Seeking more diversity

Hello, I’m looking for a couple of mods that may or may not exist.

Okay so first of all I just installed a bunch of new playable race mods. I love em all but when I play one I feel like I’m going extinct being the only one. I want to add these races to the world itself as NPCs. I came across a few race replacement mods but these were all specific replacements and didn’t even use any of the races I liked. Besides I don’t want to sacrifice one race for another just add more. So I’m looking for a mod that can add NPCs but draw from my mod races. They don’t have to be all that developed just enough to show there’s more than one of these races. If that is not possible, or just too big a project, how about a race change spell? That would allow me to change just a some individuals rather than mod out an entire race. But it would have to allow race selection when used. I don’t just want to create more of myself but I want to create more diversity in the world itself.

The second thing I’m looking for is a couple of body replacement mods. I already used the HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 and RobertMaleBodyReplacerV52. I like these for most the races but not all. I like my orcs to be muscular regardless of gender and my elves to be slight, even femboyish in the case of the males. Is there a mod that will let me alter these races without affecting the bodies of the others?

So those are what I’m looking for. Do any of you know anything that comes close? If not then pretty please to all modders could you make something? Especially the first one, it would be amazing.

Hello, I’m looking for a couple of mods that may or may not exist.

Okay so first of all I just installed a bunch of new playable race mods. I love em all but when I play one I feel like I’m going extinct being the only one. I want to add these races to the world itself as NPCs. I came across a few race replacement mods but these were all specific replacements and didn’t even use any of the races I liked. Besides I don’t want to sacrifice one race for another just add more. So I’m looking for a mod that can add NPCs but draw from my mod races. They don’t have to be all that developed just enough to show there’s more than one of these races. If that is not possible, or just too big a project, how about a race change spell? That would allow me to change just a some individuals rather than mod out an entire race. But it would have to allow race selection when used. I don’t just want to create more of myself but I want to create more diversity in the world itself.

Depending on what races you mean, GG or CM partners might add a few NPC's of the same race, just don't expect anything to complex, its a pretty simple framework although they do have some relaxe packages enabled.

The second thing I’m looking for is a couple of body replacement mods. I already used the HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 and RobertMaleBodyReplacerV52. I like these for most the races but not all. I like my orcs to be muscular regardless of gender and my elves to be slight, even femboyish in the case of the males. Is there a mod that will let me alter these races without affecting the bodies of the others?

So those are what I’m looking for. Do any of you know anything that comes close? If not then pretty please to all modders could you make something? Especially the first one, it would be amazing.

This one is a tough one, unfortunately only since Skyrim Bethesda has implemented body variation based on race/NPC.... your only option of giving some NPC's variation is Setbody Blockhead Edition. I also think there was a mod that enabled having different armors based on the body set, but that i do not know for sure.

As far as I can tell, the only way to make an npc a certain race is to do it yourself in an esp. which, if changing a large number, Is a very laborious task. You could do what I do and copy all your race mods to one ESM file and then use that as a master to mods that you have that add npcs and just change those npcs. The end result is having a more varied world, while still having some rarer races and little to no chance of conflict

you could also use partial replacers, by removing the race instances in the replacer esp that you don't want, or use a modular race replacer like mine to pick and choose what races you want to change.... because how many variants of Caucasian humanoids do you need?

Check, out blockhead, a great way to control racial body variance. For example, I've got femboy humans,hooved equines, curvy orcs, trans cats, etc. (you can pull out meshes from setbody if you want, I just use it as a repository for bodytypes, never installed it)

Also, raceMESS if you want to apply variance to armor and clothes.

Feel free to ask me for help I'm not the best at explaning things, but I've got some examples and tips if you need them and maybe a few meshes to share.

music I like, just because...

I don’t know how to do those neat little reply boxes that you guys used so I’m going to mark my quotes with a > instead. Can you tell me how to do that? I don’t use forums all that often.

>Depending on what races you mean, GG or CM partners might add a few NPC's of the same race, just don't expect anything to complex, its a pretty simple framework although they do have some relaxe packages enabled.

Well my race list is as follows: Kanin, Kobold, Nezumi, Poreclain Doll, Rothward, Soqui, Hircine, Wraith, Bulvene, Chahrai, Crocodilian, Draenei, Dwarf, Giant, and the Angel, devil and fairy from the transgender pack. As I said it’s a bunch; though I probably wouldn’t put in all of them as some of these should be very rare. So what are GG and CM? I’m fine with simple as I said I just want to make the world more diverse they don’t need complexity.

