Override HDT physics for a specific body

ceiimq

Long story short, I'd like a custom race I made to use different BBP settings than the rest of the characters. I tried attaching my custom xml file to the body (and the skeleton since I'm at it) as per https://code.google.com/archive/p/hdt-pe/wikis/AttachToExisting.wiki, but my body is still using SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml like everyone else instead.

Am I missing something?

wrong path, wrong nif or nistrings not given top priority on block list

I have to agree with this, because I know it is possible to do what you're trying to do, because I've done it before myself (this is half the reason I still use the SexLab Nudesuit option - I use a kinda understated .xml for the default for clothed characters, and have an .xml with more pronounced movement attached to the nudesuit used for SL animations). So, I'd say just double-check that you entered the filepaths to the .xml files correctly, and make sure those files are in the correct places.

Although, while typing this, I had another thought... it's not just one outfit you're trying to do this for, but a custom race? That would complicate things; it should use the alternate .xml when you have the body equipped (aka, while nude), but if you equip any clothing or armor that occupies the body slot (slot 32), the body mesh will be unequipped and it'll end up switching back to the default HDT xml. If that's the case... does your custom race use a unique head mesh? Maybe try attaching the HDT Havok Path to that instead of the body meshes, since, as far as I know, that head part should always be equipped.

Maybe try attaching the HDT Havok Path to that instead of the body meshes, since, as far as I know, that head part should always be equipped.

Thanks you so much! This actually helped me find the original problem: my head already had the default xml attached to it.

Archived