Creation Kit Issue

Dro

First, forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I couldn't find a better place to ask this, but I'm working on a little mod of mine and I ran into a bit of a hiccup.

Basically, I'm adding items that have effects that you don't see or know until you equip it. I don't want to use enchantments because I want the player to be able to enchant them and not know what they have until they equip said item.

So I made a perk which I gave to the player character to only be activated when the player equips said item. However, the effect happens but I don't even have the item equipped.

The way how I made it was, First, I made a magic effect that drains health slowly over time, and then I turned into a spell with fire and forget which then I gave it to said Perk with the condition "haswornitem" and then keyword specific for that item and set to 1.

And in the perk entries I added the ability in. But sadly the effect happens without having the item, (in this case a helmet) equipped which is not what I want.

Where am I exactly failing at? I tried using some other conditions but I can't seem to find the right one. :\

Why you made all this so complicated?
Try to use vanilla script from Silver Sword.
This script add perk to player, when he equip item with this script attached. When you unequip item with this script - perk also will be removed.

Just don't forget to set your perk in script properties.

Archived