>As far as I can tell, the only way to make an npc a certain race is to do it yourself in an esp. which, if changing a large number, Is a very laborious task. You could do what I do and copy all your race mods to one ESM file and then use that as a master to mods that you have that add npcs and just change those npcs. The end result is having a more varied world, while still having some rarer races and little to no chance of conflict.

Well that’s all Greek to me I have no experience in mod making. I did try to make one for Baulder’s gate back in the day but was unsuccessful, not to mention I’m sure what little I learned there won’t be any help here. Also I’m not really familiar enough with the world itself to set any new NPCs to proper locations.

>you could also use partial replacers, by removing the race instances in the replacer esp that you don't want, or use a modular race replacer like mine to pick and choose what races you want to change.... because how many variants of Caucasian humanoids do you need?

Well I guess I would be fine replacing some races if that were easier, because as you said you don’t need that many human variants. But like I said I don’t know how to make mods. I would love to learn but find tutorials hard to follow and teachers in short supply.

I see you both suggested Blockhead for the other request I made. I do have a blockhead thingamajig installed already for some other mods. Are there multiples or is what I have it? If that’s it how do I use it to change the races?

>Feel free to ask me for help I'm not the best at explaning things, but I've got some examples and tips if you need them and maybe a few meshes to share.

That would be awesome. I’ll keep that in mind for when I figure out what I’m doing.

edit: just to be clear: / is to separate folder names

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11536/? tes4edit is good for ripping out things you don't want, or quickly adding something.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11367/? construction set is good for most other things.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/36370/? if you have to edit a file that uses obse scripts, or quickly move a lot of hair and eyes from one race to another

ok, as for using blockhead to change bodytypes: say you wanted to have custom lower body for a race called alligator, you'd save a mesh in

.....\oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\BodyAssetOverrides\PerRace\f

as alligator_lowerbody.nif

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/65969-mesh-extended-swap-system/ if you want to know how to use racemess: say that you add this to the ini file

set RaceMessIni.svRace to sv_construct "imp|Whale|Argonisaur|Asari|porcelain doll|Panda|Hue'mon Goth"
set RaceMessIni.suffix1 to sv_construct "_thicc"
set RaceMessIni.suffix2 to sv_construct "_thighs"
set RaceMessIni.suffix3 to sv_construct "_curves"
setstage RaceMessIni 10   ;End of this entry

then save your new , let's say iron boots (which would use something like meshes/armor/iron/boots.nif) , sort of like this: in the folder meshes/armor/iron/ as  boots_thicc.nif and any of those races above will use that for their iron boot mesh

as of right now, I can only seem to get the first 2 suffixes to work, but don't worry about that, that's mainly if you want a simple way to get  wider array of variety without making your data file too large, like say thicc could be for upperbody only and thighs could be for lowerbody only if you wanted as racemess fills in the gaps, it uses suffix 1 first, suffix 2 second  to fill in more gaps and the base meshes to fill in the remaining gaps.

P.S.

Modding is pretty easy once you are familiar with the tools.

I'm a slow and inaccurate typer as well as a scatter brain, but I will try to help you, especially since you said my favorite word diversity

also, you may have to start a new game if you merge the races you are playing as in a save file into the new esp and then stop using the old esp

and as for the square border, just click the quote button on the bottom right of the post you are quoting

Wow that's a lot of stuff that I don't understand. I'm sorry but I don't know anything about mods so all this lingo is just confusing. It took me all week just to figure out how to install them and I had a large step by step list from fejeena to do that.

Modding is pretty easy once you are familiar with the tools.

I'm a slow and inaccurate typer as well as a scatter brain, but I will try to help you, especially since you said my favorite word diversity

That is awesome but you'd have to go slow with anything you tell me. Consider me a blank slate on the subject. Perhaps if we started with something simple. Here is a list of things I would like to do with mods.

Create races

Add/alter NPCs (pretty much what started this topic)

Add quests

Create new clothing/armor

And of course the body alterations we just talked about but that's obviously not simpler.

