NPC changes weight when equipping UNPB armor

ChrisHPZ

Hiya Lovers Lab, got a bit of a situation here. So I've made a Serana appearance mod and she uses the UNPB body. In Creation Kit, I've set her weight to 90.0000 as opposed to the default 20.0000. Now what happens is when I give her a UNPB armor to wear, her weight reverts back to the default of 20.0000

It's like her weight in my mod if being either ignored or bypassed somehow. I know I can use the console command setnpcweight 90 on Serana to get around this. But really, who wants to do that potentially everytime Serana gets a new armor. So my question is is there a way to make my altered weight for Serana stay put if you will? Thanks in advance

post-583546-0-53369800-1503320426_thumb.jpg

Is there any other mods in your load-order who also changes her? If so i would load up SSEEdit and check which weight wins and if your mod isn't "winnig" either move your mod further down in the load order or create a override patch to make it so.

Hope this answer was helpful.

Ok, first thing first, there is no "body" under the armor in 99% of all armors/clothes.  The armor contains a body which replaces your default.  So it doesn't matter what you set someone to be, if that armor isn't already set to that as well (many custom outfits are not set to "scale" to the body).  This is why folks use bodyslide to convert outfits to the body shape that they want to use.  

Bodyslide link:  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/?

Ok, first thing first, there is no "body" under the armor in 99% of all armors/clothes.  

This is in Vanilla so, who uses the something like that ... ;)
Biped 32 is called body and not cuirass/armor - etc.
Just because Bethesda was ultimately a bit lazy, had time pressure - it is not a universal rule.
Armor etc. is set with keyword, not biped - widespread misconception

For me, the body = body and underwear is dressed, and clothes over it etc.

So much for this theory.

If he mentioned setnpcweihgt, should take it seriously.

Whether with BS/OS, Blender, 3Ds or whatever - if there is a mesh for weight 1 and a valid morphtarget weight 0, then it should work.
The ESP is the decisive factor. And only the Esp.

If it does not work - but with setnpcweight (I guess) - then it's a problem - beyond bodyslides and other theories.

Probably a mod conflict and/or script.

Or - save. ;) 

NPC's - unlike the player - are stored in the save with properties / attributes.
Editing these attributes (almost all) in the ESP has no effect on a save.

The best way to test is in the main menu:  coc qasmoke -> help searana -> player.placeatme id_from_serana 1
to see if it's problem in esp/script or just skyrim memory.

Thanks gang. I ended up using setnpcweight in the end. All worked out for me. I guess I was just taken aback because this was my first vanilla NPC mod. I've made other custom followers with different bodies, and hadn't run into the issue before.

Archived