Fallout 4 Far Harbor & Nuka-World Question

Jegan2040

Not that I am aware of.  the moment you buy and download the DLC, steam checks the game and automatically updates if its behind, at least as far as I am aware of.

Steam keeps the game up-to-date at all times.  If there is an update, Steam won't start the game until after it's updated.  The only way someone is running the game without it being the latest version is if they pirated it, or on the extremely unlikely chance that they've been running Steam exclusively in offline mode for over a year.

Not that I am aware of.  the moment you buy and download the DLC, steam checks the game and automatically updates if its behind, at least as far as I am aware of.

Steam keeps the game up-to-date at all times.  If there is an update, Steam won't start the game until after it's updated.  The only way someone is running the game without it being the latest version is if they pirated it, or on the extremely unlikely chance that they've been running Steam exclusively in offline mode for over a year.

I have run steam offline for months at a time (mostly due to slow connection speeds in this area), so it doesn't surprise me that others could and would.  

Not necessarily I always play single player games in off line mode.

I have Fall Out 4 updates set for "Only up date this game when I launch it"

As I use NMM to launch, it won't update until I let it.

I do this because I use Shadow Boost and I need Fall Out 4 Script Extender and these need corresponding Fall Out 4 executable versions.

That said. When you buy a DLC it will up date your game so that the executable supports the DLC.

Archived