If any of those are simpler maybe it would be better to start with one of them. Though there is also a mod I'd like to edit. I would think it the best to start with but I don't know. Essentially I downloaded the Hircine race http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/31664/? I really like the race but the mod also changes your starting gear (armor, weapons, and a ring). I don't want the gear. Its nothing special and I think it takes away from the immersion if you are starting as a prisoner who is fully armed and armored. It also changes the gear for every race not just them.

So what do you think? Is any of this a good starting point?

Ooo! I had and idea about the adding races to the world thing. I was browsing through the mods on Nexus and came across one I think was called "Crowded cities" and it mentioned having spawning points for NPCs. What if we create a couple of spawning points in towns that refreshed each time you entered? Would that pull from installed races or would they have to be preset? Either one is workable. That would solve the racial diversity and be a lot simpler, I think, than coming up with multiple NPCs for the whole world. What do you think?

*snip*

I don't think that works the way you think it does, the simplest route is to take a mod like that and manually change the added npcs' race (seeing esp added things is easier with Construction Set extender)

ok, lets see if this helps:

post-78550-0-97197600-1503510557_thumb.jpg

Well I inadvertently solved the body type question. I was looking into the pregnancy mods and one of the things suggested to go with it was a set body mod that was supposed to show a character was pregnant. But it also gives you a spell that can alter body types. It covers a wide range allowing you to alter each person as you feel. The only real problem is that it only shows while their naked but from what I've been told that's the best one can get and I'm okay with it.

That just leaves the new race NPCs. From what I've gathered from both you and the Nexus forum the best way to do that is to create my own mod that adds NPCs; so I've decided that's what I'm going to try and do. I looked at the Tes construction set you linked me but I don't know how to use it. One thing I'm noticing is that it differs from the picture you showed me in your last post. In your picture under the NPC tab yours shows a bunch of different races with a sub tab for gender. When I click to expand the NPC tab is just says male; not even a race is listed. Does that mean mine isn't working? Also the links in the program itself, that are supposed to take to sites that help you learn to use the program are dead links. Do you know any good tutorials that you could link me? I know I said tutorials are hard for me to follow but that's always because I can't ask questions. I figure if I have a tutorial and if you don't mind I could ask you questions.

On a side note I got another new race installed. The thing is I don't know how. Its a living stone statue. It must have come with another mod I installed but I don't know which mod it came with. I doubt its one I would add with the whole diversity thing because I don't think living stone golems would just be commonly around. But its strange having this new race and not knowing where it came from. I kinda want to start a new game though just because I'm curious if it can swim or if it sinks.

(1) Well I inadvertently solved the body type question. I was looking into the pregnancy mods and one of the things suggested to go with it was a set body mod that was supposed to show a character was pregnant. But it also gives you a spell that can alter body types. It covers a wide range allowing you to alter each person as you feel. The only real problem is that it only shows while their naked but from what I've been told that's the best one can get and I'm okay with it.

(2) That just leaves the new race NPCs. From what I've gathered from both you and the Nexus forum the best way to do that is to create my own mod that adds NPCs; so I've decided that's what I'm going to try and do. I looked at the Tes construction set you linked me but I don't know how to use it. One thing I'm noticing is that it differs from the picture you showed me in your last post. In your picture under the NPC tab yours shows a bunch of different races with a sub tab for gender. When I click to expand the NPC tab is just says male; not even a race is listed. Does that mean mine isn't working? Also the links in the program itself, that are supposed to take to sites that help you learn to use the program are dead links. Do you know any good tutorials that you could link me? I know I said tutorials are hard for me to follow but that's always because I can't ask questions. I figure if I have a tutorial and if you don't mind I could ask you questions.

(3) On a side note I got another new race installed. The thing is I don't know how. Its a living stone statue. It must have come with another mod I installed but I don't know which mod it came with. I doubt its one I would add with the whole diversity thing because I don't think living stone golems would just be commonly around. But its strange having this new race and not knowing where it came from. I kinda want to start a new game though just because I'm curious if it can swim or if it sinks.

(1) Not necessarily. You can use Growlf's body resizing mod.

(2) Make sure you have the latest version of the CS, then install the Extender. The Extender is infinitely superior to the base version and is significantly easier to use.

(3) I would assume it swims, because sinking would require additional programing. At any rate, you can identify which mod it originates from using the CSE (though that is an arduous process of elimination, wherein you load a group of mods and check for the race record. Alternatively, you can look at the edits by hitting the Details button - though it is not something I recommend a beginner tinker with).

