialization. You might simply forget to load a clean save last time you change the load order.

Try to trigger an animation again after this initialization. If it still doesn't work, upload the Papyrus log again. I assume you're not trying to trigger sex with a custom race or something potentially incompatible?

Still no luck though.   :(  Here is a full log even trying out a scene that doesn't show the anim.  I'm trying with a regular follower, Diana, the new follower on SE Nexus.  Tried with another NPC as well.  She works with FG fine as all the others do too.

Papyrus.0.log

This may be an educated request but can we swap out the body for the one we use. Maybe that is coming later. Awesome work by the way. And so fast.

I know the truth. You are from a far more advanced planet. Thanks again.

Yes. You can use whatever body you want. Overwrite whatever bodyfiles in the SexLab Light SE package.

Leaving those body meshes in the download package wasn't intentional. I'll delete them from the next version.

"Info: SEXLAB - FATAL - Thread[0]  - Failed to find valid creature animations."

It's as I suspected. It's due to the custom race so SexLab Light SE thinks she's a creature, then look for creature animations - obviously none matches that race. Try triggering sex with a completely vanilla NPC.

I'll add support for custom races in a future version. For 0.1.0, I implemented a very strict race check (only vanilla humanoid races are allowed for human animations) to prevent child content as Ashal's child check was quite heavily reliant on SKSE.  

This may be an educated request but can we swap out the body for the one we use. Maybe that is coming later. Awesome work by the way. And so fast.

I know the truth. You are from a far more advanced planet. Thanks again.

Yes. You can use whatever body you want. Overwrite whatever bodyfiles in the SexLab Light SE package.

Leaving those body meshes in the download package wasn't intentional. I'll delete them from the next version.

"Info: SEXLAB - FATAL - Thread[0]  - Failed to find valid creature animations."

It's as I suspected. It's due to the custom race so SexLab Light SE thinks she's a creature, then look for creature animations - obviously none matches that race. Try triggering sex with a completely vanilla NPC.

I'll add support for custom races in a future version. For 0.1.0, I implemented a very strict race check (only vanilla humanoid races are allowed for human animations) to prevent child content as Ashal's child check was quite heavily reliant on SKSE.  

Ok, I will.  Hopefully it should work because I rarely have any issues  thanks for your help so far   :)  

Edit:  You were right!!  It was because of the custom follower.  I hope you will get these followers compatible with Sexlab  :)  At least there's FG for now for all of my custom followers.  :)  Thanks again  :)