marriage mod idea

chrobryou

Background:

SO  I've been playing with DW mod for a while now and it's been really immersive. It inspire me to make a similar mod but only the one that have anything to do with marriage. "Similar" mean I've learned a lot on how to make mod by studying how the DW mod work.

What is this "marriage mod"?

So it's a mod that add a lot of marriage event, like wedding ceremony, dowry payment, divorce, concubine, etc, but it has a lot of adult marriage stuff in it. I've been working on it for a month now and decided to post my idea here because I realise I would need help in brainstorming and stuff. For now I can't post it yet, since it's still really have small amount of implemented feature and still super buggy. Maybe I'll release for testing soon. Also I don't speak english especially doing medieval english dialogue stuff, so I might need help with my description.

Feature

+ already implemented

- partially implemented

? just an idea of mine

Wedding Ceremony Event

It's an event chain that are held every time a character or their heir is married, just like royal aid duty but it's an event chain. This ceremony invite people in the nearby realm to attend the wedding. Or they can just held a private wedding in local church.

things that can happen before, at, and after wedding:

+ bachelor(ette) party, if this character is hedonist he/she may throw an orgy before his/her wedding ceremony

+ bride and groom felt happy by the party and fall in love,

- bride/groom is taken away by lover, run away, and eloped.

- bride/groom saw an attractive attendee and cheat discreetly during ceremony

- Lover show up at the altar, lover become stressed/depressed.

? Guest give a wedding gifts

? Friends telling the wedding is a bad idea

? Honeymoon, leaving a regent rule

New Law : Allow to take a Mistress

Mistress is a law that enables a playable ruler who doesn't have polygamy or concubine religion mechanic (ie: catholic) to take a mistress. Mistress is an honorary title that are given to a women and automatically make her lover. It won't become a scandal because it's a law and wife will be less jealous.

? give a game rule to allow women to have mistress.

? give a game rule to allow homosexual men to have male mistress.

? give law for how many mistress honorary title can be given

? event interaction between mistress and wife

? clergy protest about the law

? Husband asking permission to wife so she can chose his mistress

? Have sex with mistress when wife is pregnant

? Husband have no heir and wife is old/infertile/imprisoned so he took mistress

? Threesome with wife

? Allow to force a prisoner a mistress (maybe with law?)

Force Concubine/Kidnapping

When I first discovered that you can do this, I'm surprised how dark it is. But I want to make it a lot more darker than it is. It's hard to imagine that a kidnapped would just willingly have sex with their captor they are even willingly become their councilor. I want to make it so every time a kidnapping happen there's event on whether the captor will use force or make her fall in love.

+ kidnapping event: concubine will be asked if she resist being concubine, if she resist, captor will get to chose whether to force her to have sex or just leave her alone. Her fertility will be reduced using a modifier to nothing so it seem's like they didn't have sex but still stay as concubine and will only get pregnant during random event

- every now and then (random event), including the first time she's kidnapped, captor will be given a choice to force the concubine to have sex.

- If her combat ability is high there's a chance that she could kill the captor/raper or even escape (I also simulate a chance of her just getting kidnapped by nearby pagan ruler as she probably didn't know where to go after escaping)

- stockholm syndrome (it's kind of funny because I tested this on viking who live where stockholm would be), she will eventually stop resisting and fall in love, removing her fertility reduction back to normal.

? concubine stop resisting after having a baby with the captor

? concubine try to abort the baby

? concubine is forced by other character in the same court to have sex

? targeted decision to rape (I'll probably give it a game rule so she won't get pregnant as often because I'd rather it's still random)

? instead of offer a prisoner for concubine for opinion you get money instead (sexual slave trade)

Marriage Consummation & Known Virgin Traits

It used to be for a long time that the purpose of marriage is only to consummate them and have lots o' babies. So after marriage the husband will be given an event to, well, consummate. The problem is the woman is actually lying about her virginity all along so when his husband know well he'll be upset that he's not the first one to get inside her.

+Known Virgin traits, is a traits that make character much more desirable

+Deflowered traits, is a hidden traits. The only one who get to see it is the one who've been inside her (both traits actually apply to both gender)

+Marriage Consummation, this is supposed to be their first time doing the deed they get good first night 

+Check for blood: the male will check the female if she's virgin or not with his "sword"

+Wife can ask their husband before he put it inside that she's not virgin anymore.

+Having sex with virgin will give modifier "virgin treats" modifier which give him plus health.

+if husband find out he'll be pissed and might get divorce reason

?before Consummation Husband saw lover's pox or great pox on wife and giving the husband divorce reason (also for opposite gender)

?shy character will be shy during consummation and cancel the consummation giving spouse divorce reason

Other feature

? Muslim iddat rules

? Harem event for muslim ruler and his spouses

? Seduction and family focus thingy

? Historical wedding ceremony ritual, including pagan sacrifice or whatever it is, haven't research on it yet

More feature to come

So what do you think? Do you have any other idea? Anything to ask?

Sounds interesting, will the concubine stuff apply to female player characters as well?

Unfortunately landed character can't be a concubine. Or at least I don't know how to make it so.

Or are you asking if the female ruler's concubine will apply because landed female can't have concubine. Probably because it would be difficult to tell who's the father.

I was referring to female rulers becoming concubines, yeah.

One way to handle that could be to have keep them as prisoners (instead of concubines by game rules) and fire the events, until they resign themselves (upon which a script could remove their titles and make them 'proper' concubines).

I was referring to female rulers becoming concubines, yeah.

One way to handle that could be to have keep them as prisoners (instead of concubines by game rules) and fire the events, until they resign themselves (upon which a script could remove their titles and make them 'proper' concubines).

I guess it can be done, but if I wanted to do that I probably have to do a lot of rewriting since I didn't ping the concubine. I thought it won't be necessary as the concubine won't be playable. Although I'll think about it. I realise that it would be interesting to play as kidnapped ruler and plotting your own escape or maybe plotting to become primary spouse.

• 1 month later...

Archived