• 2 weeks later...

Yeesh, it took me a long time to get back to this thread. I was having a crisis with the tamago stuff and had to reinstall my game like three times. Thankfully that's over now. Anyway I tried the Resizing mod. I think its in conflict with other mods I have installed since after I installed it everyone's bodies were blurring out. I'll do some research into it later and see if I can sort it out but thanks for the mention.

What's the CS? Is that a modding program? And if so can you link me? Keep in mind my newbieness is abundant and google searches for CS prove fruitless.

As for the Statue race I did test it out. And you were right it can swim though like you said its not really that surprising it just would have been cool if that was taken into account. I am surprised however that it can drowned. Also thanks to my multiple reinstalls I figured out which mod it came with. Its lumped in with the Lively cities mod. Its actually kind of a cool race race though. I'm trying to think of a good build for it.

• 2 months later...

Okay now that I have been modding for a little while I decided I would revisit this tread. It is so much more helpful now that I actually know what everyone is saying. So Thank you to everyone who responded. I took me a while but I finally got it.

I've actually been working on making a mod for my improved diversity. I've come up with a plan on how to make it which basically entails altering specific NPCs and adding new NPCs but I've run into a few problems with the construction set that I was hoping to get some help with.

Problem 1: I made a test mod that altered the captain (I can not think of how to spell her name) in the very beginning of the game. I opened the base .esm and the GSB's Draenei race .esp file. I then made a copy of the Draenei and altered the voice of the the copy to have the same voice as the captain (Breton) I then opened the captain's info and changed her race, hair, and eyes. It half worked. When I loaded the game she was a drenaei but no longer had any audio and just used the silent voice. Also her eyes were wrong. Not only were they the wrong eyes but they were also misaligned. The draenei's eyes work fine normally so the problem was tied to this change.

Problem 2: I tried making a new NPC, once again as a test. The first time I tried this, I tried to add them to Chorrel and my construction set kept crashing when I opened Chorrel's map. I didn't even do anything or have any other mods loaded it just crashed. The second attempt I tried to add them to the starting dungeon. This time the map opened and I was able to place my NPC but when I loaded the game they weren't there. I've watched a few different tutorials and they all say just drag your NPC to the map, align them with the ground and they should be there; but that doesn't seem to be working for me.

Lastly Problem 3: For some reason I'm having trouble with Tail .nifs I tried to customize a raccoon race I installed by giving it a tail from Quaw's race pack. But the tail wasn't showing. The strange part being I had Quaw's pack installed before and it all worked fine. I tried many other tail .nifs with other projects and got the same result. Eventually I tried reinstalling Quaw's race pack and suddenly the raccoon's tail worked. So somehow it seems the tail needs to be installed but I don't know how to do that without a mod that already does it. I have a few tails that are literally just .nif resource files but I can't use them because I can't install them. And does anyone know why I only have this problem with tails? I can use any other mesh without problem.

So those are my issues. Does anyone know what the deal is? Please let me know if you do.

Also to anyone who has actually been following this tread, I thought I should mention that I was wrong about the statue race. It comes with lovers Brute not lively cities. I found it while playing with the construction set.

1. eyes: have you changed the NPC eyes? If you create a copy of the vanilla NPC and only change the race it still use the Vanilla eyes.

Open the NPC and change the eyes ( do not select one of the 3 vanilla eyes, choose one of the Draenei race eyes.

The voice: Your new NPC is in the Draenei race .esp or in a new esp, but not in the Oblivion esm.

The voise files are "bound" to esm or esp.  So it must be in a new folder

data\Sound\voice\   Now the esp name if it is a new NPC.  If it is still the Vanilla captain  it is the Oblivion.esm. \ Now the race name! Not the race ID ! \ now the gender

Female vanilla female captain but Draenei ( I don't know the race name):  data\Sound\voice\Oblivion.esm\Race name\F\

Inside the F folder you must copy the voice files (extract them from the Oblivion - Voices1.bsa or Oblivion - Voices2.bsa )

Also Greetings, Hello, Rumors,....will have no Audio , because the Draenei race has no audio files. You must copy all dialogs she can use in the new Folder....( Don't know how to find out

which dialogs she can use ...Greetings, Hello, Rumors, Goodbye,  Attack, Hit,.... )

And check the dialog conditions of the captain . Maybe there is a race check ( some guard dialogs have condions : must be guard, must be Imperial,... )

2.  Yes simply drag the NPC to the place you want her/him.

You saved it  in your esp?  You load / activate the esp in the Mod manager?

