Hey, so a few months ago, when I was figuring out how to mod NPCs, I made the switch to Enhanced Character Edit from RaceMenu. While there are several features from RaceMenu I prefer (it being much easier to run on my low-end PC being one), I just can't use it without the ECEE/ ECE Enhanced Sliders . Everyone says use RaceMenu because it's more compatible with things and has overlays and has ECE sliders anyway, but ECEE sliders are amazing. They make creating anime-style characters so much easier.
I saw on the outdated Chargen Extension (which is included in RaceMenu, apparently) that you can add more sliders somehow and I tried, but I guess I got too frustrated with it and gave up...
Has anyone figured this out?
Thanks for any help!

The main problem in RaceMenu+ECE compatibility is that they use different head meshes and, more important, different morphs. So to fully implement ECE's features into RaceMenu you need to go through all the hell of serious modding and I doubt anyone could make it (mostly because if some cool modder would wanted it it would've been already done). And no, RM doesn't have all of the ECE's sliders. Maybe some, maybe similar, but certainly not the coolest ones (I miss eye width adjustments so much... 3:> )

But you can make the character similar to what you want in ECE first, then export their head into .nif, then load it to your RaceMenu and polish here just as you want. Heavy risk (none btw) BUT THE PRIIIIZE. You also can't load ECE and RM at the same time, so first you enable ECE > make things > close game, then disable it, enable RM and start to do things in RM.

And there's also that tutorial so you can make your ECE head also high-poly.

Cheers!

Aaaw. Maybe so. I'm just hoping someone has added the sliders somehow... (VoV)
Yeah. That's true. I just don't think it's as easy to manipulate the faces (mainly the eyes) with RaceMenu. The sliders aren't as detailed, like Ran's ECEE ones where you can adjust lateral canthus height and make the eyes literally wider.
Thanks for the link and response.

Does anyone know of a way to add overlays at least, like Racemenu? I don't want to use SlaveTatts though... I've heard it doesn't have as much variety and is mostly for NSFW purposes?

Just export the head from ECE, close the game, disable ECE, enable RM, import the head, add overlays, play. There is literally no reason to try to replace RM's overlays cos they work properly as they are. I doubt you gonna need ECE's sliders all the time, so making characters in ECE and then replacing it with RaceMenu seems legit. I do that, for example :B

Does anyone know of a way to add overlays at least, like Racemenu? I don't want to use SlaveTatts though... I've heard it doesn't have as much variety and is mostly for NSFW purposes?

Just export the head from ECE, close the game, disable ECE, enable RM, import the head, add overlays, play. There is literally no reason to try to replace RM's overlays cos they work properly as they are. I doubt you gonna need ECE's sliders all the time, so making characters in ECE and then replacing it with RaceMenu seems legit. I do that, for example :B

I've tried that, but there were huge gaps between the head and the body, even when changing weights. (O.o) Hmm. I'll try downloading pretty face (which is the head mesh and textures from ECE), and see if that'll help somehow...

I've tried that, but there were huge gaps between the head and the body, even when changing weights. (O.o) Hmm. I'll try downloading pretty face (which is the head mesh and textures from ECE), and see if that'll help somehow...

Just mask the bottom of a neck with mask tool in sculpting mode of RaceMenu before importing the head from ECE. It will prevent vertices from changing and so there should be no gap. Hope that helps.

Just mask the bottom of a neck with mask tool in sculpting mode of RaceMenu before importing the head from ECE. It will prevent vertices from changing and so there should be no gap. Hope that helps.

Ooooh. Okay. I'll try that then. (^_^) Thanks for the tips.

Archived