Install Steam mods manually

Toxian City

I don't understand..you want to download and install steam workshop mods without steam?....unless if it's not on the nexus or another site..well i don't see any other option..like the last answer

I think toxian is referring to install the mods manually without workshop.

Then it would have to be found somewhere else...if you want a workshop mod..it's from the workshop..unless someone has the mod code of the workshop or has it to hand over...so they would as i said have to find it on the nexus or another site.

For mods that are not on anywhere other then steam all you have to do is to subscribe to the mod launch skyrim the normal way without using SKSE and wait there for the mod to install after it installs close the skyrim game launcher and go to your game folder and look for the mods .ESP/.ESM and the mods mesh and texture folder. Set up the files like they are for other skyrim mods and then zip the file and drop the .7zip file where your mod manager stores mods it's going to install and place it there. Now unsubscribe from the mod and launch the normal skyrim launcher again and wait for it to be uninstalled. Now install it through your mod manager of choice.

For mods that are not on anywhere other then steam all you have to do is to subscribe to the mod launch skyrim the normal way without using SKSE and wait there for the mod to install after it installs close the skyrim game launcher and go to your game folder and look for the mods .ESP/.ESM and the mods mesh and texture folder. Set up the files like they are for other skyrim mods and then zip the file and drop the .7zip file where your mod manager stores mods it's going to install and place it there. Now unsubscribe from the mod and launch the normal skyrim launcher again and wait for it to be uninstalled. Now install it through your mod manager of choice.

That was the only reasonable and correct answer.

@Toxian City: Even without MO or NMM it works exactly in this way.

Unless its also hosted elsewhere think you only real option is to subscribe in steam and then once installed go into the \data folder and copy the files to elsewhere for your backup

Thank you this is what i want ;)

I don't understand..you want to download and install steam workshop mods without steam?....unless if it's not on the nexus or another site..well i don't see any other option..like the last answer

Some mods are only on Steam and not on nexus i want a backup for the future. Mods comes down every day.

Thank you very kind, yes i know the normal process to install, i was interest to backup part ;) Thanks anyway your answer help mate.

That was the only reasonable and correct answer.

@Toxian City: Even without MO or NMM it works exactly in this way.

Yeah Andy i saw ;)

Archived