3: have you set the tail in the race? In the esp or esm you open the race and add the tail nif path and the textures path.  You don't need any Mod, you must have the nif and the texture in the game folders.

Okay did some more testing and made some slight progress.

On the subject of altering NPCs yes I did change the eyes but for some reason when I loaded the game the character defaulted back to normal breton eyes that weren't aligned. In further tests I tried altering another character "Vinicia Melissaeia" from the Imperial Office. I tried to change her from an Imperial to a Kobold. The kobold has normal argonian eye options as well as several unique to it. I tried to set a unique eye but it defaulted  to normal argonian. So I figured out that the game is not recognizing custom eyes when I alter an NPC. If the race has a standard eye it will work but when I tried the Draenei it didn't have any standard eye choices.

Thanks for all the info on the sound files I'm actually extracting the BSA files right now so I can examine them. I haven't implemented anything yet but that all looks like it will be helpful. The voice problem does seem to be linked to the Captain specifically however as when I altered Vinicia, her voice had no issues.

As for adding NPC I still can't figure them out. I have tried making new NPCs and making copies of existing NPCs with alterations; then I drag them to a map location, set their position and it all looks good in the construction set. But When I load the game they still are not showing. I tried just dragging an existing NPC with no alterations to a map location just to see if I could get it to work, it did. So somewhere I'm having trouble with the NPCs that I create. My latest attempt had an NPC that was actually there but they weren't visible. If I passed my cursor over where they were supposed to be I got the option to interact but there was nothing there. If I did interact the camera would zoom in on the ceiling and say "I Have No Greeting".

And lastly the tail thing. Yes I have a folder in both the Data\Meshes & Data\Textures. I open the race option in the construction set and set the mesh & texture of choice but when the game loads they have no tail.

Eyes: Load a save????  That can be the problem, if you have meet the NPC the eyes are "saved".. Have you tried a new game?

Changes in existing game are not good. You can change static objects. But not "persistent objects"  like NPCs, quest items, doors,

"persistent objects" are in your save after you met them the first time.

Test such objects with a new game, not a old save.

------------------------------

Your new added (not showing) NPCs:   You can upload your esp with the NPC ( and the race esp ) and I see/check if I find the problem.

I dind't mean load as in a save file I meant it more as is boot up the game. I did get a success however. When I started this I opened the core game data and the race .esp, then I would make a new .esp that used the others. My latest try I attempted to make the changes within the race .esp itself. It worked. So apparently I needed a more direct file. That's why it wasn't showing the eyes right, they weren't loaded in the same .esp. Its strange though that it can load the body meshes and textures but not the eyes. So I guess that problem is solved even though it means I'll have to work on multiple .esp files now instead of one, oh well. Thanks for the talk it definitely helps when someone actually knows what I'm talking about.

I do have another question though. Its not a technical difficulty like the last ones more of a how to question. Now that I can get the NPCs to show up I wanted to add some of them to the random enemies like the bandits and marauders. So when I make the NPC how do I get them to be part of that random generation? Do I just put them in the bandit or whatever faction or is there more to it then that?

The tail thing still gets me though. It makes no sense.

The NPC must be in the Bandit faction ( or the Bandits will attack the NPC )  OR Marauder faction ( Bandits and Marauder do not like each other, they fight against each other)  And you must check the "No Low Level Processing" box !!!!

Then you must add your NPCs in the Level lists

Thhere are many Bandit and Marauder Level lists

LL2BanditCaves25

LL2BanditCaves50

LL2BanditCaves75

LL2BanditCaves100

LL1BanditMelee25

LL1BanditMelee50

LL1BanditMelee75

LL1BanditMelee100

and Missile and Boss Lists.  And the same for marauders.

You know you don't place Bandits in the game (world or cells) you place the level list markers.

Spoiler

The NPC LL are in the LeveledCreatures lists

LL Bandits.jpg

Add the right faction and set "No Low Level Processing"   Then drag the NPC in the Level list.

LL Bandits2.jpg

In the CS the Levellist NPCs and Creatures looks like this

LL Bandits3.jpg

Archived