Storyboard project - Pose mods for creatures?

Berit's Ashes

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie here so please bear with me if I'm asking inane questions.

Basically, I'm getting into screen archery. My little gallery can be found here, which should give you an idea of where I'm at skill-wise.

I've recently begun working on a narrative storyboard project - i.e. a graphic novel without words - and it's going to require actors and creatures in many specific poses. 

I've fine with posing humanoid actors using various pose mods and the Osex poser module, pose spells, etc. I can even make my own custom poses using the very specific instructions from Anton's Animation Tools through Blender. That's the extent of my animation skills.

My question: how do you pose creatures and animals? I've seen it in poser mods like Odin's poses, and it looks to me like the creatures are being added as static objects, probably made in 3dsmax. Will I need to learn how to do that, or is there a way to make pose spells for actual creatures in the game?

Any help would be appreciated, even if you could simply point me to some resources or tutorials.

Thanks! 

Archived